News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous accusations like this are why the Ford brothers got elected in the first place!

Here we have an NDP Councillor - Sarah Doucette - accusing Doug Ford of "buying votes" because Doug has pledged $50,000 of his own money to go towards making improvements in 10 city parks across the city (not just Etobicoke). Doug isn't even running for re-election - how could he be buying votes? What is more Doug is planning on spending HIS money in wards that do not receive the benefit of section 37 funds (i.e. the re-election war-chest that downtown Councillor's use to buy votes for their reelection).

In the same article it says that Doucette herself is raising money for making improvements to a park. So it's OK for her to "buy votes" as long as she uses other peoples money?

This kind of idiocy on the left wing is going to get Rob Ford re-elected.

When Doug Ford positions this as an example of his benign charity, only the naive will buy it. Next election, he most certainly has a horse in the race; the salvation of his own political career vis a vis the survival of Rob Ford's. These donations in suburban wards are designed to boost the electoral prospects of Rob Ford, make no mistake. If Rob continues to tank in 2014, watch how quickly the Ontario PCs distance themselves from Doug (if they haven't done so in the interim)

Last edited:
The tweet was real, I looked for it. Also "smh" isn't a hip-hop thing, I see that term used all the time.

Thanks for the tweet info. I didn't think smh was a hip hop thing, I'm no hip hop expert though; not sure why Peepers though that. I though smh was internet slang.

Thanks for the tweet info. I didn't think smh was a hip hop thing, I'm no hip hop expert though; not sure why Peepers though that. I though smh was internet slang.

Sorry, should have inserted a line break...it was just a general response, not aimed at you. :) I can't remember which tweet I saw but there was definitely something posted publicly.

dforthandbview - nothing wrong with it. Peepers just used it as a way to link the hacker and Manuvsteele, and my point was it's not hip-hop slang, it's very common across the internet.

If at any point in the elections (municipal or provincial) some one linked to their campaign brings up this donation than I would count it as vote buying.
I would even go so far as to say it would amount to an illegal contribution to RoFo's campaign. Any legal experts care to weigh in?

Last edited:
$4 million in annual sales would not fund the Fords' lifestyles, IMO. That palatial spread of Diane's, Doug giving Rob a new SUV as a birthday present, incurring $100K in legal fees to try to avoid paying a $3,150 fine, the cottage, etc., etc. -- people who take home less than $200K a year (per the calculation upthread) can't afford those things.

ISTR reading Deco's overall sales were actually in the neighbourhood of $30 million, but I can't remember the source.

All the real estate was bought decades ago when real estate was much more affordable. A lease on a Caddy is pretty affordable to the average upper middle class driver.

Not everyone is a nouveau-riche Canadian.

Hmm…

"with zero respect for the privacy and discretion of the clients"
"If you are a regular, you will be gossiped about by the owners and workers --there is zero privacy or discretion."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back