News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability of someone as clever as Black to manipulate someone as dumb as Ford cannot be over stated. With Black's latest NP rant, it is clear now that this whole Black on Ford thing was simply Black using Ford to attack his old nemesis...the Toronto Star.
I can easily imagine Black manipulating Ford into doing this. In which case it has less to do with Dale than it does with attacking the Star. If that is what happened, Black has basically given Ford a loaded gun, aimed it at Ford's foot, and told him when to pull the trigger. After making sure that he himself was out of harm's way, of course.

In case anyone needs a diversion, there's a murder of crows over at r/toronto feasting on Lord Black's editorial. It seems they've concluded it's a palsied enterprise of febrile agitiation, fatuous excresence and bilious vituperation darkly fomented by a vapid blunderbuss.

Last edited:
Conrad Black is injecting himself into the news cycle by using Robbie. Just like all people of Conrad's ilk, including the Fords, love to paint themselves the victims, and in some cases a martyr/messiah. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and the press did their job of letting everyone know, his 15 minutes are over.

That's why I'm confused about Lord Black. He should've known.

Though, given that article, it looks like he's trying to cover his ass.

Well, it's interesting how it could have come across as borderline sensible, had he not veered off into that anti-Star rant in the second half...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stop-the-bullying-help-pay-mayor-ford-s-legal-costs Two full days in and a total of 15.5 Ford Nation loyals have each thrown a years worth of VRT savings towards Ford's indiegogo campaign. Speaks volumes.

These people really think Rob doesn't have the wealth to pay his own legal costs, cuz u know he's one of us. And I love this particular statement from the summary page:
This is an independent campaign run by Canadians like you who are against bullying and harassment.

Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 8.36.02 PM.jpg

the newest donor gave me a chuckle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 8.36.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 8.36.02 PM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 480
The Rob Ford donation campaign reminds me of the Tea Party, in which most members do not know that the Koch Brothers funded much of that movement.

So you used to deal drugs and that's how you know drug dealers. Why didn't you just say so?

Hey TOperson? You seem to be edging closer and closer to some kind of "gotcha" thing... and I don't think you'll find the most receptive audience for it here.

FWIW I have known more than a few drug dealers in my life. Pretty much all were street-level weed dealers but for whatever reason I was trustworthy and on occasion I would be brought along and get to meet the next guy up. I guess the reason I say this is because I want to normalize the drug dealer in society. The impression that these people are the tattooed killers you see in movies is frankly insane. In fact I would characterize most of the street-level people as not dissimilar from those who sell stuff on Etsy.

Black rips into Toronto Star for ‘attempted coup’ against Mayor Rob Ford

http://www.therecord.com/news-story...ar-for-attempted-coup-against-mayor-rob-ford/

From the interview: "The voters control this city, not the Toronto Star. And the attempt to end-run the electoral system is dishonest and a menace to democracy."

:rolleyes:

I'm glad that a noted fighter for democracy like Conrad Black has alerted us to the actions of the dishonest, anti-democratic Toronto Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back