News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to give that fundraiser a piece of my mind earlier, but it wont let you do two cent donations...

Hey TOperson? You seem to be edging closer and closer to some kind of "gotcha" thing... and I don't think you'll find the most receptive audience for it here.

FWIW I have known more than a few drug dealers in my life. Pretty much all were street-level weed dealers but for whatever reason I was trustworthy and on occasion I would be brought along and get to meet the next guy up. I guess the reason I say this is because I want to normalize the drug dealer in society. The impression that these people are the tattooed killers you see in movies is frankly insane. In fact I would characterize most of the street-level people as not dissimilar from those who sell stuff on Etsy.

The funny thing about the Globe's DoFo story was my first impression: "Yeah. that makes sense." Most of the soft drug sellers that we kids growing up in Toronto knew were actually from pretty affluent families. Sons (because they were without fail guys) of stockbrokers, lawyers or executives. Richer than most of us. They went on to Bay Street, Osgoode Hall or pretty successful careers elsewhere. At least one we knew is now a prominent C-suite-er. Another is a handsomely retired bond trader. None that we knew of is anywhere near a prison. They're more likely having dinner at The Chase.

The Globe's Doug Ford story rings true because of this.

The funny thing about the Globe's DoFo story was my first impression: "Yeah. that makes sense." Most of the soft drug sellers that we kids growing up in Toronto knew were actually from pretty affluent families. Sons (because they were without fail guys) of stockbrokers, lawyers or executives. Richer than most of us. They went on to Bay Street, Osgoode Hall or pretty successful careers elsewhere. At least one we knew is now a prominent C-suite-er. Another is a handsomely retired bond trader. None that we knew of is anywhere near a prison. They're more likely having dinner at The Chase.

This is disgustingly true, although in my admittedly limited experience things starting to change in the suburbs of the GTA due to the economic climate. There are increasing numbers of dealers from working class families doing it to make ends meet or just to maintain the middle class lifestyle. The war on drugs and weed specifically is an incredible sham designed in part to keep pricks like Doug Ford on top.

What is it about Flaherty, a federal govt minister, that makes him so adamant in protecting RoFo?

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I just don't get it! ( yes, I know he is family friends with the fords).

I remember reading a while back that he has an illness that requires medication that make him overly emotional. That explains his reaction when asked about RoFo a couple of weeks back. I don't know if it also led to this recent outburst.

Sure hope that is the case, as this guy is our Finance Minister!!

From the interview: "The voters control this city, not the Toronto Star. And the attempt to end-run the electoral system is dishonest and a menace to democracy."

:rolleyes:

I'm glad that a noted fighter for democracy like Conrad Black has alerted us to the actions of the dishonest, anti-democratic Toronto Star.

Maybe Mama Ford has promised Mr. Black a senate seat when the time comes that Rob is installed as Prime Minister.

Who else had the money as a teenager to buy the supply upfront?

Who else had the confidence that if they got caught that A. Daddy would bail them out and lawyer them up and B. Their status and position would mean that a drug charge could be shrugged off.

Oh yeah, the mid level dealers always came from money in my suburban experience. Like an arrogant asshole like Dougie is going to get a job at Harvey's flipping burgers.

I remember reading a while back that he has an illness that requires medication that make him overly emotional. That explains his reaction when asked about RoFo a couple of weeks back. I don't know if it also led to this recent outburst.

Sure hope that is the case, as this guy is our Finance Minister!!

'Roid rage.

There are increasing numbers of dealers from working class families doing it to make ends meet or just to maintain the middle class lifestyle.

That's a pretty poignant dispatch. Emblematic of these pre-revolutionary times.

Obviously, the late 70s (*Grabs walker. Slips into easy-entry tub*") were very different.

Last edited:
This thread has gone to shit.
What are you all discussing anyways? None of anything that I've been reading is new or interesting.
Yup. This thread is unreadable for me now. I don't know what anyone is talking about anymore. If it's not conspiracies being made up, then it's just rumours and garbage. If you have nothing to report or discuss on-topic, then go read a book or something.

Weeds sellers aren't even "drug dealers" anymore. :p

It's a plant, ffs! How messed up is a society that has the moral hubris to illegalise that which occurs naturally? (This obviously goes for mushrooms, DMT, etc as well)

Also, this thread has veered! ;)

This thread has gone to shit.
An ironic comment from someone who has has just got here.

What are you all discussing anyways? None of anything that I've been reading is new or interesting.
Now that Mayor Kelly is in charge, it's not surprising that things are quieter.

But isn't that a good thing? Surely we want to back to the days when city politics were rather dull, and the biggest excitement was a debate about billboard sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back