News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet anything it's no accident that Doug has been completely MIA since the Steak Queen fiasco. IF he's capable of reflection (big if), he's probably asking himself if he really wants to sign up for 9 more months of this.

Does this mean he hasn't been at work for a whole week? Sounds like a vacation for the rest of City Hall.

Maybe Doug has gone on a trip to Chicago or Florida or Jersey to look after things at his real job.

edit: aaaaand he's back:

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr
Doug Ford says Toronto Region Board of Trade should "review its leadership" after last night's snub of the mayor

Last edited:
Well this is interesting...

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 3m
Mohamed's lawyer said charges dropped bc no reasonable prospect of conviction. He was charged w murder then dropped to accessory after fact

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 5m
Full story: Charges stayed against man linked to Anthony Smith shooting #topoli http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/charges-stayed-against-man-linked-to-anthony-smith-shooting/article16541068/ …

I was under the impression that this was a forgone conclusion. When Nisar Hashimi accepted a plea deal for manslaughter, the consensus from a few lawyers in the press and on twitter was that the charges against Mohamed would be dropped.

Khattak's lawyer has tweeted about the decision to stay the charges.

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 11.20.23 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 11.20.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 11.20.23 AM.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 457
he's on cp24 right now. (Doug)

rant at Wilding and her lack of oversite on the invite-gate.. lmao
& on about gravy train, budget, bull shit...typical talking points rehash

Does this make sense, though? He may not have pulled the trigger but he participated in the crime and admitted it. I'm no legal eagle but I don't get this.

Me either especially since he was eventually charged with accessory not with murder. It makes no sense to me at all. Now I'm not a lawyer (yet) but I do know the law fairly well. This still rings suspicious to me, and I would bet there was some info shared or something used as leverage to get the charges stayed (not dropped and that's an important factor).

Well, it's not the first time Robbie has shown up without his handlers, usually he's also tripping on some substance.

Pretty much a given, isn't it, that when he goes out somewhere alone he's either stoned or drunk. And, strangely, he goes places where he shouldn't be at all, let alone in his condition.

Yes, RoFo's demons come out in spades when he is under the influence. His anger at authority and his massive, unresolved resentment at being an uninvited outsider light up like a beacon when he's wasted.

I would bet there was some info shared or something used as leverage to get the charges stayed (not dropped and that's an important factor).
If he does have information which resulted in his charges stayed, perhaps the info is related to the charges against Muhammad Khattak or Nisar Hashimi or someone else and not necessarily Rob Ford-related.

edit: a tweet from CBC's John Lancaster:
Accused's lawyer says case stayed, suggests Crown keeping disclosure for an unrelated "ongoing investigation."

edit: a tweet from CBC's John Lancaster:
Accused's lawyer says case stayed, suggests Crown keeping disclosure for an unrelated "ongoing investigation."

Not only is that a "WOW" but that's probably what someone here said that the cops had something on the mayor... because we all know who is involved in (the target of) the "ongoing investigation".

Yes, RoFo's demons come out in spades when he is under the influence. His anger at authority and his massive, unresolved resentment at being an uninvited outsider light up like a beacon when he's wasted.

This really seems like a major part of Mayor Moron's rage issues, i.e. all those high hat 'elitists' looking down their noses at him, and thinking they're better than he is. What with their snooty manners (which is to say: not reflectively acting like crass, bullying assholes) and fancy college-boy words (using proper grammar; speaking in complete sentences), etc.

Not only is that a "WOW" but that's probably what someone here said that the cops had something on the mayor... because we all know who is involved in (the target of) the "ongoing investigation".
Another relevant tweet from John Lancaster:

Worth noting: Investigator in Smith case also involved with Lisi/Ford situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back