News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trudeau is tolerable... but could you imagine Ben??? Gaaaahhhhh!

When Amazing Race Canada was being cast, everyone that loved the show was dreading the announcement of the host because we were sure it would have been Ben Mulroney. Thankfully, they got Jon Montgomery instead.

Norm Kelly kicks ass. He's talking about the budget and I'm so glad he and others are adding the cost of the subway to the budget instead of talking about it as part of the budget. He also said Ford should have presented the supposed $50 million tax savings ages ago. He also commented on yesterday's dinner and that Ford took the attention from Nazir Mohammed by making himself a side show.

Norm Kelly kicks ass. He's talking about the budget and I'm so glad he and others are adding the cost of the subway to the budget instead of talking about it as part of the budget. He also said Ford should have presented the supposed $50 million tax savings ages ago. He also commented on yesterday's dinner and that Ford took the attention from Nazir Mohammed by making himself a side show.

He has that Mr. Rogers type soothing personality. If there were riots in the streets, all he'd have to tell people is to stop misbehaving and everyone would listen and go back to their homes. Like a very kind grandfather.

He has that Mr. Rogers type soothing personality. If there were riots in the streets, all he'd have to tell people is to stop misbehaving and everyone would listen and go back to their homes. Like a very kind grandfather.

I like him - too bad he's too old to run for Mayor. He has to retire at some point. But talk about loads of insight and experience.

So the charges that are stayed are basically suspended 1 year - until the info that was traded can be proven to be held up in court?

i think it might be suspended for a year to ensure that whatever info was traded actually gets results... so maybe right now that info is being used to collect new evidence on ford, i.e. catch him in the act, which will then result in his arrest?

Under Rob Ford's term in office, it has been:

[h=1]Toronto protected bike lane strategy: study, discuss, repeat. Meanwhile Ottawa just builds them[/h]
See link.

Under Rob Ford's term in office, it has been:

[h=1]Toronto protected bike lane strategy: study, discuss, repeat. Meanwhile Ottawa just builds them[/h]
See link.

It's hard to blame Rob Ford on this one when we have such a pathetic city council and that useless chair Denzil Minnan-Wong of the public works commitee. Things were not much better under Miller either.

I like him - too bad he's too old to run for Mayor. He has to retire at some point. But talk about loads of insight and experience.

Let's not lose perspective here. Norm Kelly may look great when he's standing next to Rob Ford, but the guy is one of the most useless members of council. He is a perennial backbencher with no major accomplishments to his name, despite his long career. He's a climate-change denier. Up until his appointment as interim mayor, he voted in lock-step with even the most misconceived parts of Ford's agenda (e.g. firing Gary Webster). He took a Florida vacation in the middle of the ice storm.

Bottom line: Having someone as unqualified as Kelly serve as interim mayor is not good for the city. However, that's what happens when the elected mayor (e.g. Rob Ford) appoints a deputy mayor based on loyalty rather than qualifications (which ended up backfiring anyway).

I've never understood the relationship between Ford and Perruzza. Perruzza is a card carrying NDP member who is one of the most reliable opponents of Ford's agenda (at least in terms of his votes). Ford, who has proven to be particularly vengeful against councilors like Ainslie and Robinson for voting against him, has continued to maintain a good relationship with Perruzza and has kept him on executive committee.
Since I'm 1/2 Italian I guess I can say this... but I never understand the relationship between Italians and Rob Ford. All Italian-Canadians on Council are (or have been) in Ford's camp. Moreover, from what I've seen with some of my relatives and such, he seems to gather a lot of their support/sympathy (even if they live in Woodbridge and can't vote for him).

Let's not lose perspective here. Norm Kelly may look great when he's standing next to Rob Ford, but the guy is one of the most useless members of council. He is a perennial backbencher with no major accomplishments to his name, despite his long career. He's a climate-change denier. Up until his appointment as interim mayor, he voted in lock-step with even the most misconceived parts of Ford's agenda (e.g. firing Gary Webster). He took a Florida vacation in the middle of the ice storm.

Bottom line: Having someone as unqualified as Kelly serve as interim mayor is not good for the city. However, that's what happens when the elected mayor (e.g. Rob Ford) appoints a deputy mayor based on loyalty rather than qualifications (which ended up backfiring anyway).

Norm Kelly has been useless for over 35 years, he has always reminded me of a used car salesman, he just happens to look good standing next to Ford.

Since I'm 1/2 Italian I guess I can say this... but I never understand the relationship between Italians and Rob Ford. All Italian-Canadians on Council are (or have been) in Ford's camp. Moreover, from what I've seen with some of my relatives and such, he seems to gather a lot of their support/sympathy (even if they live in Woodbridge and can't vote for him).

Except Maria Augimeri. Had Joe Pantalone stayed on council, I'd expect that he'd be far out of Ford's camp. Perruzza is a bit of a strange duck, at least based on his voting record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back