News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had noticed that too. They did get around, but only within the downtown. I was hoping for some shots further afield and never saw any.... The whole city needs to be appealed to. Focusing on downtown is preaching to the choir.

Fortunately, there's PLENTY of asshole quotes to go around, so a suburban sequel could be right around the corner!

...... I remember one young woman on the Viaduct ( before the barrier went up ). We got to her in time, and I asked her, "why?". She said if just one person had smiled at her, that she never would have considered taking the jump.

Welcome to Toronto.

for anyone interested, i was at indigo's bay/bloor location, and sales of Crazy Town have apparently surpassed some kind of high volume mark and are now being offered at 40% off (i don't understand how that works)

so 40% off, then add 5% gst, total $18.87

:)

Neat. The Kindle edition is $15 on Amazon.ca, if you're someone like me who doesn't fetishize collecting physical books ;-)

The hardcover is actually 2 cents cheaper, but it's out of stock and you have to pay for shipping (unless you buy something else for a total of over $25)

Fortunately, there's PLENTY of asshole quotes to go around, so a suburban sequel could be right around the corner!

True enough. And really I'm picking nits, it looked great. But the city is bigger than it used to be, like it or not, and the city needs to pull together and find some common ground to counter the divisive culture of Ford Nation.

Soknacki and Ford are at U of T Scarborough campus tomorrow at 7:00.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2 hrs
First semi-confrontation of the 2014 mayoral campaign tomorrow night: Ford, Soknacki both going to U of T-Scarborough event at 7.

A quick look at Google gives you the answer. http://www.buildtoronto.ca/directors

Which one of these things, is not like the others? lol

It's funny, when you go down the list of the Board Of Directors, it lists the degrees they all have, except for one. Doug is the only directer without a University degree. (or even a community collage diploma, for that matter, oh, but he did get an award from his local Rotary Club)

Last edited:
Which one of these things, is not like the other? lol

It's funny, when you go down the list of the Board Of Directors, it lists the degrees they all have, except for one. Doug is the only directer without a University degree. (or even a community collage diploma, for that matter)

I pointed that out earlier, plus Carleton and Humber again. Why Carleton? Ford Sr. must have had connections, there is no way Rob would have qualified with his academic prowess.

Which one of these things, is not like the other? lol

It's funny, when you go down the list of the Board Of Directors, it lists the degrees they all have, except for one. Doug is the only directer without a University degree. (or even a community collage diploma, for that matter, oh, but he did get an award from his local Rotary Club)

That and the complete continued objectification of women: "his wife and four beautiful daughters" - heaven forbid they should be any more, or any less than that.

Which one of these things, is not like the others? lol

So? Doug's brother's main opponent in 2010 was someone who didn't finish grade 10. I can think of myriad reason to dislike Rob and Doug but the fact that they haven't completed any post-secondary education or that Doug referred to his wife and 4 "beautiful daughters" (good grief some people will criticize everything) is irrelevant.

So? Doug's brother's main opponent in 2010 was someone who didn't finish grade 10. I can think of myriad reason to dislike Rob and Doug but the fact that they haven't completed any post-secondary education or that Doug referred to his wife and 4 "beautiful daughters" (good grief some people will criticize everything) is irrelevant.

Actually, it was a larger, contextual and patterned reference that clearly sailed right past you.

But, you know, cool.

Something like that. I think Ford's thinking processes, such as they are, run something like:

1) The city wants to spend money on something that's not my idea? Must be a waste of money
2) Mental health? What is that really? Can't people just pull themselves together, get a grip, get over it?
3) You can't stop people killing themselves, at least not with money. So again, waste of money.
4) What kind of people kill themselves anyway? Hmm ... well, that guy who was abused by that child molester at MLG. Maybe if we used money to nab guys like that.

In the case of the arts, he'd probably use a similar argument, except insinuate that the arts don't need money, especially if they somehow promote/hide child molestation.

Ford is very skilled at 'othering' those who don't follow his reflexive desire to withhold money whenever possible. There's something psychological to his pattern of denial of monetary assistance.

The fact that you can't really criticize someone for suggesting more resources be allocated to nabbing sexual predators was probably the extent of his thought process. I doubt he really thought the money could magically be diverted to some line item for "catching child molesters" He just doesn't want money spent on anything unless it will benefit him in some way.

but he did get an award from his local Rotary Club

The chapter that was founded by his father.

It's not just the lack of education - of course there are extremely bright and able people without diplomas or degrees - but these guys have kinda built a myth around themselves as great businessmen etc and so on when really their experience is the family company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back