News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone here will argue against that. I think most posters here, myself included, are in favour of taxes that pay for services. My personal vendetta is with the anaemic TTC subsidies, which cause service shortfalls for everyone and ultimately downloads costs through fare hikes to the most cost-sensitive members of society.

People rightfully get a bit crotchety when funds raised through taxation are squandered, such as the F35 purchase you mentioned. One of the biggest problems I have is that we care about tens of thousands of dollars in senate scandal, and politicians like Rob Ford care about things like free Metropasses for councillors. This diverts the attention away from huge failed or short-sighted programs like the F35 purchase, like the gas plants and ORNGE, like the gun registry, and like the Scarborough subway. Literally billions and billions of dollars mismanaged at each level of government but people find time to [censored] about the small stuff.

Still, any large bureaucracy has inefficiencies. Doubt any of us could fix it if we tried.
I am strongly in favour of taxes as well.

University Of Toronto students cheering for Ford? That kinda blows my mind because I just can't picture our (so called) brightest students being so stupid. I know that the quality of students has been plunging but sadly, I didn't realize they had fallen that low.

To be fair, it's students from the Scarborough campus. :p

And yes there is a conservative club. No big deal really.

University Of Toronto students cheering for Ford? That kinda blows my mind because I just can't picture our (so called) brightest students being so stupid. I know that the quality of students has been plunging but sadly, I didn't realize they had fallen that low.

Still, the only candidates anyone heard of that showed up were Ford, Soknacki (with very few exceptions, nobody is excited about Soknacki) and Underhill (who is best known among west-end hipsters and aging '80s scenesters). Let's see what happens once Chow and/or Tory put their names in.

I'm sure Ford Nation got some of the Ford Fest crowd out there.

Mayor Rob Ford backtracks on offer to share cellphone with cops

I don't envy his lawyers, do you?

I can just imagine Mr. Hotmail calling him after the Sun story went up... "Robbie, buddy, listen to me. You can't freakin' *say* that."

BfvfWB9CEAIc_Z8.jpg

https://twitter.com/KatieSimpson24/status/431183759061172224/photo/1

Attachments

• BfvfWB9CEAIc_Z8.jpg
    BfvfWB9CEAIc_Z8.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 440
I don't envy his lawyers, do you?

I can just imagine Mr. Hotmail calling him after the Sun story went up... "Robbie, buddy, listen to me. You can't freakin' *say* that."

i guess he's paid really well, or something.

remember this?

“I challenge anyone to indicate that whatever they see, and he’s said this from Day 1, he does not smoke crack cocaine, and there’s no video showing him smoking crack cocaine,†Morris said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ght_not_have_been_smoking_crack_in_video.html

i wonder what their conversation after the crack smoking admission was like.

Also, MM if you're still awake, this source isn't the same one that led you to say Rob Ford is going to have a terrible Christmas, is it?

MetroMan, you are the best!

Your posts are more informative than any tweets here.

Rob Ford's Teflon armour sundered completely!

Even Teflon becomes toxic when you apply enough heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back