News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM, one thing, it was the RCMP and not VPD who ticketed Rob. VPD don't police Burnaby and Coquitlam.

Anyhow, damn I hope your TPS sources are right.

Well I'm glad I made that mistake because comparing the VPD to the TPS certainly got my source talking quickly. I understand there's a rivalry.

Regarding which charges will be laid, I don't want to commit but it's becoming clear that Ford has had the office of Mayor being used for a lot more than fixing potholes and building subways.

The Lisi extortion charge is also clearly Ford related and proving a Ford connection is probably the most straightforward to prosecute.

That Ford is personally involved in the Anthony Smith homicide is a bit too far from reality for me. I'm almost positive that Smith's murder was retaliation for guns theft and that this was just run of the mill inter gang violence.

Any sense of any kind of timeline on this?

The investigation is now in a phase where the police know what happened, what crimes were committed and are now piecing together a case through interviews and evidence gathering.

Right now, investigators are probably sifting through Ford's cell and car location data cross referencing it with their theories of what happened and who he contacted and when and where. That could take a few months to complete.

Wrapping up the case, submitting it to the Crown and having them give a go ahead for a charge could take another couple of months.

I'd put a guess on mid to late summer unless a major breakthrough occurs that moves the investigation from methodical to a slam dunk case.

Whatever happens, Ford will be charged and released on bail and any trial would be held well after the election. Ford is still running unless he drops dead or kills someone himself.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
Ford: "Jerry, you got the magnets?" Being mobbed. Wouldn't talk to me about Pride.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3m
Ford's closing pitch is tighter than Soknacki's. Soknacki sometimes gets stuck briefly in the detail-weeds.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m
Soknacki: I'm running because lots of issues aren't being addressed; mayor needs to work with people.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 10m
Ford: "We have built a subway." Not quite, though one is approved. Again falsely says there were no strikes under him - library strike.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 11m
Ford's closing speech: Promises made, promises kept. Cut council budgets, got a great deal with unions, got rid of bag tax, TTC essential.

It would be nice to see more tweets about Soknacki rather than Ford and his BS.

I've known Robb J for a couple years. Good guy, solid head on his shoulders.
I looked him up. His handle on twitter is @robbnotford.

His website for the mayoral campaign is: http://robbnotford.com/
He does seem like a good, solid guy.

And he has a grasp of gender politics.
Here is a blog post he wrote today, about the very same thing we were discussing here today.

..."Putting aside my conflict about lending further credence to the scandal that Ford has become (though I admit that contributing to a better global reputation for Toronto is part of the reason I am embarking upon this campaign), some poignant issues regarding gender politics and a culture of misogyny came up that just could not be ignored.

Let’s do a quick Holy Trinity on how Toronto officials are demonstrating that we clearly do not live in a post-gender world, and feminists (of which I include myself) still have much need to exist, be active, raise awareness, and build change from the ground up.

First, personal attacks against Robyn Doolittle (rather than empirical attacks upon the merits of her work) have, typically, been of a misogynist nature. This would not be the case if she was a male journalist (some great examples are in this Flare article by Rebecca Godfrey).
Second, aside from his racist and homophobic remarks and actions, Rob Ford’s recent “I’ve got more than enough to eat at home†soundbyte (despite previously stating: “respect my wife’s privacy“) demonstrates a lack of regard, not simply for the sensitivities of his citizenry, but for his own attitudes towards women, and his wife, in the content of his own words.

Last, despite Sarah Thomson‘s assertion that NewsTalk 1010 host and prospective Mayoral candidate John Tory is a feminist (highly contested on ground that the negative response to his recent comments were not in fact, as Thomson suggests, largely made by men), Tory recently remarked that a) women should take up golf to achieve pay equity; and b) the reason women do not get as much accomplished in the workforce is that they are not as aggressive as men.

I’m committed to running a clean Mayoral campaign, and although examples like this demonstrate that some players can be involved in a dirty, misogynist game, I hope we can look to these as opportunities to recognize the deeply-rooted nature of gender biases amongst public officials in Toronto, and that the responsibility to change them rests with all of us."

> "I wonder if Chief Blair will afford Rob Ford the courtesy of requesting him to come in voluntarily or if they'll make a big show out of arresting him while ensuring that people (including the media) will be watching."

aka "the Perp Walk".

Along with a Lennie Briscoe wisecrack as they slap on the cuffs. Better bring an extra pair for the wide-load.

With the Cops theme playing in the background for him to dance to, "All suspects innocent until proven guilty by a court of law."

"Whatcya gonna do, whatcya gonna do when they come for you?"

Last edited:
Regarding which charges will be laid, I don't want to commit but it's becoming clear that Ford has had the office of Mayor being used for a lot more than fixing potholes and building subways.
I've always thought that what was in Lisi's envelopes was something a lot more sinister than drugs.

Yes, I've also heard some of this has to do with him misusing his office. What have you heard about the two May 21st attacks against Fab and Harrun? I heard the same person who organized MacIntyre's prison beat down could be behind those incidents as well.

So the issue isn't that RoFo will be charged with "A" crime - he will likely be charged with "MANY"?

...Regarding which charges will be laid, I don't want to commit but it's becoming clear that Ford has had the office of Mayor being used for a lot more than fixing potholes and building subways...

When you say Ford above, are you talking about just Rob, or Doug too?

Yes, I've also heard some of this has to do with him misusing his office. What have you heard about the two May 21st attacks against Fab and Harrun? I heard the same person who organized MacIntyre's prison beat down could be behind those incidents as well.

Payman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back