News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city beat reporters just spent their evenings chasing down two rumours that don't appear to have panned out:

1. Rob was going to surrender himself tonight and face charges
2. Rob was going to take his kids and hole up at an airport hotel, on the pretense that TPS wouldn't arrest him if he was hiding out with his family (see - nobody's a better dad than him)

Apparently the intel was coming in from multiple unconnected sources and included some very specific details. Of course the media gets these kind of tips every day, most of which are wrong/false. What's interesting here is that the press clearly believes an arrest is imminent and are jockeying for the scoop. Interesting times.

Though if you were to boil things down to the I Hate The War bunch, they're mostly post-menopausal crazy ladies or guys on bad date lists: those sorts...

Gotta say, the post to which you responded was kinda, sorta, mmm, borderline 'eliminationist'. Saw it, let it slip. thought "if anyone else notices, well, then maybe I'll throw in. Don't want to be a naggyboots" and all that. But now that it's reappeared, gosh. C'mon, even at its most hyperbolic, ironic or whatever deflection you choose, 'should not be allowed to procreate' and 'worst thing that could happen to OUR gene pool' are pretty drastic and, frankly, awful thoughts, no? Rub and Thug are devoutly to be wished gone from public life, but still...

So, yeah, Naggyboots.

The life cycle of a Doug Ford lie

Doug Ford started with this:

“You know what’s ironic? I spoke to some folks in the gay community, and they said they weren’t going because they didn’t like the idea of men running — you know, middle-aged men, with pot bellies, running down the street buck naked. And they didn’t feel comfortable that they could bring their kids there.â€

He then went straight into bringing his own children down there: “I was down there, I brought my kids down there and I wouldn’t bring my kids back when there is buck naked men running down the street,†Ford said. He let it hang in just the right way so that one could easily - but erroneously - infer that his children were victimized by the sight of naked men at Pride (as Daniel Dale did).

But, like all Ford lies, the story changed yet again later on Newstalk 1010 when he said: "And my girls told me straight out, Dad, I don't want to see some middle aged man running buck naked down the street."

Ah. So at no point did any Ford child see any middle-aged fat men running naked on Yonge St., they were apparently just grossed out by the thought of it. But somehow the former is the impression he managed to get published. Amazing.

Even more amazing is the Ford ability to shift any story just enough that it's no longer about the real issue (e.g., Rob's homophobia), it's about something else - in this case, the annual inability of gay men to keep their clothes on in front of children. Unbelievable.

So here I am in San Francisco for a while, reading these comments. Toronto is being tarnished by the homophobic dickweeds, the Fords, internationally. This is so sad. I'm tempted to just stay in SF.

Let's hope RoFo is in jail once World Pride rolls around :)

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/431477967105966080

• Daniel Dale (@ddale8): Doug Ford repeated the "buck naked men" line several times. This is strategy, folks.
  • Joe Warmington (@joe_warmington): @ddale8. Columnist now?
  • Daniel Dale (@ddale8): @joe_warmington I'm just providing context and (obvious) analysis, like all journalists do - we don't just print quotes, right?
  • Joe Warmington (@joe_warmington): @ddale8 for sure. What's the strategy?
  • Daniel Dale (@ddale8): @joe_warmington I don't know! Do you? It's just clear that the Rob-Doug comments are not gaffes or something - calculated.
  • Joe Warmington (@joe_warmington): @ddale8. Not sure. Strange strategy though. Lol.
  • Daniel Dale (@ddale8): @joe_warmington Maybe! We've seen weirder things than this, though.

-----

Dale is WAY too nice to Worm. There are some other funny comments in that thread but I can't believe this guy continues to defend every little thing RoFo does.

On the contrary - Dale is sharp and to-the-point. As soon as Ford Campaign Media Bootlicker Joe Wa/ormington meekly and weakly taunts Dale, Dale neatly skewers Joe twice ("This is what journalists do, Joe", "Joe, do you know more than you're letting on, or are you really that thick?"), and then manages a non-committal-yet-cordial-enough acknowledgement of shared experience and the bigger picture.

In the interests of being sporting, however, it is necessary to make it clear that using Twitter to tweak the noses of Warmington and the charm void that is Sue-Ann Levy is so trivial as to hardly be worth the time. They're just that awful at what they claim to do. Having said that, I do understand why they still have jobs...

...but then again, I also understand why some high-volume food-service corporations churn out products which exist on the very edge of what the law considers fit for consumption by humans as food.

Regrettably yet - apparently - necessarily there's a market for that sort of thing.

Last edited:
The city beat reporters just spent their evenings chasing down two rumours that don't appear to have panned out:

2. Rob was going to take his kids and hole up at an airport hotel, on the pretense that TPS wouldn't arrest him if he was hiding out with his family (see - nobody's a better dad than him)

Apparently the intel was coming in from multiple unconnected sources and included some very specific details. Of course the media gets these kind of tips every day, most of which are wrong/false. What's interesting here is that the press clearly believes an arrest is imminent and are jockeying for the scoop. Interesting times.

Of course this begs the question...turn himself in to face what charges? Bieber turned himself in on a filed charge, for example. In this hypothetical, Ford is rolling up and copping to a charge he hasn't been charged with? "Hey guys, I wanted to get this over with but, yeah, I told Lisi to get the video and do what he needed to do."??

the hotel story doesn't make sense either. With a re-election campaign going on he goes and and hides out in a hotel? Sounds more like wishful thinking from people who think Crazy Town has somehow amped up the pressure on him than something logical....

But it is time to get excited, yes? Maybe sometime next week? This month? This year? At least within our life time?
It feels like Christmas eve.....trying to wait up for Santa to hurry up and make the drop already.

Doug Ford started with this:

“You know what’s ironic? I spoke to some folks in the gay community, and they said they weren’t going because they didn’t like the idea of men running — you know, middle-aged men, with pot bellies, running down the street buck naked. And they didn’t feel comfortable that they could bring their kids there.”

He then went straight into bringing his own children down there: “I was down there, I brought my kids down there and I wouldn’t bring my kids back when there is buck naked men running down the street,” Ford said. He let it hang in just the right way so that one could easily - but erroneously - infer that his children were victimized by the sight of naked men at Pride (as Daniel Dale did).

But, like all Ford lies, the story changed yet again later on Newstalk 1010 when he said: "And my girls told me straight out, Dad, I don't want to see some middle aged man running buck naked down the street."

Ah. So at no point did any Ford child see any middle-aged fat men running naked on Yonge St., they were apparently just grossed out by the thought of it. But somehow the former is the impression he managed to get published. Amazing.

Even more amazing is the Ford ability to shift any story just enough that it's no longer about the real issue (e.g., Rob's homophobia), it's about something else - in this case, the annual inability of gay men to keep their clothes on in front of children. Unbelievable.

I missed the Newstalk 1010 bit, but it's much nicer to read your summary than it is to hear Doug's voice. Believe me when I say that this is setting the bar re-he-heally low, but I find Rob easier to tolerate in small does. Just an image of Doug Ford is enough to provoke a strong negative physical response in me. My best guess is that it is my mind attempting to adjust to a reality which has Doug Ford in it and on all the media all of the time, saying Doug Ford things and being Doug Ford.

I'd love to make a compilation video of the 50 most inane Doug moments, but I can't face the thought of looking at hours of Doug's face. On those occasionans where I am unlucky enough to be presented with an unmistakable image of Douglas Bruce Ford Jr., my mind serves up the same foul thought, and it is this: Doug Ford almost always looks as though he has just followed through on a fart, but is desperately attempting to steer the situation towards a different reality where he hasn't crapped his pants a bit.

I'm [almost] sorry to inflict this upon you all, but after several years of following the criminal and misanthropic behaviour of this loud and loathsome troop of Fords, I am still in shock that we tolerate this strange and terrible gonzo government-gone-wrong from our elected representatives.

Bring on the charges! It's winter, so if Rob doesn't turn himself in voluntarily, those handcuffs are going to be really cold at the end of the world's worst car chase...

Last edited:
Anyone with a tv watch The Daily Show? How'd it go?

Lots of laughter in disbelief. The interview shown was condensed, so the full one will be online at some point.

My copy of the book arrived today. I'm not sure I have enough alcohol in the house to start reading it yet.

Frod Nayshun don't watch anything originally aired on Commie Central.

What does Frod Nayshun think of Commie Central?

What's the over/under on Doug putting a hit on Rob in prison when the reality sinks in that he and his family are finished politically?

Reason being, Rob 'robbed' Doug of his political career with Rob's inability to keep the 'diet coke drinking' relegated to the basement.
Doug had to sacrifice his ambitions early on to run the family biz, 'cuz Robbie was too dumb, and Randy too messed up.
And then, when Doug was finally in place to jump to the provincial stage, Rob had to go and get arrested for political corruption (hopefully!)
Doug gets arrested too, having been swept up in care taking for Rob.
He see his life spiraling down the drain, and starts to blame his younger brother.....

If not reality, it would make a good post script on this saga. Possibly sequel?;)

Frod Nayshun don't watch anything originally aired on Commie Central.

What does Frod Nayshun think of Commie Central?

Are you asking satirically, in the vein of Mayor Frod?
Or rhetorically?
Anyway who cares if they watch it or not? They don't read books either, so the interview would have been irrelevant to them.

Lots of laughter in disbelief. The interview shown was condensed, so the full one will be online at some point.

My copy of the book arrived today. I'm not sure I have enough alcohol in the house to start reading it yet.

Ok cool. Thanks. I guess I was trying to gauge if it was another embarrassment for Toronto, or because someone from here RD was in charge of the message, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe we are starting to get ahead of the RF scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back