News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or is the opportunity for RoFo to have a meltdown in Ottawa really well timed for these reports?

Mary Vallis ‏@maryvallis 2m
Full story on Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair's comments re: Ford and Lisi coming soon on http://thestar.com courtesy of @jpags

I'm also loving that Norm Kelly stayed at home and gets to deliver the message re: Ice storm funding, without RoFo taking initial credit for this. (Although I'm sure he'll try to take credit afterwards).

Who knows but I'm pretty sure that the tone Lisi is setting will basically give Blair a "get out of jail free" card on the complaint when they draw the conclusion that the Bros. Ford are continually conspiring and colluding with Lisi - End Game could be very close at hand...

It also establishes that the Ford brothers and Lisi are somehow conspiring to bring the Chief down. Why else would Lisi know this? That can't be good for the Fords.

Last edited:
This sounds pretty combative. Would it suggest that Lisi isn't cooperating with the police?

Unless it's some sort of elaborate ruse to obscure his cooperation with police from the Fords, it looks like Lisi has an adversarial relationship with Brazen 2 investigators.

That's a slippery slope, and frankly not very true. The average person is not a moron. Most are reasoned and intelligent. It is personal biases and upbringing that created who we are, and what political choices me make.

Saying the average person is a moron creates a delineation of superiority. "We're smarter than everyone else" is the type of thinking that drives dictatorships and genocides, if enough people believe it to be true.

For every die-hard Neill Flagg, there are a hundred reasoned people who support Ford. Not because they're morons, but because his past "constituency work" swayed their opinion, or maybe they just don't know enough of the facts, or maybe they just support the man out of spite of the pretentiousness of comments like yours.

I am no Ford supporter. I hate the man with the heat of a thousand exploding stars. And even I make fun of dumb comments made by the die-hards. But damn, stating "the average person is a moron" is so far removed from reality (and compassion, and reason) that even I cringed at the blatant ignorance of it.

Nope.

"I know that. Some people don't want you to mention certain things. Some people don't want you to say this, some people don't want you to say that. Some people think if you mention some things they might happen. Some people are really fucking stupid. Did you ever notice that, how many stupid people you run into during the day? Goddamn there's a lot of stupid bastards walking around. Carry a pad and pencil with you, you'll wind up with thirty or forty names by the end of the day. Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."

George Carlin

For every die-hard Neill Flagg, there are a hundred reasoned people who support Ford. Not because they're morons, but because his past "constituency work" swayed their opinion, or maybe they just don't know enough of the facts, or maybe they just support the man out of spite of the pretentiousness of comments like yours.
If they are supporting Ford because they don't know the facts (how could you support him knowing them?), or they are supporting them out of spite, then sorry, they aren't reasoned people.

Unless it's some sort of elaborate ruse to obscure his cooperation with police from the Fords, it looks like Lisi has an adversarial relationship with Brazen 2 investigators.

FYI. @jpags says the "get it this weekend" comment is from when Lisi was in custody after his arrest. It's an old comment. I don't think it has any bearing on what kind of relationship he does or does not have with TPS today.

I'm also loving that Norm Kelly stayed at home and gets to deliver the message re: Ice storm funding, without RoFo taking initial credit for this. (Although I'm sure he'll try to take credit afterwards).

It certainly puts a lie to Rob's new talking point, that he "lead the charge" on the ice storm. All the wonderful press conference updates don't add up to much when someone else made the actual deal for compensation money. But good luck with that. 15% or so of the population still believe you, Rob!

I don't get how Lisi was referring to an upcoming complaint, when the comment that motivated the complaint had yet to occur....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back