News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how Lisi was referring to an upcoming complaint, when the comment that motivated the complaint had yet to occur....

The other context of Blair's comment about being "disappointed" - it came on the heels of Lisi's projecting a veiled threat against the Chief... was the Chief pushing back a little on a threat to himself as Chief of the Police (and a threat against the TPS itself)?

So... what is really the story here?

Is Doug in their (the TPS) sights as well?

I don't get how Lisi was referring to an upcoming complaint, when the comment that motivated the complaint had yet to occur....

Might have to do with the fishing trip, as in the Fords were planing to complain about that for whatever petty reason, or maybe it was just Lisi trying to play like he's tough connected guy. Or maybe he was referring to something else altogether that was called off due to the media attention or because it was something very poorly planned by the most bumbling idiots ever to walk in City Hall.

Why would Lisi mention a specific time that Blair would get his. Did he have something planned? You'd think if it was just a vague, baseless threat he would just say "you're gonna get yours!" but to include a time is rather concerning. Maybe it was referring to something Rob and Doug would be saying on their radio show?

Or it could just mean that everything out of the Fords' mouths are lies.

TPS was spying on the Fords, and that could be their grievance. They could have been planning something against Blair and he pre-empted it by revealing the crack video info. (All the while simultaneously pre-empting the release of the ito as well. )

Or it could just mean that everything out of the Fords' mouths are lies.

TPS was spying on the Fords, and that could be their grievance. They could have been planning something against Blair and he pre-empted it by revealing the crack video info. (All the while simultaneously pre-empting the release of the ito as well. )

Perhaps the coverage now "that the Fords are openly threatening the Police Service" is what Blair wanted exposed but couldn't. Now that there is a complaint against him he can use the context of the threat as a reason he had to pre-preemptively defend himself...

Why would Lisi mention a specific time that Blair would get his. Did he have something planned? You'd think if it was just a vague, baseless threat he would just say "you're gonna get yours!" but to include a time is rather concerning. Maybe it was referring to something Rob and Doug would be saying on their radio show?

Lisi seems like the type that would posture quite hard. Him alluding to a time-frame really just makes him think that he looks like he is privy to some sort of inside information the investigators aren't. I wouldn't assume it means anything really, other than just saying things.

Homer: You know, one day honest citizens are gonna to stand up to you crooked cops.

Wiggum: They are? Oh no. Have they set a date?

Daniel Dale has totally stepped up his game. He has become more strategic in approach and more pointed in his comments while avoiding stooping to the Fords' level of thugnacity. He is a man on a mission, and I think/hope this mission will benefit our city as much as it benefits his career!

He is one of Toronto's shining lights. I am really impressed with the way he handles things, first with the lawsuit and now with his questioning. He's firm but he's always polite and seems like a nice person to boot. Don Peat is also stepping it up and is a stark contrast to Warmington.

That's a slippery slope, and frankly not very true. The average person is not a moron. Most are reasoned and intelligent. It is personal biases and upbringing that created who we are, and what political choices me make.

Saying the average person is a moron creates a delineation of superiority. "We're smarter than everyone else" is the type of thinking that drives dictatorships and genocides, if enough people believe it to be true.

For every die-hard Neill Flagg, there are a hundred reasoned people who support Ford. Not because they're morons, but because his past "constituency work" swayed their opinion, or maybe they just don't know enough of the facts, or maybe they just support the man out of spite of the pretentiousness of comments like yours.

I am no Ford supporter. I hate the man with the heat of a thousand exploding stars. And even I make fun of dumb comments made by the die-hards. But damn, stating "the average person is a moron" is so far removed from reality (and compassion, and reason) that even I cringed at the blatant ignorance of it.

No, it might be correct to say "most are reasoned and intelligent some of the time", but if you think the average person isn't frequently if not most often irrational and, well, moronic, then I'd question whether you live a sheltered life with only limited association with people who aren't like-minded.

43% of the US adult population flat out doesn't believe in evolution for crying out loud. 42% of Canadians believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed on earth. All of those people are straight up MORONS. Are you really trying to seriously argue that anyone with those views could possibly be "reasoned and intelligent"? It's not just ignorance - this is knowledge so basic that any intelligent person couldn't possibly avoid acquiring it. There's no better descriptor for these people. They're stupid.

When you look at sad statistics like those, it hardly seems like a stretch that Ford would continue to enjoy support by 30% or 40% of voters or whatever. It's mind boggling and surreal but shocking number of people truly are absolute idiots and Toronto just like most places is full of them. They're everywhere, lurking all around us in the woodwork; there usually aren't any visual indicators, so intelligent people rarely notice them, and we certainly don't want to believe they exist in any significant quantity let alone admit that they may even outnumber us.

I'm also loving that Norm Kelly stayed at home and gets to deliver the message re: Ice storm funding, without RoFo taking initial credit for this. (Although I'm sure he'll try to take credit afterwards).

Me too! I can just picture he and Wynne figuring out when they are going to make the announcement, then finding out robo was going to go to Ottawa on February 26th. They then look at each other and huge smiles spread over their faces and the announcment is secretly scheduled!

Also consider the threat came from someone with a history of violently leaning crimes... I'm sure the Police treat that type of chatter a bit differently - ESPECIALLY if it is targeted towards the Chief.

For those keeping score on Warmington, his post about how many mayors are paying there [sic] own way to Ottawa has been online for four+ hours. It's got FIVE retweets and THREE favourites. There are 5 responses and they are all slamming him.

This, Joe, is a good time to look in the mirror and just ask yourself, "WTF?" Unless he's actually on the Ford payroll, it can't be worth it to sell his soul like this. He knows the dude is rich, he knows that governments and businesses always pay employees to attend conferences and, FWIW, I suppose he couldn't anticipate that Rob would DITCH the conference but the total lack of support should be some kind of clue he's just paddling further and further away from shore every time he sits down at the keyboard.

As for this Blair thing - I'm not entirely clear who is making the connection that Lisi was referring to this specific complaint...seems a weird threat to make. "You coppers think you're so smart but you've got nothing! And tell your chief that the mayor's brother (not that I really know him at all) will be filing a LEGAL COMPLAINT against him! Do your worst!" Clearly it's meant to be some kind of threat (and one that apparently didn't happen that weekend?) but I don't entirely see how these pieces go together. You have to think that at this point - between the obvious embarrassment of people asking why Ford wasn't charged, the "cocksucker" thing and Ford just hanging around in general - that Blair doesn't want to leave his post without putting the guy in handcuffs. I suspect it will take a lot of restraint to let Giroux do that gesture to which we all so look forward.

The papers use the most hysterically unflattering photos of Ford with their stories these days :D ... and there are so many to choose from.

Love how RoFo keeps saying he hasn't done illegal drugs in "probably about a year". Cuz he really isn't sure. Also, he thinks the 'probably' will give him an out when he gets caught lying about this too.

Also notice how he claims that he hasn't used "illegal" drugs. Is that because prescription drugs like Oxy, Ritalin, Morphine, Valium, etc. etc. are technically not "illegal"? Of course I think his claim is b.s., in any event.

Lisi warned investigators that a complaint against Blair was coming. I suppose it's possible that his "you're gonna get yours" remark was referring to the complaint and nothing sinister.

They could have been planning something against Blair and he pre-empted it by revealing the crack video info.

This makes sense. It adds credence to the story that the cops have had the video for a lot longer than they have let on. I remember there was credible speculation at the time that the video had been retrieved at a much earlier time than the "several days before" story Blair mentioned in the crack video conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back