News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"@CP24: Mayor Rob Ford's staff now clarify the mayor may go to the Oscars with Jimmy Kimmel, but that the plan is not confirmed."

Ahahahahaha!!! Typical Ford. Assume this is what's happening, tell everyone and then have it not happen. Hubris.

Sue Ann Levy is taking shots at Robyn Doolittle for not being invited to the Oscars. The woman is toxic!

"@CP24: Mayor Rob Ford's staff now clarify the mayor may go to the Oscars with Jimmy Kimmel, but that the plan is not confirmed."

Ahahahahaha!!! Typical Ford. Assume this is what's happening, tell everyone and then have it not happen. Hubris.

Far as I can tell, Kimmel has either massively outsmarted them and is going to make utter fools of them, or risks joining the long list who have reduced this civic horror to a punchline. The scene, like the pictures on Twitter, are just entirely surreal. It's not like the Oscars are some serious, somber event but, really, what reason on earth is there for the incompetent gangster mayor of Toronto to be allowed in? I like Kimmel well enough and it's not like he's one of my comedy heroes but if he just treats this as some joke, having Rob Ford say something funny to Angelina Jolie or whatever, I will be massively disappointed in him.

lax.jpg

One amusing note - Goldsbie tweeted that since Randy is making himself a public figure (and in that idiotic hat, natch), they can "dump everything we have on him."
The mind boggles.

Attachments

• lax.jpg
    lax.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 476
Interesting potential clue in to what Kimmel could possibly be up to?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/27/j...ks-catherine-zeta-jones-joseph-gordon-levitt/

"...Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special, which will feature oodles of celebrities poking fun at themselves/the entertainment industry in some grandly orchestrated comedy bit...What is the theme of Sunday’s gag? The word is mum. But here are three photos to get you guessing. The first (above) seems to put Mr. Hanks on a quest of some sort. (For overhead lighting? To crack a Da Vinci-esque code? Or is this just an elaborate way into another Toddlers & Tiaras spoof? ) The second photo has Ms. Zeta-Jones — no stranger to a song-and-dance routine — dressed up as the Tooth Fairy."

Hmmmmmmm.

I seem to recall Doug Ford saying during their radio show awhile ago that DECO was planning on expanding into California. I suppose that might be the reason why Doug and Randy are there this weekend?

I seem to recall Doug Ford saying during their radio show awhile ago that DECO was planning on expanding into California. I suppose that might be the reason why Doug and Randy are there this weekend?
My guess is that the whole Oscar theme is a ruse to hide some fundraising from "connected people" for Rob's campaign.

Oh. My. God. This is not going to go well for TO. Someone email Kimmel and tell him to be gentle on the electorate.

This is capital douchebaggery, isn't it? I refer to the television appearances, and the Oscar stuff. We're telling the Toronto press to stop being enablers, and these Ford fuckwits then exploit their infamy south of the border. Because they can. It's the Fords, campaigning. I hope the outer 416ers don't buy this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back