News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is capital douchebaggery, isn't it? I refer to the television appearances, and the Oscar stuff. We're telling the Toronto press to stop being enablers, and these Ford fuckwits then exploit their infamy south of the border. Because they can. It's the Fords, campaigning. I hope the outer 416ers don't buy this crap.

Luckily for us politically I think he'll make Ford look like, well, Ford. Won't be good for the city, though.

Oh. My. God. This is not going to go well for TO. Someone email Kimmel and tell him to be gentle on the electorate.

I started feeling physically stressed out when I saw that photo of Kimmel at the airport. A shark's grin. Rob Ford the clueless prey. And the real victims? Everyone who lives in Toronto.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the final product, but I'm really not liking where this is going. I really thought Kimmel was better than this, but this seems like his days hosting "The Man Show" with Adam Carolla.

At this point, I feel like Rob is not too far from where Dirk Diggler was when people started paying him to jerk off in the back of their car. I mean, the man is the mayor of Toronto, have some self respect. And Kimmel is coming across as not much better than those idiots off camera in the various videos who egg Ford on because they know he's going to say something insane.

I'd feel bad for Rob if he weren't such a horrible, horrible human being.

For real?

Joe Warmington ‏@joe_warmington 33m

A lot haters, shamers, shuners up here @jimmykimmel. Imagine getting flak for having on exclusively the guy everybody else wants. #jealousy

I'm not sure what you mean. What does one thing have to do with another? Ford still has lots of supporters. And, it's likely he will be arrested. The two aren't mutually exclusive. We are not "influencing" anything by playing a harmless game on an internet forum. It has no impact on if/when he will be arrested and it has no impact on a vote that is still 7 months away.

I don't know, but it feels like people are just getting ahead of themselves and assuming a given for Ford's arrest and removal from the municipal scene. As much as I would also like that to happen, I think that as of now nothing is certain, and things that appear a certain way may not actually be that way in reality. Hindsight is 20/20, but predictions are rarely completely assumed.

I just don't want people to be disappointed like the conflict-of-interest ruling last time.

I'll take October 30.

I can't see him being arrested during the election for the current charges. It would simply lead to complaints that the police were trying to interfere in the election.

So they'd take a chance on the possibility arresting him three days after he gets re-elected? A possibility that is significantly more likely if he is not arrested before the election. That makes no sense.

‏@KatieSimpson24 said:
Mayor Ford's press secretary tells me "he doesn't know if the Mayor is attending the Oscars". Says it is "out of his hands".

Yeah, so not attending the oscars. I hope Kimmel goads him into trying to crash the oscars.

I'll take October 30.

I can't see him being arrested during the election for the current charges. It would simply lead to complaints that the police were trying to interfere in the election.

I think it will happen well before then and I don't think they'd wait for a specific date.

Ideally, the cops storm Deco tomorrow with all the Fords in LA (a girl can dream, can't she?) which forces them all to rush back to Toronto, all caught on film by Jimmy Kimmel's show, then they are met at Pearson by Blair and Giroux. Doolittle, Dale, Donovan and Praskow are given the handcuffs and are allowed to do the honours, while Warmington and Levy scream and cry about the unfairness of it all which leads to obstruction of justice charges against them.

I don't know, but it feels like people are just getting ahead of themselves and assuming a given for Ford's arrest and removal from the municipal scene. As much as I would also like that to happen, I think that as of now nothing is certain, and things that appear a certain way may not actually be that way in reality. Hindsight is 20/20, but predictions are rarely completely assumed.

I just don't want people to be disappointed like the conflict-of-interest ruling last time.

Uh.... We've become pretty accustomed to being disappointed during this whole thing, having a little fun with an arrest date pool isn't setting up anyone for more disappointment then we've already experienced.

I think it will happen well before then and I don't think they'd wait for a specific date.

Ideally, the cops storm Deco tomorrow with all the Fords in LA (a girl can dream, can't she?) which forces them all to rush back to Toronto, all caught on film by Jimmy Kimmel's show, then they are met at Pearson by Blair and Giroux. Doolittle, Dale, Donovan and Praskow are given the handcuffs and are allowed to do the honours, while Warmington and Levy scream and cry about the unfairness of it all which leads to obstruction of justice charges against them.
Fast forward to the guilty verdict in court with Ford saying "will you wait for me?" to Warmington as he's led out in cuffs. "Of course, I will. Anything for you." he replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back