8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Coun. Ford said the mayor is promoting the fact that Toronto is considered "Hollywood North."

And the crack capital of Canada...

And with that he's going to either write off any expenses for this trip as a business-building delegation, and/or spin the hell out of it into one more thing he's doing for the city.

Deliver me.

Doug just told CP24 Rob is NOT attending the Oscars. Just like when David Blaine left out the back door.

We can also thank ( once again ) Joe W.

"Mayor Rob Ford is going to the Oscars..." by Joe W.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/01/mayor-rob-ford-is-going-to-the-oscars--jimmy-kimmel-too

"And no doubt he’ll be hobnobbing Sunday with celebrities on the red carpet at the Academy Awards.

“I am going to the Oscars. It’s going to be fun,” Ford told the Toronto Sun as he boarded a plane Saturday heading for Los Angeles."

Last edited:
"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
Dirk Diggler

Just had to give you credit for sharing that truly awesome quote.

The Ford brothers are famewhores, IMHO. Not that we don't know that already.

I am not sure if they are laughing at us more for supporting the Provincial Liberals or supporting Ford - but they are laughing. And since support for the Liberals is twice as high as the support for Ford, I would say support for the former gets more laughter (or maybe anger) than support for the latter.

As an American, I can assure you that Americans are laughing their asses off at your buffoonish crackhead mayor and 99.9% of us couldn't tell you squat about your provincial government.

CP24 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Coun. Ford said the mayor is promoting the fact that Toronto is considered "Hollywood North."

Promoting to whom? The random Angelinos he's handing out his business card to?

Seems like a preemptive strike against complaints when he ditches work tomorrow for what he himself described as a "#roadtrip".

Did someone really say that people are laughing at us for supporting the Ontario Liberals? When did we get so full of ourselves that we convinced ourselves that people outside of Ontario actually give a damn about Ontario politics?

Ford not going to the Oscars.... shocker..... hubris.

And Randy Ford is somehow part of this "official" delegation to support the Toronto film industry?

I don't think so. Not on this trip. He couldn't bring anything with him going through US Customs and airport security. From the time Rob landed at LAX, Doug won't let anyone near him that he is suspicious of.

That's too bad. I would love to see Rob get charged and convicted of crack or cocaine use in the US.

Some speculation as to who the "surprise guest" may be on Kimmel:
https://twitter.com/TOMayorFrod/status/439905677054468096/photo/1

Maybe a comedian?

marg_delahunty_warriorprincess.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

Did someone really say that people are laughing at us for supporting the Ontario Liberals? When did we get so full of ourselves that we convinced ourselves that people outside of Ontario actually give a damn about Ontario politics?

Ford not going to the Oscars.... shocker..... hubris.

It was people outside Toronto are laughing at "us" - which to me meant people in the rest of Ontario. At some point people here need to ask why Ford still gets support* and not just chatter like a bunch of schoolgirls.

* - And part of the reason is that its a reaction to other incompetent and corrupt politicians on the other side of the political spectrum who are not punished by their supporters.

I'm not familiar with Kimmel. But, I've never seen a talk show host insult a guest to their face.

I've seen Letterman do it, but in general you're probably right.
I would have preferred to see Stephen Colbert interview him. He wouldn't have insulted him to his face directly, but he would have mocked and ridiculed Ford in a way that went way over his head. Imagine Colbert ripping into Ford with his knowing smile, Ford looking back at him smiling nervously, not having a clue what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back