News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over at the official Ford election website they've been through and tidied up some of the more glaring mistakes pointed out last night here and on twitter, although there are still a lot of missing spaces and odd punctuation and it's still pretty thick with male bovine excrement.

Last night, I went back in the thread and read from the Sarah Thomson groping incident til the Gawker crack post, and it reminded me that a while back, someone asked how we all came to the thread. I had been a longtime Ford detractor, and part of me was waiting for him to implode, but I never imagined that it would happen to this magnitude. I first saw mention of the Gawker story on Twitter a minute or two after it was posted - it was actually Kelly Oxford who tweeted about it first. My daughter and I spent the rest of the night going to various websites, following #topoli and refreshing. It was either that night or the next that we found this thread,via a link from Twitter, and you guys have kept me endlessly informed and entertained ever since. I think it was not being able to see attachments that finally prompted me to register 6 months later. But yeah, this thread has pretty much been my Rob Ford crack bible ever since that first night.

It is quite sickening. I'm not that familiar with Kimmel - I'm barely aware that ABC has late night shows up against CBS or NBC. I can only assume that Jimmy Kimmel is a horrible human being, playing games like this with a crack-smoking wife-beating bigot.

Looks like his show airs on City TV here in Toronto. Does that mean City has to give the other mayoral candidates equal time?

I fear that's just wishful thinking.

It does sort of feel like it's just a step or two above bum fights or something.

I honestly can't understand how Rob doesn't understand that everyone is laughing at him, not with him. Maybe he does, on some level.

"Who's running Toronto right now?" I mean come on. Imagine being in that situation. How would you even get yourself in that situation? How the hell is he this oblivious?

Jimmy has mocked Ford terribly, he's probably been one of the worst in his mocking. Those parody videos present Ford as a crack addled, klutzy slob. I'm confused here, because Kimmel has gotten a lot of material out of Ford, and I don't see him giving that up. He might play nice for this, but he will still continue to mock Ford. And with talk show hosts, they may not outright insult their guests, but they will use facial expressions to convey what they think about what their guests are saying. Ford's one of those zoo exhibit type of guests, they kind you prance out to react to, that's it.

It does sort of feel like it's just a step or two above bum fights or something.

As I mentioned yesterday, it feels (maybe) a step or two above about 20 minutes before the end of "Boogie Nights" when that guy paid Dirk Diggler to watch him jerk off in the back of his car. It's really very sad.

As I mentioned yesterday, it feels (maybe) a step or two above about 20 minutes before the end of "Boogie Nights" when that guy paid Dirk Diggler to watch him jerk off in the back of his car. It's really very sad.

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
Dirk Diggler

I want to know if there is a way to formally complain about misuse of staff time.

Good luck getting a straight answer. Likely be the same as asking how many hours per week he has a chauffeur available.

Last edited:
A bit mean spirited of me, but the thought did occur -- if a spectacular crisis happened right now, in T.O., the Ford bros would be so very exposed. You know, "off, partying, while the world we know leaves its orbit". I kind of wish something like that would happen right now, with no loss of life of course. It would make these guys look sooooo bad to their supporters.

Another thing occurred to me. Joan Rivers (known for her red carpet comments) could have a field day with that blue shirt Fraud always wears. Oh I ought to shut up … I should not give Fraud any fashion advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back