News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the discussion about the media, I don't object to Ford being covered as a politician. I object strongly to him being covered as a celebrity. The whole bobblehead business was dreadful. And this weekend is another great example.

I wish the media (read: CP24) would ask obvious questions such as: "Who exactly will you be meeting with to promote Toronto as a film centre?". Instead, they just parrot out whatever Rob or Doug tell them.

And I think the Fords go out of their way to create drama. The Bills game, the Argos game, the ice storm, the bobbleheads, etc. They can't even go away for the weekend without causing a ruckus over what has turned out to be nothing. I think they thrive on the attention, which puts us the the dilemma of either reacting to their transgressions or childish behaviour or giving them the attention they crave.

I very much wish a trained psychologist would provide a diagnosis of these clowns. My non-professional opinion is that Doug is a sociopath, but I still can't pin Rob down.

*sigh. It was all so much bigger in my imagination.

Hold on. I know we all hoped for something bigger but how "not big enough" is this?

Does anyone on this board know what the charges relating to extortion could include and what penalties are possible and/or probable?

Most importantly, does it include jail time?

To the discussion about the media, I don't object to Ford being covered as a politician. I object strongly to him being covered as a celebrity. The whole bobblehead business was dreadful. And this weekend is another great example.

I wish the media (read: CP24) would ask obvious questions such as: "Who exactly will you be meeting with to promote Toronto as a film centre?". Instead, they just parrot out whatever Rob or Doug tell them.

And I think the Fords go out of their way to create drama. The Bills game, the Argos game, the ice storm, the bobbleheads, etc. They can't even go away for the weekend without causing a ruckus over what has turned out to be nothing. I think they thrive on the attention, which puts us the the dilemma of either reacting to their transgressions or childish behaviour or giving them the attention they crave.

I very much wish a trained psychologist would provide a diagnosis of these clowns. My non-professional opinion is that Doug is a sociopath, but I still can't pin Rob down.

Exactly, the narrative has been that despite all these distractions, the city is business as usual. The refrain from his supporters has been " well at least he isn't stealing MY money"
The media needs to reinforce why he is dangerous, what he has done that makes him dangerous and that he has stolen their money , just not in "obvious ways" . The Porter air deal, the connections behind closed doors, the use of staff for personal business, the disregard for protocol, ....

Hold on. I know we all hoped for something bigger but how "not big enough" is this?

Does anyone on this board know what the charges relating to extortion could include and what penalties are possible and/or probable?

Most importantly, does it include jail time?

I believe it has a maximum *life* sentence. But no minimum sentence unless a firearm is involved.

I don't think Ford will get a custodial sentence if he is charged and convicted, to be honest.

http://www.robfordformayor.net/ seems to be available. It would be fun if someone who knew more than I do would buy it and make a similar site which lists all the bad things he's done.

Apologies if someone already mentioned it... I'd like someone to get robfordformermayor.com and refute him point for point.
Add in/replace pics of him "stuping" around, and viola!

Apologies if someone already mentioned it... I'd like someone to get robfordformermayor.com and refute him point for point.

Alright, I've bought the domain. Now I just need the content. I'm not eloquent or knowledgeable enough to refute him point by point, someone else will have to do that. Get me the content and we'll make this happen.

Unless he's Chelsea Handler or Arsenio Hall.
I'm not aware of either of these guys being on the ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox networks. I did catch Arsenio a few weeks ago while flipping channels, but I thought it was syndicated ... though I did watch it back when it came on in the late 1980s ... but I don't think it was network even back then.

As far as I know, the network late night shows have been very white and very male since Joan Rivers stopped doing the Tonight Show - at least I think she has ... I haven't seen her hosting for a long time.

But why not? Now THIS would be a major letdown!

He didn't physically do anything himself, he doesn't have a criminal record in Canada, plus he's an elected official and can afford a fancy lawyer.

Even in the worst case, he's done nothing to tick the boxes that would aggravate the charge.

I think Mayor Jeebus got it today. Can't believe that Ford's people didn't grab it, bunch of dummies.

Johnny B ‏@MayorJeebus 7 hrs
I’ve picked up the domain http://robfrodformayor.com
This will be fun.
#topoli

6:58 am - 2 Mar 2014 · Detail

Last edited:
I'm not aware of either of these guys being on the ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox networks.

Chelsea Handler is a woman and hosts Chelsea Lately on E! Channel. I think its on at 11:00 p.m. Red Carpet for the Oscars starting soon! PLEASE don't let Rob Ford be anywhere near it. PLEASE.

He didn't physically do anything himself, he doesn't have a criminal record in Canada, plus he's an elected official and can afford a fancy lawyer.

Even in the worst case, he's done nothing to tick the boxes that would aggravate the charge.

Damn!!

So if this is all the police has, then he will still be mayor in name until Oct and we all wait for election results.

I, and probably most on this board, expected so much more. Very disappointed if true.

Did someone really say that people are laughing at us for supporting the Ontario Liberals? When did we get so full of ourselves that we convinced ourselves that people outside of Ontario actually give a damn about Ontario politics?

Ford not going to the Oscars.... shocker..... hubris.
'
Just goes to show how weak the "everyone lies" or "the wynne liberals are corrupt too" false-equivalencies tend to be. Ford synchophants truly seem to relish the negative attention Ford garners outside of the city. They're either intent to see the city hurt, or too stupid to get that the reputation that your city's Mayor is a gangster-honeybooboo will not benefit the city.

One more sighting of the Great White Ford:

http://instagram.com/p/lC_5XFsZ1-/

skeeryjones
54 minutes ago · Mondrian Hotel
And here's the kicker...he voluntarily reaches into his wallet and hands me his business card! #Toronto #Mayor #RobFord He's campaigning all over #Hollywood

Having stayed at the Mondrian, it is very nice. It would have been more 'fish out of water' if he was lodged at The Standard though. Would have pegged him for more of A Sunset Marquis man (Though a real man o' the people would be handing out his cards at the Comfort Inn.)

He's just down the road from the Hustler Superstore, The Viper Room (if it's still there, a Fatburger and Mel's, that diner thing that's been in so many movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back