News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could one reason why the OPP are stepping in be that the TPS have uncovered connections with the mafia living outside of the city and it's outside of their jurisdiction?

I'm betting it's what has been mentioned already about neutralizing the Ford allegation of a police led conspiracy. But, based on some second hand rumours I heard earlier this week about the OPP being involved in the investigation already, I'm not closing the possibility that the charges against the mayor may be more serious than extortion alone.

as TPS has noted on Twitter - the investigation is not being handed to OPP, the Chief has asked them to Oversee the investigation. This takes the pressure off the chief re bias.

What's in that ITO to necessitate a transfer to the OPP NOW?! Is this going to involve "connections" to local police.......

Doubt it very much. The investigation isn't being transferred; the OPP is being asked to take on an oversight role. This is about making sure that Brazen II has been/is being conducted with integrity.

As someone who has lived in the Ford Brothers' Toronto, I can tell you this: those little bastards are tough, and require immediate, comprehensive, overwhelming treatment. Not mention expensive.

Beautiful. Along with the earlier "patheTTC" bit, a much appreciated dose of wit in an increasingly depressing story.

I liked this comment from Keenan

Tweets
Edward Keenan ‏@thekeenanwire 59s
So the question: is OPP oversight at this stage equivalent to proofreading the final project before handing it in?
E

Not so sure the OPP oversight is a good thing. How quickly have we all forgotten that Julian Fantino ruled that agency with an iron fist. Doug Ford wants us to connect the dots - it isn't hard to connect the dots from the OPP Commissioners office to the PMO and right back to the Fords.

Is there any indication that Doug will be implicated in all of this too? I would hate to have the situation where Rob backs out so Doug can run in his place.

Could one reason why the OPP are stepping in be that the TPS have uncovered connections with the mafia living outside of the city and it's outside of their jurisdiction?

Ndrangheta, etc......
Makes you wonder.

In the 'murderous rant/drug deal' video RoFo is adamant about RandyFo carrying the "purse".
Randy is the big deal at Deco. Probably DoFo benefits from Deco profits as well, i guess.

Just trying to "connect the dots".

Not so sure the OPP oversight is a good thing. How quickly have we all forgotten that Julian Fantino ruled that agency with an iron fist. Doug Ford wants us to connect the dots - it isn't hard to connect the dots from the OPP Commissioners office to the PMO and right back to the Fords.

I think the Libs appointed this commissioner as well as his replacement who takes over at the end of the month.

I'm betting it's what has been mentioned already about neutralizing the Ford allegation of a police led conspiracy. But, based on some second hand rumours I heard earlier this week about the OPP being involved in the investigation already, I'm not closing the possibility that the charges against the mayor may be more serious than extortion alone.
I find it interesting that Blair mentions Brazen arose from Traveler which investigated "organized crime, violence, guns and drugs". Why give that detail when the OPP commish would surely know about it? Seems like Blair was putting it in there for the public press release, to remind us of possible charges....
Or it could be wishful thinking. :) But interesting none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back