News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to admit it, but it would be a stroke of diabolical genius if the Fords turned their campaign into a reality show. It would definitely get ratings, maybe even pay for a good chunk (or more) of the campaign.

I can see it happening. It has all the ingredients. What's the old show biz motto? “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” I don't see why it would not apply to the Canadian public as well.

Last edited:
I know it's been stated ad infinitum but I still can't wrap my head around the cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy and mental gymnastics required by Ford Nation to defend and justify the oaf. This is just one example but it is absolutely stupefying:

https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe/posts/507226189386954
well there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back ...

Cult of personality pretty much sums it up, although why Ford's personality is even remotely attractive to anyone who has paid attention over the past 10+ years baffles me. But I guess that's the answer, these people don't pay attention.

So the various reporters and police aren't people? And FORD ADMITTED IT?!?!

Well, you see, the reporters said things like "appeared to be" and so on. And Ford has admitted smoking crack, but hasn't admitted being in that video smoking crack. Or something like that. Oh, and Gawker isn't credible because it's a blog and not a newspaper. Because apparently blogs are simply not credible. Ever.

Sun News knew what they were doing: big ratings on day one, but no follow up after everyone sees how dull it all is.

Disagree. I think they were shocked at how difficult & costly it was to produce anything even semi-coherent containing the Fords. That just goes to show how badly they didn't know what they were getting into.

Maybe if either had had someone to go out and talk to people before they threw up a highway, we wouldn't have needed Jane Jacobs, then.

Chairman Gardiner visited Robert Moses for several days in NYC shortly after taking over Metro:

"The thing that impressed me about Moses was the first question he asked me was, 'What the hell are you going to do about that mess up there now that you're in charge of it?' I had to think fast, but I knew what to say. I said I was going to be like Stalin. I'd have a five or ten-year plan and I'd lay out exactly what I had and how I was going to spend it and I'd know exactly where the money was going.
His only comment was, 'Never mind those high-minded advisors. Keep your staff small. Don't let them boss you around. Hire them when you want them and fire them when you want. Make them work for you, and not the other way around.'
He didn't have to convince me. That was how I intended to proceed. I was going to run my own show. That's why they called me the bulldozer."

For better or worse, Toronto has certainly changed since then!

Very much against my better judgement, I started browsing that page and its followers and ... I think I may have found mouth-foaming Twitter troll @ejb___:

https://www.facebook.com/<speculation>

Polish lady, lots of animal photos and 'inspirational' quotes, loves Ford, hates Trudeau ... seems to add up.

Mmm. As bitter & horrible as @ejb___ undoubtedly is, she's not really a public figure, so I'm not sure whether or not it's necessarily a good thing to be speculating about her real-life identity here. Still, I'm not a mod, so up to you. I'm not doubting your analysis, mind you; you're probably right. Any discussion of Ford on Twitter stands about a one in five chance of being attacked by either this sorry specimen or the even more pathetic Sattva Namaste, who I confidently expect resembles the Fordites he so admires... in that I assume he also lives in his Mom's basement.

Whether or not that's really her, my question is this: what the hell is wrong with @ejb___'s keyboard? I'd have to spend hours finding all those stupid symbols in charmap; in any case, I reserve my 140 characters for, y'know, information or weak attempts at being funny.

Break down her tweets and it's something like 38% foaming invective, 61% weird symbols which serve no apparent informational purpose and 1% animal stuff.

Not that I'm not enjoying this little forays, but between the history lessons, arguments over derailment and unmasking of Twitter harpies, I think we need some more Ford news to get this [gravy] train moving in the right direction again.

Anyone know what Mayor Genius is up to this afternoon? Any sign of Doug?

Edit: so according to Peat & Strashin, Rob is at City Hall actually in his office within the last hour; Gene Jones is/was with him.

Last edited:
Very much against my better judgement, I started browsing that page and its followers and ... I think I may have found mouth-foaming Twitter troll @ejb___:

https://www.facebook.com/carmenmajda

Polish lady, lots of animal photos and 'inspirational' quotes, loves Ford, hates Trudeau ... seems to add up.

I always thought that was Elena Johnson Basso...but I guess that would be too obvious.

I knew a guy who was generally hyperactive to the point of being anti-social who would get very quiet and "normal" when on cocaine. For him it was almost medicinal.
Hell-o ADHD. I take enough stimulants to give an elephant jitters, and I top it off with cups of espresso, yet if I were any more relaxed, I'd be in a coma. My doctor explains that in my natural state, my brain is trying so hard to compensate for my lack of sufficient dopamine receptors that it triggers an outpouring of adrenaline to compensate. Adrenaline provides a very rocky stimulation, causing the jitters, nerves, etc, typical of ADHD. Dextroamphetamine, on the other hand, provides a more balanced stimulation, so things work smoother, with fewer unwanted effects.

However, over stimulate with dex or any stimulant, and you'll see the jitters and nerves again. Regular folks with a good supply of dopamine receptors seem to go right for the jitters and nerves stage.

Anyone who appears to mellow out on stims, may have a receptor issue. ADHD, Parkinson's, periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD), etc.

https://www.facebook.com/carmenmajda

I'm not sold. She seems too optimistic about other aspects of life to be @ejb. Someone here or on twitter postulated that ejb might stand for elana johnson basso, Ford friend and crack house steward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back