News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Chow is announcing this week when it was reported that she was going to do it next week. Didn't want to compete with the Lisi ITO, perhaps?

So, the right splits and Chow cleans up? Or her campaign dies from a thousand cuts from the rest plus know it all pipsqueak city hall polisci grad media types who've bought into neoliberal bullshit?

I suspect it will be closer to the former than the latter. Certainly the pipsqueaks will try, but I suspect the Chow campaign will be too disciplined to be distracted by one-day stories. If she pulls in mid-to-high 30s, she has got a good chance.

Interesting that Chow is announcing this week when it was reported that she was going to do it next week. Didn't want to compete with the Lisi ITO, perhaps?
It's all over the media now. Makes the announcement rather anti-climactic doesn't it? Really no point in waiting til Thursday now.

If anything, it kills Ford's argument. He claims Blair went after him because he asked him to cut down the police budget. Why hasn't Michael Thompson been framed for heavy drug use yet?

It's all over the media now. Makes the announcement rather anti-climactic doesn't it? Really no point in waiting til Thursday now.

Having worked a few provincial campaigns, I'd assume this is exactly what was intended. Anti-climatic or not, it's taking up news print and air and it's not negative.

Think how many news cycles she has gotten. The rumors + the wrong leaked date + today's leak of a new date + the inevitable "official announcement" article. Her campaign for mayor has been breaking news 4 or 5 times.

The preannouncement announcement has also had the effect of galvanizing potential volunteers and voters. My FB feed is currently hopping up and down in joy.

The preannouncement announcement has also had the effect of galvanizing potential volunteers and voters. My FB feed is currently hopping up and down in joy.

I think her popularity has been largely underestimated. For all her years on Council and then some as an MP she has rarely embarrassed herself or made a mis-step.

For all her years on Council and then some as an MP she has rarely embarrassed herself or made a mis-step.
Coco Cabrera ‏@coco_urnews
Olivia Chow's inability to lie pathologically and lack of experience with hard drugs seen as liabilities in upcoming mayor race.

You know, I kinda loved what Layton and Chow stood for, but never really liked them individually. She seems kinda "meh" to me, and some of the stuff coming out of her book is even more "meh". Of course she may win because she's the anti Ford. I'd like to see another "lefty" in the race. Truth be told, although I'm a "lefty" in the large scheme, I'd like to see a reasonable person in municipal politics, so I'm probably going Tory unless there's another candidate (and there's lots of time).
Why Tory and not Soknacki?

You know, I kinda loved what Layton and Chow stood for, but never really liked them individually. She seems kinda "meh" to me, and some of the stuff coming out of her book is even more "meh". Of course she may win because she's the anti Ford. I'd like to see another "lefty" in the race. Truth be told, although I'm a "lefty" in the large scheme, I'd like to see a reasonable person in municipal politics, so I'm probably going Tory unless there's another candidate (and there's lots of time).

I am confused by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back