News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
...requires a leap. We don't know if they knew about the video, and we don't know if they knew Ford or Lisi. It's all hazy.

Back to it. Gawker breaks the story on May 16. Siad goes into hiding, but Lisi finds him and gets him to delete the files. Five days later Abdi Harun is shot at 17th floor Dixon towers, same day Price tells Towey the video is taken care of. The last person that may have the video at this point is Hanad Mohamed. On May 24th he is arrested by the RCMP in Fort McMurray and brought back to Ontario for a court appearance May 31.

In June, Project Traveller picks up the following people: Siad Mohamed (former business partner of Anthony Smith, was trying to sell video to the media, offered police video for dropping charges, stabbed in jail), Siyandin Abdi (former business partner of Anthony Smith, tried to sell the video to Rob Ford), Mohamed Farah (broker to the media, did a post CBC interview), Abdullahi (Abdi) Harun (given the video by Siad, tries to sell, shot the same day Price tells Towey the video is being taken care of) Liban Siyad (tried to shop the video, in wiretaps ties Elena, Rob and drugs, gets kush for returning Rob`s cell phone), Muhammed Khattak (shot non fatally with Anthony Smith, posed with Ford in the picture), and Monir Kassim (posed with Ford in picture).

At the same time Hanad Mohammed, who claimed at one point to never have met Anthony Smith, pleads guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter in the killing of Smith and receives a light sentence.

Back again soon. Thanks Casita for the reference chart and rightwingSUVdriver, I too am hazy and so making leaps, but everything I said has been said or inferred in one way or another. Thanks for the typo on Hashini.

It would appear a few messages didn't fit the topic. Although the Mods are within their rights, I protest, the topic had everything to do with Robbie and Toronto, and not necessarily just with the election.

Peace.

Found this tonight, don't know where or when. There was no Leafs game tonight, there was one yesterday.

Jared Chen ‏@jaredchen94 55m
First ever selfie with mayor rob ford pic.twitter.com/DAYMgBRw3l
BileT9iCYAARic8.jpg

Would members please take their election discussion to the appropriate UT thread? This thread is to discuss Rod Ford's mayoralty, not Chow's, Stintz's and Tory's candidacy and issues.

Thank you!

Give me a break. Of course they're related to Ford. You allow endless posts about tech crap and policy discussions, but you don't want us to talk about an election that directly relates to Ford's successor?

Do one.

Give me a break. Of course they're related to Ford. You allow endless posts about tech crap and policy discussions, but you don't want us to talk about an election that directly relates to Ford's successor?

Do one.

Indeed. No one put a stop to the pages-long "Was music better in the 60s/70s/80s?" debate either. When literally all Ford does is campaign, I would say the election is highly relevant.

Yet another letter of reference to the court for a criminal pal:
The letter, composed on behalf of Payman Aboodowleh in 2009, confirms Mr. Ford knew of the volunteer coach’s violent history when he invited him to work with high-school athletes. As with his other letters, Mr. Ford’s acclamation of Mr. Aboodowleh was written on official City of Toronto stationery, sparking concern from a veteran Ontario Court judge who questioned whether the then-councillor may have misused his position of authority.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...nce-letter-for-third-convict/article17475173/

Pretty safe to assume 95% of this site will be voting Chow?

Anyone leaning Stinz or Tory?

I would currently vote for Soknacki. But if there's even a ghost of a chance Ford could be re-elected, I will vote for the candidate with the best chance of defeating him, be it Chow, Tory, Stintz, or someone else. I'm just hoping that person is Sox.

Do one.

1. The off topic tangents can be fun but are annoying when they go on way too long
2. At least they mostly happened during slow periods. This is not a slow period
3. The non-Ford election discussion wasn't deleted - it was moved to the election thread
4. Unlike music of the 70s and digital encryption, the election discussion isn't off topic. However, there is also an entire thread dedicated to the subject
5. Since we probably don't want to merge the two threads there will be some overlap
6. Let's try to use common sense and let things slide here, but take it to the other thread when warranted
7. We don't want to toot our own horns, but this is the best forum in the history of the internet, bar none. If you post to the wrong forum my heart bleeds for you, but at the end of the day it's your own fault. Those election-related posters work like dogs - they're taking over the internet. Subforums, subforums, subforums

Found this tonight, don't know where or when. There was no Leafs game tonight, there was one yesterday.

He's wearing a Bills jersey - so it's probably from the game here last year in December

If you want to talk about the election - in which Ford is running - please use the other thread.

At this point, the Rob Ford's Toronto thread is to talk about things like Project Traveler and Project Brazen II, stuff at council and the mayor's office (city government is still going on, at least right now). Let's talk Ford here, let's talk the election over there - but some overlap is okay - just try to keep it in mind.

Have any of them attacked Ford yet?

Seems insane the other candidates have gone after each other and not him. I know it seems shooting fish in a bucket but he is still swimming!

At the risk of perpetuating the election campaign discussion here that belongs in the other thread, I think they may be waiting for something to happen to Ford, either by his own doing or as part of the legal/police process.

I wonder how many of these TCHC buildings and others that he is visiting will be hosting polling stations? If I was a smart candidate I would target buildings I know where there will be lots of people who might just walk by a polling booth and think "well, gee Rob came and visited me I guess I can go vote while I'm waiting for the elevator"...

Ah, the elusive "both elevators are being really slow today" demographic!

(Hey, I think you're right about his reasons for going out there... just amuses me that the Fords thinks "ground game" will carry him over the line in 2014)

My biggest problem with Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto today? That the majority of the media still act as though his voice is the most important. People pay attention to things like today's 24 Hours front page - which framed Chow's candidacy announcement in the context of what Ford thought about it and ran with a huge photo of Hizzoner's delightful visage - even if it's meaningless garbage. As ever, I think his campaign slogan (from the horse's mouth) really ought to be Ford 2014: Not Yet Been Charged With Anything.

In any case, I am still hoping very much that the police are biding their time until March Break is over, as Jimmi T suggested.

A few hopefully on-topic questions:
  • Has there been any word on Brazen II from TPS or OPP since the "oversight" thing?
  • Does anyone think it likely that the outgoing OPP Commissioner's retirement date will affect Brazen II proceedings? (I don't, but I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others)
  • Assuming Ford is charged with conspiracy to extort, where is the trial likely to be? How would they select a jury which didn't have strong feelings and prior knowledge?
I saw Ford in person the other day at City Hall. He looked terrible (especially standing next to Jerry - the physical contrast is so pronounced), but maybe it was just the dreadful lighting in the rotunda (yeah right). People posed for photos with him, and then he left.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these TCHC buildings and others that he is visiting will be hosting polling stations? If I was a smart candidate I would target buildings I know where there will be lots of people who might just walk by a polling booth and think "well, gee Rob came and visited me I guess I can go vote while I'm waiting for the elevator"...The other interesting angle is that he is really only hitting people that are home during the day...stay at home parents, elderly and unemployed (amongst others)...all three of which are demographics that probably like the "stop the gravy train"

I think that's underestimating the degree of motivation and interest in voting, even when the polling station is right there in the building. People don't vote on a spur-of-the-moment decision and people whose lives are busy, chaotic and/or full of distraction tend not to carry their voter registration cards with them or keep them in a safe place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back