News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: Ford math ahead!

ddale8 1:13pm via Twitter for iPhone
Ford says the city is 10 times better than it was three years ago, then amends it to 100 times.

His opinion on Ford's success with the "working class and immigrant" populations of Toronto is that he meets and talks to them (ie. such as these building "inspections"), talks to them as if he's one of the "common folk", in terms they relate with, on issues they relate to (cutting waste, reducing taxes, etc.) and comes across as an "honest, straight shooter" who believes in what they believe in.

I spent several hours this week interviewing people at a homeless shelter in another province about their needs and the best way for the community to support them. At some point, someone commented that politicians really need to come into the shelters and see what it's like there, but also to see the people living there as people, not problems, to broad agreement, and then someone said "we need Rob Ford to come here." I'm sure that it was said at least partly as a joke (they knew I came from Toronto and had already teased me about it, and obviously knew all about Ford's crack use and other behaviours). Still, to me it says something interesting about how he comes across to people, even (maybe especially?) at a distance. No one at that shelter knew about how he described homeless shelters as "an insult" to his community - but they all believed that he would connect with them at a human level.

This. If this was a dud investigation, the TPS would have stopped commenting on it ages ago, and certainly wouldn't have leaked details to the press or made it seem as if it was "on going." It was in the power of the TPS to quash any public perception the mayor may be implicated.

Agreed. They could just have easily said something neutral and facesaving: "All evidence collected by this investigation is shared with the Crown Prosecutor trying the case against Mr. Lisi. He will determine if any further charges are warranted."

They've instead gone out of their way to keep it in the public. Why?
They already have more evidence (through search warrants) than we know; they're on firm ground and want the impatient public (like us!!) to know they're on the ball. Since Ford had his anti-Blair tantrum and Brazen2 was kicked upstairs, both Fords have looked stressed and sounded much more subdued. Keeping pressure on Rob also reduces the likelihood that he will be drunk driving and consorting with criminals thus, in a weird way, keeping it in the public is crime prevention/harm reduction.

Last edited:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Conspiracy

Proof of the Offence
1.identity of accused
2.date and time of incident
3.jurisdiction (incl. region and province)
4.the words communicated in the conspiracy
5.there was an agreement made between the parties
6.the parties had an intention to agree to put a "common design into effect" and did in fact agree
7.the parties did not change their minds or intention to put common design into effect

It's different when it has to come out of your own pocket, I guess. Fords don't even have enough money for a standard campaign launch?

reporterdonpeat 1:14pm via Web
"Want me to throw a big party?" Mayor Rob Ford asks @CP24 reporter RE: campaign launch.

Warning: Ford math ahead!

ddale8 1:13pm via Twitter for iPhone
Ford says the city is 10 times better than it was three years ago, then amends it to 100 times.

The fact the Ford doesn't give a shit made him fairly untouchable in 2010. Those who listened to any 2010 debates may have noted how almost every question he was asked was answered with off-topic hyperbole. And when the moderator pointed out that he didn't answer the question at hand, he would just spew more off-topic, meaningless, unquantifiable hyperbole. Eventually the moderator moved on because of the the time constraints of the debate, which meant he got away with answering nothing but somehow sounding like he is the answer to everything. It's not a strategy, it's just that he literally doesn't care what he says as long as it's boastful.

I spent several hours this week interviewing people at a homeless shelter in another province about their needs and the best way for the community to support them. At some point, someone commented that politicians really need to come into the shelters and see what it's like there, but also to see the people living there as people, not problems, to broad agreement, and then someone said "we need Rob Ford to come here." I'm sure that it was said at least partly as a joke (they knew I came from Toronto and had already teased me about it, and obviously knew all about Ford's crack use and other behaviours). Still, to me it says something interesting about how he comes across to people, even (maybe especially?) at a distance. No one at that shelter knew about how he described homeless shelters as "an insult" to his community - but they all believed that he would connect with them at a human level.

Ford's not going to visit a homeless shelter except under Ralph Kleinian circumstances.

They already have more evidence (through search warrants) than we know; they're on firm ground and want the impatient public (like us!!) to know they're on the ball. Since Ford had his anti-Blair tantrum and Brazen2 was kicked upstairs, both Fords have looked stressed and sounded much more subdued. Keeping pressure on Rob also reduces the likelihood that he will be drunk driving and consorting with criminals thus, in a weird way, keeping it in the public is crime prevention/harm reduction.

Agreed. He`s really trying to keep his nose clean.

He looks spooked. I LIKE IT.

The grey pinstripe shows he is trying to impress someone and promote stability.

Judging by other photos of him, he doesn't appear to ever wear his ring.

I never real noticed. Interesting. Don't the Ford Bros. promote "family values", RoFo likes to trot out Renata and the kids for the photo ops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back