News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically speaking, no. The knights that killed Thomas we're sleep deprived and weren't in their right minds when they killed him at Cantebury. Henry merely asked a rhetorical question.

On thy other hand, Henry did procureth and feed unto his knights the Twinkies.

Why, oh why, do I ask questions sometimes. :)

If the most serious charge is that Ford "tried to cover up" a video of him smoking crack that was taken by a bunch of drug dealers, it's going to turn him into a martyr.

But just stop and think about the implications of that statement for a moment, Animatronic, and just how far the goalposts have been moved here, purely for Rofo's own personal, selfish benefit. That the self-described "Law & Order" crowd who make up his fanbase are willing to let Fat Boy off the hook for this - along with all the other baggage it brings along, needless to say, i.e. fatty being besties with drug dealers, gang members, gun runners, etc. etc. - is rank hypocrisy at its most stomach turning, and it should be rubbed in their faces at every step.

Obstruction of justice is not a minor thing for the Chief Magistrate. Smoking crack occasionally? No problem. But the leader of our city should not be preventing the police from doing their jobs.

IMO, smoking crack while in office should still be a problem. Just because Ford has managed to dig himself into unbelievable depths doesn't mean we should now lower our standards for our elected officials going forward.

It's a little strange that there isn't much talk about this new video on twitter. Is CTV waiting until 6pm to broadcast it? Or maybe the video isn't really anything to shake a stick at.

I've been wondering, too. Could be that CTV is waiting for comment from Rob before running with the story. Or maybe the network is waiting to put the vid on TV first to keep an audience. Or maybe the video isn't conclusive. Still, the lack of chatter is curious.

I've been wondering, too. Could be that CTV is waiting for comment from Rob before running with the story. Or maybe the network is waiting to put the vid on TV first to keep an audience. Or maybe the video isn't conclusive. Still, the lack of chatter is curious.

Oops. CTV just tweeted it will run the vid at 6 p.m.

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 5m

Tonight on @CTVToronto at 6: New video of Rob Ford stumbling, swearing in St. Patty's day beads + Mayor's response pic.twitter.com/UrtJ99lrhG

They are running it at 6:00...
Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 5m
Tonight on @CTVToronto at 6: New video of Rob Ford stumbling, swearing in St. Patty's day beads + Mayor's response pic.twitter.com/UrtJ99lrhG

Nevermind. ;^)

Last edited:
Is the problem that you're getting emailed every time there's a new post to a thread?

Top right corner Settings > Subscriptions and delete the Subscribed threads.

Also go to Forum Actions > General Settings and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe"

Thank you for that. I've been wondering, myself. I checked, and my Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Do Not Subscribe." When I go to the top right settings button, it's not clickable. In fact, the only thing in that area that is clickable is the "Log Out" button. I'm using the newest version of Chrome, so it shouldn't be a browser issue.

One more to add to the vault...

ivortossell 5:19pm via Twitter for iPhone
Incomimg. @NatalieCTV: Tonight on @CTVToronto @ 6: New video of Rob Ford stumbling, swearing in St. Patty's day beads.

Thank you for that. I've been wondering, myself. I checked, and my Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Do Not Subscribe." When I go to the top right settings button, it's not clickable. In fact, the only thing in that area that is clickable is the "Log Out" button. I'm using the newest version of Chrome, so it shouldn't be a browser issue.

I use Firefox, and have the same problem - can't click on any of the top links - unless I disable the AdBlockPlus plugin. Not a huge problem, unless I accidentally get logged out; then it's hard to log back in because there is an ad that mostly covers the login/pw fields.

Finding a more elegant solution is on the list of things I'll get to Real Soon Now(TM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back