News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 is quick and dirty, sensational and doesn't always worry about getting the facts 100% straight. Kind of like the Sun. Hence Ford Nation.

I am surprised by that assumption. I know Stephen LeDrew is all FordNation but Katie Simpson has been going after the Fords with a vengeance and does lnot mince her words. We want to say objective and not become like a Stephen LeDrew. Some reporters are really trying to get at the Fords.

I guess you have seen the route already. But, for anyone who has not:
http://www.canadians.org/blog/could-toronto-be-next-lac-mégantic-disaster

That's not the route, at least west of the Junction. The Bakken crude trains from North Dakota mostly come though Canada, through Winnipeg, Thunder Bay and Sudbury and down from the MacTier Sub through Weston, then go east via the North Toronto and Belleville Subs.

Now most crude trains pass through Montreal (as before) but then south along the Hudson River to Albany, the crude is loaded onto tankers to Saint John via the Hudson River.

And then there's this:

(Approximation of the Lac-Mégantic Disaster 1km blast radius if the accident had occurred when it was scheduled to pass through Toronto on the old CP rail line north of Dupont St. a few days later. To view this map through google maps please see: Blast Radius Map Toronto)

It would have gone through Toronto about two days earlier, not later. It was an eastbound train to the Irving refinery in Saint John NB.

Last edited:
I am surprised by that assumption. I know Stephen LeDrew is all FordNation but Katie Simpson has been going after the Fords with a vengeance and does lnot mince her words. We want to say objective and not become like a Stephen LeDrew. Some reporters are really trying to get at the Fords.
I'm not sure if reporters are trying to get the Fords, per se, but more that they're trying to get the truth. You want to piss off a reporter? Lie to their face and walk away.

Stephanie Smythe let Doug Ford have it in a recent interview too. It's a local news channel, and 90% of it's programming is just reading stuff off the ticker, and man-on-the-street interviews, but there are a few people there who've done a very good job keeping the Fords on their toes.

True enough. Katie is doing a good job. I was just commenting on the station and their coverage in general and why it would appeal to Ford Nation types, not their coverage specific to Ford.

Already happened, only a matter of time until it recurs:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-doctors-told-me-not-to-do/article4468845/

Asthma, sure. Could also be "crack lung."

Also contains one of Ford's best quotes:

“I think you have every right to know. You’re my boss, right?” he said. “You pay my wages and when something’s wrong the taxpayers should be the first to know. My life’s an open book and that’s how I keep it.”

That should be thrown in his face at every opportunity, which is daily.

"Rob's healthy as a horse. He's a workaholic … sometimes you go overboard," sayeth DoFo.

Funny, Rob doesn't look oriental.

Funny that this is the first time we hear about asthma,
at least that i remember, especially when he sounds like a 4 pack-a-day smoker, or rather partying into the wee hours and walking in a parade hungover.

Hmmm... With Dougie's perchant for speaking before knowing would allow him to get a job at a tabloid.

Last edited:

Stephen LeDrew is a former president of the Liberal party; I doubt he's Ford Nation so much as a soft interviewer. Yeah, the Fords have gone back to him for whatever reason and he's done some very gentle interviews with them but I doubt he actually voted for them. You can still chalk him up as one of the enablers, if you like.

It does seem like the local reporters' frustration is coming out more. Maybe it's resentment over Ford deferring to American broadcasters or seeing how Kimmel is hammering him harder but one has to imagine that they've hit their limit for banging their heads against the wall. for all our legit complaints about how they should ask this or that, we also all know that as soon as someone says, "Rob, what was in those envelopes?" he just walks out of the room. There's nothing to be gained by something like that but they're not going to stand for having Doug lie right to their faces or accuse them of things anymore, seems like.

P24 is quick and dirty, sensational and doesn't always worry about getting the facts 100% straight. Kind of like the Sun. Hence Ford Nation.

I should have been clearer, the tv's volume is off because the bar plays music, so he's reading 3 half lines of text to get his "news".

A typical low information voter.

So putting my tinfoil hat on: remember how MM said the investigation involved a lot of high up officials? Well Jim Flaherty, defender of Rob Ford, just resigned out of the blue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back