News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Income splitting was probably the last straw. Harper must have given him an ultimatum to put up or leave in time to get the new minister up and running before the next election. Or he just got sick of dealing with the uber neocons. He could be in line for US ambassador or something in a year or two. Don't expect a job announcement any time soon, but he will probably go to a McKenna-type role at one of the banks.

And Ford almost certainly has nothing to do with it.

Really? Are you ITK? It's not a Rob Ford universe, but absence of proof is not proof of absence, not yet.

Anyhoo:

@JProskowGlobal
BREAKING: court unseals more documents in Project Brazen 2 Investigation. Docs expected later this morning.

And Ford almost certainly has nothing to do with it.

That's my feeling as well.

What surprises me is no one has baited Rub or Tug Ford. If I saw them on the street I would be sure to engage them in a very nasty way verbally in hopes either one would take a swing at me. A criminal charge of assault and then a civil suit would puit an end to either of these clowns.

Last edited:
First post.

It seems Flaherty's exit was on his own terms and his own timing. That's what makes it a surprise. As for motive, he is well positioned to leverage his government career into a substantial private sector pay hike. He's simply cashing in.
He also has full pensions from his time as an MP AND as an MPP. He'll get some seats on boards from Tory cronies.

Flaherty jumped ship because the shit is about to hit the fan with the Real Estate bubble and the debt bomb as the economy goes into a serious slowdown. He's running away from the mess he created just like Mark Carney did.

@JProskowGlobal
BREAKING: court unseals more documents in Project Brazen 2 Investigation. Docs expected later this morning.

So far I've seen MetroMan play up the relevance of this a bit, and Jimmi T playing it down a bit. I think I'll be in agony until there's indication that TPS are actually showing RoFo some cuffs.

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 1m
Toronto police recovered 5 videos linked to Mayor Rob Ford & crack scandal – but says one video file is missing that may shed light.

Really? Are you ITK? It's not a Rob Ford universe, but absence of proof is not proof of absence, not yet.

Anyhoo:

@JProskowGlobal

No inside knowledge - just common sense. Flaherty is highly unlikely to have done anything illegal or grossly unethical. At worst he'll be criticized for staying as a close personal friend of the family but that's not a firing offence. OTOH, he has a lot of valid reasons to get the hell out of Ottawa. At best he resigned yesterday because he knew the media would be distracted by other stuff today.

from the ITO:

BjGJheZCIAAuR_8.jpg

Also, does anyone know if video files are tagged with meta data like the EXIF information in images? Could the police know exactly where and when it was filmed, and on what device etc?

Interestingly the description doesn't include the Doolittle/Donovan quotes, probably not relevant for the investigation I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back