News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Le Pen's daughter, who is much more media friendly, continues to poll at or near 20%.

She came to speak in Aix at the university while we were there. The leftist students protested (quite rightly, IMO), but then hung a vintage Soviet hammer & sickle flag from their podium! It's amazing how many politically active people are clueless about their own image.
Maybe they just had a sense of humour.

That's not Rob's only strip club incident, if you believe the posts from a couple thousand pages back about Rob's attempted throwdown at the Zanzibar with some guys he thought dissed him.
It was the Brass Rail. Apparently Robbie pulled his berzerker Offensive line/Rhinocerous act down the sidewalk at a couple of guys trying to hail a cab. The description as I recall was exactly like the murder rant. This happened around 2009 but the story didn't come out until he started acting like that all the time.

Um...what? "The incident at the strip club when he was a councillor?" Care to elaborate?

Sure, as OSS117 mentioned, it was detailed in a post here last fall about a run-in with Ford at a strip club. It's a perfect example of his "don't you know who I am?" grasping for street cred thing.

Took me a bit to find it, and here it is:

Funny... Just irresponsibly putting this out there (humour me), but, I am 90% certain that I got into an altercation with Rob Ford at a strip club a year or two before the election.

Never shared this publicly before, but, the clients that I was entertaining that night swore/swear that it was him or his exact doppelgänger -- especially as/bc the person was pulling "do you know who I am?" as his line of defence pre-brawl, at first to imply he was a VIP and then more that he was "street" and connected. The Ford lookalike called over one of the bouncers and told them by name that "we're going to knife these fuckers (my clients and I) in the lane-way". That resulted in the house lights coming up, the dancers running away, and us being separated by security before any bloodshed (which would have been inevitable, my sidekick was armed and I was ready for a bottle-smashing good time).

My clients just stood back and let my sidekick and I take care of things. They loved it. Was their best meeting in years. Questions about "was that guy a city councillor??" began the second we started walking away from the strip-club afterwards.

A few months later, when his mug was on the news one night, I recognized him as being the man I nearly clobbered in a peeler. A pot dealer visiting my friend's house, seeing footage of the Ford boys on TV and hearing me remark about the incident, exclaimed "yeah, so, do you know who that is? The 905 just elected my biggest hook-up as the mayor of Toronto. WTF is going on?"

Then, the rumours started coming in about the Fords from stunned friends in Etobicoke who knew the true side to them, stories of fights in strip-clubs and such, and that most of them had bought weed, hash or coke from them back in the day. The whispers and buzz about it obviously hasn't stopped among those circles since they became public figures.

Strip club aside, it's all made me a bit OCD about exposing the outsiders running my home town.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=770309#post770309

The scrutiny will be on POLITICS and it will be petty crap that won't sell papers. Big things in TO that need to be addressed, Transit, Jobs, The Gardiner Expressway, The Lakefront etc. None of the current crop of candidates has any Bats**t crazy ideas about any of these to whip the public into a froth but if you add a drunken stupor crack binge, all bets are off.

I fear there will be a group of people who will try dig up any dirt on the next mayor and compare it to Rob Ford.
The frame of mind will be "You did it for Rob Ford, why aren't you doing it for X?". While again, being completely oblivious to the fact that Rob Ford is allegedly (and I hope it'll be soon proven) to be directly involved with criminals.

Jimmi T said:
I bet if Rob's not re-elected he'll return to his old council spot, Doug will be his assistant and they'll be campaigning and trying to undermine the new mayor the whole next term.

Or what Jimmi T just said! :cool:

Oh, and free booze for everyone who attends!

reporterdonpeat 12:43pm via Web
Cllr Doug Ford says the Mayor Rob Ford re-election campaign launch is April 17 at the Congress Centre.

Doug will be handing out $20s at the door and the Dixon Bloods will be supplying security.

We aim to be kid-friendly, too. The fine ladies from Zanzibar's will be providing free face-painting and motorboating to keep the little ones amused.

Last edited:
Sslc6Wa.jpg

Attachments

• Sslc6Wa.jpg
    Sslc6Wa.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 550
Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi T
I bet if Rob's not re-elected he'll return to his old council spot, Doug will be his assistant and they'll be campaigning and trying to undermine the new mayor the whole next term.

Except that Rofo can't run for 2 seats at once. He either has to step out of the Mayors race and run in his old seat or wait til the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi T

Except that Rofo can't run for 2 seats at once. He either has to step out of the Mayors race and run in his old seat or wait til the next election.
Always a job for him at Deco.

[video=youtube;LnLDMqPBeKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLDMqPBeKQ[/video]

He can walk into City Hall on September 12th and swap his mayoral nomination papers for a council seat. If he gets confused he can always ask Stintz how to do it.

He just needs to come up with a reasonable-sounding excuse like "I need to go to rehab for six weeks, which means I can't campaign for mayor effectively" or "the police, the media and the Village People are out to get me" and he's got a decent chance of retaining his seat.

He could also try to get a stooge elected to the ward on the understanding that they would resign and trigger a by-election. (edit - I see Jimmy beat me to the punch on that one)

I think they'll run a placeholder who would step down and let Rob run in a by-election if he were to lose the mayor's race.
At a cost of about $200,000 (based on numbers floated about when Holyday's seat opened up)? How would Ford spin that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back