8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
goldsbie 5:39pm via Web
But wait — the Hulk Hogan arm-wrestling match was a publicity stunt for Fan Expo, not a charity event.

Well, the statement does say 'contemplated' charity event. So wiggle room. But none of this contemplation is on public record, is it? If so, surely Rob will have the minutes wherein this contemplation occurred sworn and released. Right?

It also doesn't explain many other things he was ranting about. I just rewatched the vid. I will have to really bend over backwards and ignore all the inconsistencies contained in the vid to buy his version of events. Given his track record, I'm not inclined to do so. The vid was about something else, definitely not arm wrestling Hulk.

I'm not saying I believe it. (I don't! :p) I'm saying it's a plausible defense. But he would have to nail down exactly when the video was filmed, and he needs someone else who was in that room to testify and corroborate that date (sounds like there were at least two other people in the room). Without that, it's not much of a defense.

Most people if they saw a video of them self so messed up that they look insane would be very ashamed and probably seek help. But there are a LOT of people that in their lives the bizarre is commonplace, and I think looking at the train wreck that the entire family is it's just a little blip in their eyes.

It reminds me of a guy that worked under me at a steel mill in Hamilton. He was jailed up on 3 separate occasions and missed work over 5 years, fights or drunk in public and he shrugged it off each time like it was just a nuisance, the fact his Dad was serving time in Kingston for some undisclosed crime probably laid the groundwork for him.

As Mr. Lahey from Trailer Park Boys says , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEPSqPI1B4

Comments from the sit-in at city hall.

Rob Ford Must Go ‏@robfordmustgo 30m
Doug Ford just stopped & complimented us on the posters. Said "y'know we could bring 1000 folks down here & cover them up."

Rob Ford Must Go ‏@robfordmustgo 30m
"But we won't. We'll let you sit here until October 27th," Doug continued. "We'll be here," we said. He left on elevator.

I'm sure those
"1000 folks" are a figment of Dougie's imagination. Well maybe not if he give's a BBQ with free alcohol, otherwise there is no evidence of the Ford Cult leaving their homes.

It's also a joke that Dougie now thinks he can change by-law and voters rights, especially since he will be regular asshole, instead of an elected one.

goldsbie 5:39pm via Web
But wait — the Hulk Hogan arm-wrestling match was a publicity stunt for Fan Expo, not a charity event.

It was a charity event of sorts, it was to increase Robbie's ego.

Anyway... didn't he also say that his "experiment" with crack was in Oct. 2012? Robbie has no credibility with numbers, or most events, especially while in a "drunken stupor", if you are not of sound mind then how can your testimony be taken as seriously.

He needs handlers that feed him the proper information, but then again, Dougie has told people that the truth does not matter.

Last edited:
What did Payman's family say was the context of the rant, Jimmi? Please forgive me if I'm making you repeat yourself - getting forgetful in my advanced years :p

And the when... Is the timing prior to Scott's beating or way after like they claim, I'm afraid my goldfish memory is kicking in on this too...

How, oh how, will the Warmingtongue spin this statement of defence? Should be a doozy

The when...while, I was told this past fall it was "last winter". I took that as the winter the crack video was filmed but could've meant the previous winter (which makes sense as no by-election winter 2013). Keeping target and context private though.

Would the date be embedded in the vid? Since the Star has a copy..........

Of course it won't happen, and it shouldn't. The moment Rob lied about the video, he set these things in motion. The moment he was found to be lying, gas was thrown on that fire. Finally, for not walking away from his job, he threw away the key to that fire extinguisher. Rob set all of this in motion. You don't then blame the fire, you blame the fire starter. Don't like the media hounding? No one to blame but Rob himself. The world doesn't, and shouldn't stop spinning because Rob can't cohabitate harmoniously.

Not my point. My point is that Rob loves the media hounding, and having a 100 reporters at City Hall simultaneously feeds both his ego and his claim of martyrdom, all while accomplishing nothing.

globeandmail 6:31pm via HootSuite
Rob Ford: Jailhouse beating claim "knowingly lacks merit, is frivolous, and vexatious" ...

Much like your four-year term as mayor.

Considering we know that Rob Ford lies because, "everybody lies," I think we can assume this Hulk Hogan defense is nonsense.

I watched a lot of WWF as a kid in the 80's and don't recall Hogan ever talking about birds or guys named Randy carrying a purse.

The when...while, I was told this past fall it was "last winter". I took that as the winter the crack video was filmed but could've meant the previous winter (which makes sense as no by-election winter 2013). Keeping target and context private though.

Ah - okay, sorry bout that. I thought you had already mentioned it here but I recognize the need to keep some details under wraps.

I don't *LIKE* it, but I recognize the need ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back