8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the document Ford filed today he:

1) points out that when McIntyre burst into his home, he yelled "you owe me money... if they don't get it, they will kill me" -- with emphasis on "they will kill me" (to indicate that McIntyre has other enemies who may want to hurt him);

2) As part of the sentencing of McIntyre for threatening Ford in Jan 2012, apparently Ford in a victim impact statement said in court on Jun 13/2012, that he had no safety concerns with [McIntyre] and didn't want [McIntyre] to go to jail. This section is titled: Defendant (Ford) shows compassion to the Plaintiff [McIntyre] :rolleyes:

3) Ford says McIntyre then defended Ford to the Star, specifically to Robyn Doolittle in July 2013, saying the Fords treated him as one of their own and were more than fair given the things he did, and that everyone should put it behind them, and why don't they do a story on how Rob is saving the taxpayers money? :rolleyes:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ailhouse-beating-lawsuit-accusation-1.2580712

Rob Ford doesn't live like a slob either. Love these useless time wasting stereotypes about what criminals are supposed to live like UT!
While not supporting the original statement here that it couldn't be Payman's place because it looked too "classy", I would like to note that it is often stated that Ford's house is in bad shape. There was a Toronto Life article from before he was Mayor (or early in his term) that described it as being in disarray.

Rob Ford doesn't live like a slob either. Love these useless time wasting stereotypes about what criminals are supposed to live like UT!

Actually, based on his income and wealthy background, they do live like slobs. The exterior of Ford's house looks neglected and I remember reading an article that the inside isn't much better. Everything is dated and worn out, which makes sense, Rob is never there so he doesn't care what it looks like. I can't imagine Renata is very content in her marriage so she probably doesn't care either.

March 4, 2014:

[Video of Ford threatening to kill someone.]

Now somebody who is clearly not your friend videotaped you without your knowledge here. Who are you talking about in that video?

RF: [Shrugs.]

JK: You don’t know? You have no idea?

RF: Exactly.

March 20 2014:

"To the best of this Defendant's knowledge the Video depicts... the pre-match rant of a professional wrestler... The Defendant is mimicking... that professional wrestler"

Remarkable Recovered Memory Syndrome?

In the document Ford filed today he:

2) As part of the sentencing of McIntyre for threatening Ford in Jan 2012, apparently Ford in a victim impact statement said in court on Jun 13/2012, that he had no safety concerns with [McIntyre] and didn't want [McIntyre] to go to jail. This section is titled: Defendant (Ford) shows compassion to the Plaintiff [McIntyre]

Except the whole thing went down after McIntyre wwent to jail, and started sending letters to Ford threatening to spill the beans about his drug use.

This thing is too crazy. My mind can't hold it all. I wish other people could know all of this stuff. When you lay it out, it's insane.

While not supporting the original statement here that it couldn't be Payman's place because it looked too "classy", I would like to note that it is often stated that Ford's house is in bad shape. There was a Toronto Life article from before he was Mayor (or early in his term) that described it as being in disarray.
One of Ford's staffers was quoted in the ITO that the house was a mess. That was when Ford called him over to fix the computer and offered the Aide and his girlfriend a joint.

My guess: McIntyre, in addition to being Kathy's bf, might have been supplying Rob with drugs. Now, while the judge stating his relationship to Ford being key in the assault, he doesn't come out and say the Fords ordered it.

The neglected house - Ford has substance issues, it's been speculated that Renata has substance issues (from Crazytown and her being incoherent in an incident with a taxi and a dui (not convicted)). Add that to having little kids (which is enough to be careless with appearance w/out other probs).

I just had a thought regarding the Kevin Donovan article about the gun photographs found on the same computer as the crack video.

IIRC the ITO stated that Anthony Smith was killed in retribution for a theft from a rival gang. It has been mentioned elsewhere that the stolen items were firearms. Is it possible that the photos found on the computer are of the stolen guns? While this still wouldn't prove a connection between Rob Ford and Smiths' murder, it would bring Rob a little closer to it.

I was at City Hall yesterday and I passed by a TV reporter and her cameraman as they were walking up the stairs and the cameraman was telling her about what happened (the Ford rampage) and he was visibly very upset. He was saying how Ford made the media look like children, like it was a kindergarten class gone wild. It's all part of his strategy to make the media look bad.

Speaking of Ford rampages, throughout this entire thing, I've been able to do the mental gymnastics whereby each crazy thing he does, my shock level is raised a little bit more. I guess you can say I've mostly habituated to his behaviour. Another drunken stupor? Yawn. The one thing I just can't get past though, and a thing that I thought would be a much bigger deal than it turned out to be is when he plowed over poor Pam McConnell in council chambers. I just don't get it. Would the council chambers not be considered a work place? And as a work place, wouldn't his "coworkers" be afforded some measure of protection, by law, that they would not be physically assaulted? I get that he probably didn't start out thinking "I'm going to knock McConnell ass over tea kettle" but still. His batshit, juvenile behaviour in a crowded workspace ended up injuring a coworker. If someone at my workplace did that, they'd be shown the door.

I've been wondering what happens if Ford gets wind of an imminent arrest and checks into rehab in another province or even in the States (as a strategic move). Would he need to be extradited? Would the police wait him out? Either case could garner sympathy.

If someone at my workplace did that, they'd be shown the door.

I've never really worked anywhere that people have to literally run across the office for any reason, but I've seen people get accidentally injured in minor ways, even in negligent and preventable ways, and all it ever took was a sincere apology. Yeah it's juvenile that he ran across the council chamber like he was playing football, but come on. That's grasping at straws. I don't think any place I've ever worked at would fire or even discipline a person for accidentally running into someone else.

That whole thing was played up because it was funny, but calling it assault and all that... Come on. Get real. That's not how the real world works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back