News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person connected with the Garrison Ball (missed the name, sorry) will be on CP24 with Ledrew in minutes.

The people on the organizing committee of the Garrison Ball make me a little ill. After TheStar published the Garrison story last year the committe (most of them) scrambled like rats to deny anything ever happened regarding Ford. Ainslie and TheStar are left swinging in the wind while the Ford camp spewed their bile and conspiracy theories.

Now this year the same organizing committee deliberately declines to invite Ford and specifically releases a statement essentially saying "He's not getting in even if he shows up". We all know what that means.

It's just another example of people enabling this ridiculous circus-show of a Mayor.

Last edited:
Yes, Squirrel. The po-po can take all the time they need... however long it take to build airtight case that will stick.

Doug and Rob are likely holed up together talking strategy. Either for the debate, or the best way to turn Rob in.

The people on the organizing committee committee of the Garrison Ball make me a little ill. After TheStar published the Garrison story last year the committe (most of them) scrambled like rats to deny anything ever happened regarding Ford. Ainslee and TheStar are left swinging in the wind while the Ford camp spewed their bile and conspiracy theories.

In light of all we know now, this seems far worse and more gutless. Ford shows up to the event visibly messed-up high with two track-suit type goons and HIS KIDS IN THE CAR, causes enough of a scene to shock a number of people (who chose to remain nameless), and all the organizing committee can say is "...didn't happen." ??? VERY classy and high society. Folks.

I was just commenting to my spouse that if there was one good thing about Ford, it was that it got us more interested and engaged in municipal politics. I previously only followed it by what was reported in the news. Did a bit of research and voted in elections, but that was about it. Of course, that was more than most of my co-workers, but I'm glad I have learned so much in the last couple of years.

I believe Ivor Tossell called this very phenomenon of increased engagement via outrage and the 'politics of psychodrama "The Gift Of Ford".

ETA: The swift and mighty skillz of vic beat me to it. Touche.

Last edited:
A contact at CTV just told me that today is likely the day so he Ford might just miss that debate...

Be still my heart - today's my day in the pool!

I was going to say that today doesn't make sense, given what OPP Commissioner Lewis was just quoted as saying - then I remembered who wrote that article. :p

Oh pleasepleaseplease let it be today. And if it isn't, thanks for making my day a little brighter anyway. :D

The people on the organizing committee committee of the Garrison Ball make me a little ill. After TheStar published the Garrison story last year the committe (most of them) scrambled like rats to deny anything ever happened regarding Ford. Ainslee and TheStar are left swinging in the wind while the Ford camp spewed their bile and conspiracy theories.

Now this year the same organizing committee deliberately declines to invite Ford and specifically releases a statement essentially saying "He's not getting in even if he shows up". We all know what that means.

It's just another example of people enabling this ridiculous circus-show of a Mayor.

No...no...it was a Ford majority... 6 of 13 signed the letter...suggesting they hadn't seen or heard of anyone asking R Ford or someone in his entourage to get R Ford to leave..

In light of all we know now, this seems far worse and more gutless. Ford shows up to the event visibly messed-up high with two track-suit type goons and HIS KIDS IN THE CAR, causes enough of a scene to shock a number of people (who chose to remain nameless), and all the organizing committee can say is "...didn't happen." ??? VERY classy and high society. Folks.

Most of the organizers are active military (plus a few political/community folks symbolically thrown in). Getting involved in politics or saying anything negative about a politician is just not done in the CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back