News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just awful to watch. A pox on all their houses. How hard is it for one of them to kick at Ford with some simple facts:

"You say that you have the best attendance record on council, so let's take May 8th 2013. You showed up to council an hour late, skipped the evening session completely and missed seventeen votes. However, you did manage to call your drug dealer eight times. Must have been a fun night, because the next day you didn't show up until after lunch. How is that respecting the taxpayer?"

I'm not perfect, maybe you are but I'm not. The past is the past. I cannot change the past. Subways, subways, subways.

Someone tweeted that Soknacki brought a calculator to a knife fight.

"There ARE no rules in a knife fight!" :D

Someone tweeted that Soknacki brought a calculator to a knife fight.

"There ARE no rules in a knife fight!" :D

Soknacki's TEAM tweeted the "calculator to a knife fight" bit, pointing to this.

Mayoral candidate David Soknacki shocked audiences of the campaign’s first televised debate by using fact and reason to deliver blow after blow against partisan talking points.

"I believe in non-partisan, consensus-building at City Hall,” Soknacki said as the other candidates repeated baseless attacks and unproven platform rhetoric.

“My campaign’s done the math,” he said.

Soknacki was the target of Mayor Rob Ford’s questioning, as the Gravy Train faces derailment by a candidate who actually understands fiscal management.

“I’m proud of the three budgets I delivered,” Soknacki said.

Reaction from viewers demonstrated that Soknacki’s honest, reasonable approach to the issues is resonating with people who are tired of false claims and big name candidates who lack real ideas.

Dear Lord, is Soknacki just volunteering for atomic wedgies for the rest of the campaign?

It is a sad state of affairs when the best candidate at dodging questions is declared the winner of a "debate". I must say that Gord has really gone down hill in personality, it would have been better if they had Paikin. Bell was the real winner sell the ads in the slot.

I must say that I was worry until Robbie started giggling like a school girl, that's one of his tells that he no longer controls the scrum/debate.

Was that a version of the "20 Minute Workout"?

No, Electric Circus was a dance show held in CITY TV's studio that focused on women and men that met a club going stereotype. George was a pioneer in the "upskirt video" field, but has been held harmless as all dancers, guys and girls signed waivers.

animatronic for mayor! That's exactly what should be shoved in his face on camera. ALL. THE. TIME.

All of them were too old-school stodgy pro politician, yammering on about nothing; deflecting questions; not ripping Ford's throat out.
Ha, I was just going to write that too: Animatronic for Mayor!

No, Electric Circus was a dance show held in CITY TV's studio that focused on women and men that met a club going stereotype. George was a pioneer in the "upskirt video" field, but has been held harmless as all dancers, guys and girls signed waivers.

I don't remember that show. I do remember the 20-workout being on every morning at work. Harmless fun to watch and enjoy in the pre-internet era. Judging by the angles, the cameramen must have been lying on their backs.

Last edited:
Dear lurking campaign workers for Chow, Soknacki, Stintz, and Tory,

Don't just snicker at this, take this to your next meeting with the boss.

So True, Ford has issued a "Scorched Earth Policy" vis a vis his Kuwait comments, time to take off the gloves and hit this moron where it hurts, the TRUTH.

How/why were they not prepared this time??

Exactly! It's not like he came up with new talking points. These are the same slogans he's been using for the last year, if not longer.

Like I said earlier, totally disgusted by todays debacle.

Last edited:
All the people at the pub were the 'fringe' candidates who all paid their 200 bucks to run for mayor. ...allegedly. The photobomber, head shaking guy was in favour of the island airport expansion and improving the Gardiner. The marijuana guy wanted to raise money for city works through pot sales of course....and then he mentioned some cop who was out to get him, lol. Crazy.

The teenager, can't remember her name, Megan? She came off as very articulate and smart. Rich Underhill and Robb Johannes were also awesome.

That was just awful to watch. A pox on all their houses. How hard is it for one of them to kick at Ford with some simple facts:

"You say that you have the best attendance record on council, so let's take May 8th 2013. You showed up to council an hour late, skipped the evening session completely and missed seventeen votes. However, you did manage to call your drug dealer eight times. Must have been a fun night, because the next day you didn't show up until after lunch. How is that respecting the taxpayer?"

This is brilliant. And we could write a hundred of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back