News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as someone else pointed out, Ford will be quickly out on bail and pretending like nothing happened, answering no questions, "innocent until proven guilty," etc. etc. It's doubtful that even the arrest will be the shoe drop many of us want it to be.

That's only true if the candidates stick to the ridiculous notions espoused by Warren Kinsella here...
http://warrenkinsella.com/2014/03/an-open-letter-to-toronto-media/

If Ford is out on bail and at a debate and says, "I'm not perfect, maybe you are..." any candidate who does not jump down his throat is not worthy of supplanting him. He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, yes: not in a race to lead this city for four years and any candidate who can't make hay of the fact he facing numerous, serious criminal charges should just run back home and get into bed. This isn't philandering or having done coke 5 years ago, this is ongoing, recent, serious stuff.

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic but I think when the charges drop, and especially if/when the video gets out, it is the thing that will finally bury him for good.

In November, when council was debating over stripping Ford of his powers, RoFo went over to the gallery to intimidate them. One guy kept repeating "How do you know Anthony Smith, you lying scumbag?!" And Ford reacted quite visibly to that question.

That is the level of discourse the other candidates need to take with Ford. They can be polite and Canadian with each other, but they need to play hardball with Ford, to get through all the delusion and lies.

Like someone said, "Socknaki took a calculator to a knife fight."

Perhaps worth mentioning, I believe ROFO, at age 44, is younger than most of the other candidates. Over the long haul, if he can cut down on his drinking until after the election, that may play in his favour.

The fact that he has a city-paid staff is also to his advantage.

Last edited:
Stintz is apparently one year younger than RoFo. But she's not going anywhere, other than back to her garden, to grow more sunflowers.

In November, when council was debating over stripping Ford of his powers, RoFo went over to the gallery to intimidate them. One guy kept repeating "How do you know Anthony Smith, you lying scumbag?!" And Ford reacted quite visibly to that question.

That is the level of discourse the other candidates need to take with Ford. They can be polite and Canadian with each other, but they need to play hardball with Ford, to get through all the delusion and lies.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Anthony Smith's shooting death. It would be great to see EVERYONE - media, candidates - have the nuts to ask Robbie how he knew Anthony Smith and why, in the hours after Smith's and Khattak's shooting in the early hours of that day, Robbie and Sandro exchanged seven phone calls. Why did Ford call Lisi five times and Sandro call Robbie twice?

the problem with MetroMan's posts (and now tweets) is that they give us the impression that Giroux is sliding over the hood of a squad car and peeling down Royal York Road, sirens blazing.

I can only imagine that when and if (still a big, big if IMO) this happens, it will take longer than anyone thinks, and there will be no fireworks. As others have mentioned, it will happen quietly and a press conference will be called afterwards.

Also, that debate was goddamn near unwatchable. Boo to everyone.

Not only that, but as Warren Kinsella (who is opening campaigning for Chow and hates Ford) says even if Ford is arrested his name will still be on the ballot Oct 27...which means all we will hear from him regarding that is 'it's before the courts, so I cannot comment' for the next 7 months.

I think that the reason we're not seeing really pointed questions about Ford's legal issues is because there's a real risk of slipping into libel or defamation.

From a legal perspective, none of those allegations have been proven in court, so the whole thing would have to be "allegedly" this and "allegedly" that, and it would be very easy to slip up and make a statement that could be grounds for a lawsuit. Even if they didn't have a chance of winning, the Ford's have the bankroll to make anyone's life miserable for a few years.

his bail needs to be set ridiculously high, like... a BILLION dollars.

LOL, well played!

In all seriousness I didn't expect the debate to have any bombshells launched Ford's way, it's just not in these people to go commando and put Ford in his place.

As I've said before and will say again what we need is someone to bait Rub and Tug to violence, it's easily done but people would rather chum up to him to get a selfie, pretty pathetic.

Not only that, but as Warren Kinsella (who is opening campaigning for Chow and hates Ford) says even if Ford is arrested his name will still be on the ballot Oct 27...which means all we will hear from him regarding that is 'it's before the courts, so I cannot comment' for the next 7 months.

While I agree with his opinions on Ford, Warren Kinsella comes off as an insufferable twat.

There was SO MUCH they could have used without even talking directly about the crack use. Though I do wish someone had brought up the gang stuff and his "tough on crime" BS.

That line - repeated over and over - about saving a billion dollars ( so don't bug me about the bad behavior ) reminds me of how some of the "professional heroes" I knew on the job justified their behavior.

Or the war heroes in my neighbourhood growing up: "I am hero and deserve".

In all seriousness I didn't expect the debate to have any bombshells launched Ford's way, it's just not in these people to go commando and put Ford in his place.

Or, go Kamikazee. ( Not literally. )

The candidates whose surnames were not four letters do not appear to have a snowball's chance in he## of winning anyway.

Banzai!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back