News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the weak "I guess I support him" kind of people who need to be swayed - and I think to do so the other candidates need to condemn him in simple, harsh, constantly repeated language - i.e. he has horrible judgement, he is friends with criminals, he's been drunk (at least) on the job, abuses the office, he could've killed Torontonians by driving drunk, etc.

I tend to disagree. The people who make decisions on moral grounds - i.e. who don't want a crack addict mayor - have already left, because there has been tons of evidence about that for a long long time. Anyone who would be swayed by that has already left.

The people you have to work on now are those who say, "well, he's a bad person, but he's still the best mayor we've ever had, look at all he's done! What does it say about all those career politicians that the crack-addict is still a better mayor than they were, right?".

I believe that he has been an objectively bad mayor who has made things worse for Torontonians, and I think these people are provably wrong. But if they only get their news from TV, friends, or the first page or two of the newspaper, they'll never hear that. They'll keep thinking that Ford is a bad person who is nevertheless a good mayor, and they'll hold their nose and vote for him. The unscientific polls last night support this - people still believe that Ford, somehow, is the best economically, and as long as the papers focus on the bad behaviour, it'll never come out.

I voted for Smitherman on much the same basis, and I will probably vote for the Liberals in the next election for the same reasons. Different in scale, of course, but the same underlying principle.

So are we to infer that the rest of what Metro Man shared last night was based on less-than-solid intel?

I think Metroman is off on some stuff, he's suggesting on twitter Rub will be charged with DUI, that's not going to happen unless he's pulled over and refuses to blow or blows over, they can't get a conviction on video evidence of him driving poorly and appearing to be drinking.

I'm pretty confident charges are coming but like I said before it'll be a quiet in and out at the cop shop with his lawyer and then a press conference after with the cops and Rob will deny the scurrilous totally false charges because as Tug says "He's the most honest mayor ever".

If there is a search warrant to be issued for Ford's home/office/DECO, wouldn't MM announcing it on Twitter give the Fords a heads up to destroy incriminating evidence?

It's also questionable what they're expecting to find if the crimes they're investigating were committed almost a year ago.

I think it would be cool that when the "call" comes through to make the arrest, a whole bunch of undercover detectives pull out the magnetic siren, reach out of the car window, place it on the roof of the car and peel out.

I was thinking of the helicopter following the Cadillac scene in "Goodfellas".

Last edited:
What the hell is "kitchen table common sense"?

I think it's some sort of dog whistle to Ford Nation. Kitchen table common sense (which we ALL have, even the "regular Joes") vs. a formal education/training (which the "elites" have).

I really dislike Stintz.

Oh, that's great. I was expecting a long wait for another freak show. I hope the format is better.

Ford mentioned last night that there were 107 debates in the 2010 election - I'm guessing there will be the same or more this time around

My guess is that MM heard exactly the same info as Jimmi, but got way more excited about it and misused the word "imminent." I'm thinking next week.

If there is a search warrant to be issued for Ford's home/office/DECO, wouldn't MM announcing it on Twitter give the Fords a heads up to destroy incriminating evidence?

It also seems like a detail that wouldn't be circulating around the TPS locker room. Unless MM has a connection directly in Brazen 2.

One thing I know will happen between now and the election, Rub will get hammered and do something stupid and be filmed, he's an alcoholic and while he might be able to go a week or two he's destined to fall off the wagon a few times between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back