News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question is: is it fraudulent if Ford loses 50 pounds by having gastric bypass (or other weightloss) surgery?

Or even more fun: the Monty Python solution

47b8add805dbaab55fa74228960dc758db32c0a0_m.jpg

Jesus.. He weighs exactly twice as much as I do.. We're about the same height too I think.

Okay, Rob and Doug, lets get physical...

[video=youtube;vWz9VN40nCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA[/video]

Just saw this on Twitter: Rob Ford's Cut The Waist Challenge will no longer let you pledge to charities with "Gay" or "Bicycle" in the name, e.g. http://twitpic.com/88dv9s

The link is to a screenshot showing *Blocked words entered when he tried to use Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives as his charity of choice.

It would seem that Ford is not losing weight for the sake of gays or cyclists. :rolleyes:

Rob Ford claimed in the past he was 300 lbs of fun. Well it seems we got 10% more Rob Ford than advertised. He comes in at 330 lbs for the Cut the Waist challenge.

He has set a lofty goal for himself, to lose 50 lbs by June 18. Methinks that's a tad much though, since that's about 10 lbs a month. I'll be impressed if he gets himself to below 300.

Doug Ford came in at 275 lbs.

It would definitely be interesting to see him reach that goal. I might not agree with a lot of his tatics or Rob himself, but I think he's setting a good example of getting healthy. Heard he has challeneged other mayors in North America too. Looking forward to this. Maybe they'll make yet another realtv show. "Biggest Loser: Mayor's battle" or something haha

23-21 vote undoes many of Mayor Rob Ford’s cuts

James: Ford loses the gamble

This is essentially what I had predicted near the early part of this thread: A Mayor so inept, so contrary to the soul of Toronto that City Council takes over and effectively becomes its own Mayor, locking the Mayor in name only out of the process, or at least out of the final result.

The bad news for Ford doesn't end here. His popularity has plummeted so close to the beginning of his tenure -- even amongst those who voted for him -- and as we get closer and closer to the next election, the number of councillors backing Ford will continue to dwindle. They won't want to go down with the sinking ship. 20 councillors voted against this all out reversal of all cuts, not to be mistaken as being in favour of the Mayor. I'm willing to bet that a significant part of them would have voted Yes if some of the acceptable cuts had not been included in this motion.

21 is the Mayor's best possible number of support going forward. One is himself, and the other is his brother who appears unlikely to finish his term given his comments in recent months. By the 2013 budget, I'm willing to bet that that number will be down by at least 25%.

We've got a lame duck Mayor. 3 years from the end of his term.

We might see the "next Mayor" emerge and "take office" within the next few days. Will it be Colle? Matlow? A centrist voice for council willing to stand up to the Mayor and build consensus with the 23 councillors who voted for this motion (and continue to add to that pool) will effectively become the "Mayor" for the rest of Ford's term if he's doesn't start listening to what Torontonians want.

Last edited:
Just saw this on Twitter: Rob Ford's Cut The Waist Challenge will no longer let you pledge to charities with "Gay" or "Bicycle" in the name, e.g. http://twitpic.com/88dv9s

The link is to a screenshot showing *Blocked words entered when he tried to use Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives as his charity of choice.

It would seem that Ford is not losing weight for the sake of gays or cyclists. :rolleyes:

I take back my support for him and his brother for what I called a few pages back, the first thing I actually supported them on. Slimy bigots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back