News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously -- how connected is Rob Ford if the OPP are willing to sweep this under the rug? Who is protecting this guy? Are there really powerful interests who want him in office to lose every vote 41-1?

Is the new OPP chief just too chickenshit to go after a crackhead mayor? What the fuck is happening? This makes exactly ZERO sense, and is seriously damaging my faith in our law enforcement agencies. This is such plainly criminal behaviour, and the idea that they would just let him walk to protect their own careers is disgusting.

Of course, if they're really after a Russian Mafia connection, maybe this is part of the act. Maybe every time Rob Ford thinks he's getting away with things, he gets back on the phone and starts talking.

Seriously -- how connected is Rob Ford if the OPP are willing to sweep this under the rug? Who is protecting this guy? Are there really powerful interests who want him in office to lose every vote 41-1?

Is the new OPP chief just too chickenshit to go after a crackhead mayor? What the fuck is happening? This makes exactly ZERO sense, and is seriously damaging my faith in our law enforcement agencies. This is such plainly criminal behaviour, and the idea that they would just let him walk to protect their own careers is disgusting.

Hmmm, what former OPP commissioner is friends with the family and now a federal politician? Not really hard to see what's happening here. Fantino. The Star article shows me that both JimmiT and MM are getting solid knowledge.

(if people need reminding: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg Fantino and the summer fishing trip).

Last edited:
Fucking OPP. Seems pretty clear to me that TPS is leaking this info because they are really, really keen to move forward but OPP is dragging its heels. Hell, the TPS spokesman made a point of saying that the investigation has been cleared by multiple prosecutors, judges.

This is crazy! It's not good at all for there to be this public a split between the two police forces.

I don't understand why they didn't just pursue the blackmail charges to even out the charges, unless the blackmail concern is just the easy excuse for OPP to drop the case.

Hmmm, what former OPP commissioner is friends with the family and now a federal politician? Not really hard to see what's happening here. Fantino. The Star article shows me that both JimmiT and MM are getting solid knowledge.

(if people need reminding: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg Fantino and the summer fishing trip).

Fantino, the current veterans affairs minister, was at the swearing in of Hawkes the other day, for no actual reason.

scanners.jpg

Attachments

• scanners.jpg
    scanners.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 803
I'm soooo mad right now. This stinks to high heaven...

Does anyone have any idea what happens next in this situation? The snippet of the article is very unclear - it suggests that the OPP are saying they see no reason to take action (or even continue the investigation?) while the TPS guys are gunning for it, and prosecutors appear to be on board. So do OPP just get to sit their fat, corrupt asses on it forever?

The other thing: the public nature of this dispute, no matter the evidence, will cast doubt on the strength of the charges in the public mind. Whatever the outcome, Ford has won.

Not politicians, police officers. And Fantino probably still has some influence, and the ability to affect federal funding for provincial police services.

Why would any of these politicians risk their reputations to help a shitstain like Ford?

Rumour when the story first broke was that people of more status than Ford were involved. That would be my guess. There's also the whole lacking ethics and thinking the majority of the electorate is dumb and won't ask questions thing that the CPC has become known for lately.

Why would any of these politicians risk their reputations to help a shitstain like Ford?

it's not about Ford, it's about the status quo. If Ford is shown to be corrupt to Ford Nation, and they actually turn on Ford, there is no way in hell the Cons will get them back, for years...

it's not about Ford, it's about the status quo. If Ford is shown to be corrupt to Ford Nation, and they actually turn on Ford, there is no way in hell the Cons will get them back, for years...

I can't imagine the diehard nutters of Ford Nation ever voting Liberal or NDP, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back