News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford has said he stands 100% behind the police. When has he ever suggested he would contract them out?

Would that even be legal in Canada?

Unless reality copies fiction...
robocop.jpg

Oppose Rob Ford and... out you go! Toronto Star: TTC's Gary Webster faces axe

Ford allies on the TTC board have called a special meeting Tuesday at which they’re expected to call for the firing of TTC chief general manager Gary Webster.

It’s a clear signal to city workers that anyone who disagrees with the mayor risks losing their job, said city councillor Joe Mihevc, a staunch Ford opponent, and former vice-chair of the TTC.

Firing Webster could cost between $400,000 and $500,000 to buy out his contract, said Mihevc. In 2010, Webster earned $281,931.37. He has been at the TTC for 35 years.

Infuriating. Is there any way council can block such a move in time? It's bound to be the same 6 to 3 (?) result as in weeks prior.

Telephone, e-mail, text, telegraph, pigeon post you councillor and tell them to remove or fire city councillors Norm Kelly, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Cesar Palacio, Vince Crisanti and Frank Di Giorgio from the board at the Toronto Transit Commission. They do not act in the best interests of the transit user, but follow the anti-transit dictates of Supreme Leader Rob Ford.

I'll give him credit for it. So the complete list of positive things that Ford has done are:

Preventing a strike
Graffiti Blitz

Good job Mr. Ford!
I think the credit goes more to Peter Milczyn, but getting the architect's name and date on all significant new buildings is one of the few things I can think of that has been good in the era of Ford.

I think the credit goes more to Peter Milczyn, but getting the architect's name and date on all significant new buildings is one of the few things I can think of that has been good in the era of Ford.

Not that it couldn't have happened under Miller (and again, under Milczyn's sponsorship--remember that Milczyn served Miller, too).

For the Fords, it's fundamentally a hands-off issue. Milczyn's their "architecture guy" just like Jaye "Nuit Blanche" Robinson is their "arts girl".

The city should have a by-law that all vehicle owners in Toronto must purchase and use winter tires. If not there will be a $60 penalty.

I don't think the city can't do that. The province can and likely will now that Quebec has successfully done it.

NEWSFLASH: Toronto set to become an official banana republic.

Mayor Rob Ford's senior henchman, Major-Councillor Frank "Numbers" Di Giorgio, outlined the yet-to-be-named Republic's new charter during an ad-hoc press conference for selected media outlets.

"The responsibility of the city’s bureaucracy is to follow the will of the mayor and achieve the objectives set out by his mandate."

The Mayor's hand picked Executive Council will ratify the new charter at a secret "special" meeting to be held tomorrow morning in city council chambers.

As per local customs, a top city bureaucrat - alleged to be TTC Chief Gary Webster - will be sacrificed in gruesome ceremonial fashion, in the hopes of appeasing the native twin Gods, Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber. This will be immediately followed by 980 days of civic moaning, griping and hazy recollections of how this all transpired.

http://www.thestar.com/news/transportation/article/1133895--ttc-transit-chief-gary-webster-may-not-be-only-one-to-lose-job-di-giorgio

I agree only if "vehicles" includes bicycles as we are so often prompted to believe they are vehicles too. Where are those cyclists these days anyways? Also, let's not forget the pedestrians, surely they must be compelled to wear skid proof footwear. I wouldn't want one losing control on a bit of ice and running into me.
Are you for real or just trolling?

Why? Park the car and take transit on the rare occasion it snows.
This has been an easy winter but snow is hardly a rare occasion in Toronto. The city gets 133 cm of it every year on average, more than every major city out west. I don't think mandatory snow tires are necessary but I have them on my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back