News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the face of it, it's hard to tell if there really is anything deeper to Rofo's butthurt over the Gene Jones dumping other than (a.) the elimination of a like-minded ally (i.e. another high-handed "Rules/Laws Are For Suckers" type thug), and/or (b.) he sees it as a personal affront to him, with the THCH board daring to challenge his authority by giving his man the boot. And of the two possibilities, I'm betting the latter is what's really chapping his enormous ass.

The thing is, there may well be something more sinister, corrupt, sleazy or out-and-out criminal under the surface with whatever arrangement Ford had with Jones; one can never discount that notion with Ford and his underlings. (And evidently that's the case with supposedly respectable figures like Jones every bit as much as it is with the street toughs Fatso likes to associate with.) But even if there is anything to all this speculation we're indulging in, I'm betting the two motivations I suggested above are what's causing Ford's rage here at least as much as anything more significant. Hell, even if it's something that could potentially see Fat Boy land in prison, I'd bet what's truly angering him is that other people dared go against his will. In the end, it's all ego with Ford. He's been far too used to getting his way his entire life.

Regarding what Sublime mentioned,

I believe Gene Jones served in the US military, and that he came from a military family.

Perhaps he wanted Toronto Housing to have a Police Bureau like in NYC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department_Housing_Bureau

University of Toronto Police is an example:
http://www.campuspolice.utoronto.ca/

San Francisco where Gene got his start, has Housing Authority Police.

P.S. Funny thought occurred to me after they closed the firehouse on Runnymede Rd. It's only recently ( about a year ago ) that we got our only Tim Horton's in this area! :D

Win one, loose one.

Last edited:
On the face of it, it's hard to tell if there really is anything deeper to Rofo's butthurt over the Gene Jones dumping other than (a.) the elimination of a like-minded ally (i.e. another high-handed "Rules/Laws Are For Suckers" type thug), and/or (b.) he sees it as a personal affront to him, with the THCH board daring to challenge his authority by giving his man the boot. And of the two possibilities, I'm betting the latter is what's really chapping his enormous ass.

I'd bet what's truly angering him is that other people dared go against his will. In the end, it's all ego with Ford. He's been far too used to getting his way his entire life.

Likely, this is probably true. However, this:

Gene Jones, Lisa-Joan Overholt and the union representing Toronto Community Housing Corporation security officers with the midnight raids and the wanting to arm officers...
The Star:

It feels to me like RoFo's sound tough on crime strategy coincided nicely with Gene Jones' dreams of operating a SWAT unit from his swanky new Rosedale office, while taking the Mayor's personal calls on holiday weekends.

Seems equally power-trippin' plausible, no?

As does this:

Regarding what Sublime mentioned,

I believe Gene Jones served in the US military, and that he came from a military family.

Perhaps he wanted Toronto Housing to have a Police Bureau like in NYC?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department_Housing_Bureau

San Francisco where Gene got his start, has Housing Authority Police.

It's all...very...armed. Who knows? Maybe Rob wanted his very own Justice League keeping a lid on the simmering pot of TCHC out of the goodness of his overburdened cardiac apparatus. For the 'folks', like? His suggestion of incipient violence THIS SUMMER was odd, at best. Threatening at worst.

More likely though, it is just an ego broken and bruised over the refusal of the citize...er...ELITES, to let his will triumph.

Last edited:
More likely though, it is just an ego broken and bruised over the refusal of the citize...er...ELITES, to let his will triumph.

TAXPAYERS dammit! That's what we are, nothing more, nothing less.

Fair enough. Get yourself some dulse, though. Works every time.

To clarify, reason for asking was The Google, in light prods, generally gives back mostly positive stuff about the guy that would fit right in with Regent Park/Alexandria stuff that's going on. But that was poison to the likes of SAL, who "broke" the 'Pam McConnell Gets A Crony Pad' blockbuster. Also, when I say "good backgrounder", I guess what's meant is "Anywhere to find out what skullduggery, if any, this gravy sucker has been into?".

Chicken nuggets and a nice Pino Grigio helped.
I'm willing to bet good money there is something.
Gene's clearly not a superstar leader and honestly, I'd rather live in Detroy-it than work for the likes of Ford. In the movie he will have to have left because of scandal back home....

Joe tweets, "If Gene Jones was so awful why pay him $200,000? Will Ombudsman investigate cost of firing a guy she said was no good but still won lotto?"
https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/459818800951877635

Someone replied, "He can now buy a city block in Detroit."

"Detroy-it" :D

Another:
"It's Friday & #RobFord has had a bad day. Bender weekend? Crack? Booze? Patois rant? Wonder if Doug will lock him in the basement?"

And another:
"So the lights have gone out in Etobicoke. Coincidence?"

Last edited:
That little commission in Quebec is still going strong. Unless Rob Ford is tied directly to the dead body or the bumbling idiot leads us to an Ontario branch of the Quebec malfeasance our four terrible years aren't going to amount to a fraction of that.

If this goes above Ford, I think its safe to say it will be the biggest political scandal to come from Canada. The international melee that occured from the crack smoking admission is proof positive that a larger picture coming into focus would garner attention unlike this City or country has ever seen.

If this goes above Ford, I think its safe to say it will be the biggest political scandal to come from Canada. The international melee that occured from the crack smoking admission is proof positive that a larger picture coming into focus would garner attention unlike this City or country has ever seen.

So do you think La Familia will be happy with all the exposure!

What happened to the last guy who exposed them to be present in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back