News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see council in effect firing him for getting much needed medical treatment (not that I think for a second that's what he's doing). They know that his career is done anyway. Firing a sick man would look bad on all who voted in favour.

Except that we don't actually know if and when he is going to rehab or for how long

Exactly. This isn't closure. Everything the Fords have said and done since last night has been vague and noncommittal. All Rob said he'd do was take an unspecified leave and seek professional treatment for alcohol abuse. That could entail just about anything without being strictly a lie. Doug said nothing in his presser. In their minds the options and playing field are still wide open.

There is 0% doubt that there was a family meeting (sans RoFo) to come up with this entire strategy, and that it happened well in advance of this week's events. Wouldn't be surprised if the already had a deposit on file at a rehab centre.

I would be surprised, but only because I don't think he's going to any actual rehab place.

Pure speculation, but doesn't he have friends with money? like in construction and waste management? ;)

Private jet charters aren't that expensive. The Fords have got the cash for it. Generally you're looking at about $2k per hour of plane use. Assuming he's not leaving the continent this'd be under ten grand.

I can't see council in effect firing him for getting much needed medical treatment (not that I think for a second that's what he's doing). They know that his career is done anyway. Firing a sick man would look bad on all who voted in favour.

Anyone else doing this would have been fired from their job a long time ago.

Exactly. This isn't closure. Everything the Fords have said and done since last night has been vague and noncommittal. All Rob said he'd do was take an unspecified leave and seek professional treatment for alcohol abuse. That could entail just about anything without being strictly a lie. Doug said nothing in his presser. In their minds the options and playing field are still wide open.

"Professional treatment" the last time they came up with that crap was his steroid-popping gym trainer. Until they actually name a rehab place (and the rehab place confirms it), I'm going with yet more bollocks from the Frods.

Private jet charters aren't that expensive. The Fords have got the cash for it. Generally you're looking at about $2k per hour of plane use. Assuming he's not leaving the continent this'd be under ten grand.

Yes, but isn't this the family whose most famous son wanted to pay a measly $5,000 and a car for the return of an *extremely* incriminating video?

Does anyone know who this asshole twitter troll is? He's particularly vile.

Joe Kool ‏@Kool_Camel 1m
@univrsle Chow was an enabler for 30 years as her father abused her mother. She could have called the police but did nothing. #TOpoli
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

The smartest thing you can do is ignore that asshole. He's a shitty human being and should be ignored at all costs.

"Professional treatment" the last time they came up with that crap was his steroid-popping gym trainer. Until they actually name a rehab place (and the rehab place confirms it), I'm going with yet more bollocks from the Frods.

The Fords might name it, but a rehab place in Ontario will not confirm that. Privacy is key for them.

Yes, but isn't this the family whose most famous son wanted to pay a measly $5,000 and a car for the return of an *extremely* incriminating video?

This is his "hail mary" attempt to get past the crack scandals. If he can disappear for a few weeks then come back and try not to get caught on camera doing crack, he probably thinks he can get away with it. He won't be able to stay sober, of course, but I'm sure he'd see $10K as a cheap price for that if it worked.

I have no problem with people taking short-term disability to treat addictions. Of course, OHIP will only cover very short term rehabs (21 days) and Ford can afford to go to the spa variety.

No. I mean LTD for the rest of your un-natural life.

He would be covered for Group Life, Extended Health Care, Dental and LTD. The City pays 100%.

City of Toronto Long Term Disability policy ( for anyone interested )
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/d913a717f26f6392852572180061af24?OpenDocument

It takes six months to qualify. How many months away is the election?

Last edited:
Anyone posited that Ford might have been whisked away to a local detox before shipping out for rehab? Most of them won't take anyone until they've been clean for 72 hours or so, and if he was on a bender as late as Tuesday he might be in need of a little rehydration/benzo's to bring him off of the alcohol, at least.

This is his "hail mary" attempt to get past the crack scandals. If he can disappear for a few weeks then come back and try not to get caught on camera doing crack, he probably thinks he can get away with it. He won't be able to stay sober, of course, but I'm sure he'd see $10K as a cheap price for that if it worked.

After Doug's on-camera meltdown, this is the best $10K the campaign could invest in. I'm being cynical of course, I do hope he's really getting help, but I still believe this was a backup plan should sh*t hit the fan again.

I have no problem with people taking short-term disability to treat addictions. Of course, OHIP will only cover very short term rehabs (21 days) and Ford can afford to go to the spa variety.

30 days is not rehab it's just detox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back