News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird is going on down at City Hall.

It hasn't even been a week since Rob Ford's exit and after Doug initially said that Rob is doing good in rehab, he's now saying he's not ruling out a run himself?? Did Rob say to him that he's dropping out? Is Rob DEAD?!? Seriously. What is going on.

Here's a quick bit of tin-foil speculation from me: If the picture upthread is Rob and he's left rehab to cruise Richmond Hill, maybe he's about to leave the mayoral race, figuring "screw it." Thus, Doug shifts gears and starts pondering his own chances, slim as they are. Plausible? I doubt it, but man, it's getting hard to concentrate.

Well, Doug said that he is '100 percent in rehab' and 'just trust him on this." So, no. He's definitely not in rehab.

DMW goes to the gym I use on the Esplanade when I'm at work. I thought it was him and asked the girl at the counter and she said "Yes....and he's a reaaaaal jerk."

Made me laugh.

Everything you hear about that guy is that he's a real asshole. I wonder what specifically made him give up on his run for Mayor? That's probably an interesting story.

Denzil Minnan-Wong ‏@DenzilMW 7m
I told Rob that some Councillors were trying to undermine our initiative to contract out garbage. He wanted to come back. #TOpoli

This seems a little fishy no?

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 47s
Cllr Minnan-Wong says Cllr Ford passed him phone w/ mayor on other end. Says mayor told him he is in rehab #topoli pic.twitter.com/VCyt0kSFA4

This really sounds like they're using DMW. I think the dude is getting duped.

It's weird that they'd suddenly be so pally with DMW after how they've treated him recently. And of course, just because RoFo and DoFo both say it, it doesn't make it the truth (and let's face it, it makes it more likely to be a lie).

Not really. I'm not a metroman apologist but he said there are rumours that TPS requested US Customs to turn him back. Then he said he doesn't think that is the case. He stated that if that was the case it would be more likely that robbie would have been prevented from leaving Canada in the first place. He's pointing out rumours then refuting them.

Did he ever get get over the drama of not being allowed his dog into the Eaton Centre with him - which resulted in him not spending $700 in the Apple store?

Denzil Minnan-Wong ‏@DenzilMW 7m
I told Rob that some Councillors were trying to undermine our initiative to contract out garbage. He wanted to come back. #TOpoli

This seems a little fishy no?

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 47s
Cllr Minnan-Wong says Cllr Ford passed him phone w/ mayor on other end. Says mayor told him he is in rehab #topoli pic.twitter.com/VCyt0kSFA4

This really sounds like they're using DMW. I think the dude is getting duped.

If Rob Ford is in rehab, I think it's disgraceful that anyone would tattle to him about how council is going against his wishes and make him feel as if he should rush back.

I think the phone calls thing varies from place to place. Can the poster (I forget who, apologies) who spent time in this place tell us what the polict was when they were there?

I think you might have confused me as going there. I went to the Donwoods Institute, no phone calls for first week but I can't remember if it was enforced, I just did what they told me to do cause I wanted to fix my life. I really didn't pay attention to anyone in my first week, they ask you to do a LOT of thinking about HOW you ended up there in the first place and that's pretty much what my brain was focused on.

What I can tell you is that most of the repeat rehabbers (we had a guy in there on his 7th go around) flouted the rules and generally speaking looked like they were killing time till they could get back outside. Most of those repeat rehabbers were opiates and crack users.

Like they say, you really do have to WORK the plan to have any hope of success.

One of the keys for me, was I found a person in my group that was also very serious about change, it was his second kick at the can and we spent HOURS talking and he really clued me in about how he failed the first time.

I think it will be difficult for Rub to find someone he can relate to and trust and if he is in rehab and making a lot of phone calls my guess is he's not really thinking about success, just passing time.

Last edited:
He's so not in rehab. The focus on working out, the phone calls. It's the worst kind of bullshit. He was on his way to Doug's place in Chicago, got turned back, and ten to one he's now stashed with one of his steroid-dealing trainers.

What I can tell you is that most of the repeat rehabbers (we had a guy in there on his 7th go around) flouted the rules and generally speaking looked like they were killing time till they could get back outside. Most of those repeat rehabbers were opiates and crack users.

I remember a guy who used to go ( there's actually lots of places in this city ) just to take a break from the wife and kids.

Regarding the wait list to get into Homewood:
http://homewood.org/coming-to-homewood/waitlists

And this is why the whole rehab thing doesn't pass the smell test. Unlike US private facilities where you pay you go, our whole system is based on referrals. So Robbie boards a private jet Thursday morning, turns back and is in Buttonville or Hamilton just after 5 PM and immediately has a doctor's referral, gets placed on a wait list and gets in in literally minutes.

Just as an aside, since the Fords have professionals such as Dennis the lawyer on retainer, no doubt they have a doctor on standby. No reason why a their doctor can't confirm a referral, with RoFo's blessing of course. Would put the matter more to bed than it is now. Yes, I know not all doctors are beyond reproach but still...

I can't doubt any of those statements. :)

Somewhere a thousand or two pages back, someone in this thread bumped into DMW in New York or someplace, and said Hi to him and his response was along the lines of "I'm on vacation, leave me alone."

Also, remember that when ever the FoBros won't tell you something, it's because they have something to hide. Always. If he was actually in real rehab they'd be trumpeting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back