News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with his obsession with working out? They should have a gym?

I remember seeing an indoor swimming pool at Thistletown. I imagine the kids ( apparently there are only three ) are feeling pretty cooped up in their new place. Guess they are still getting used to it.

We need to set round the clock surveillance to see how many times EMS shows up!

You may all hate me, however I'm not entirely unsympathetic to the neighbours concerns - all of our armchair opinions are not based on actual experiences of the situation. I also don't think that the neighbours are absolutely against the home being there, just the troubling aspects that may be effecting their lives.

However, Doug's way of handling the situation is appalling, to say the least. One-sided, unprofessional and downright insulting. Instead of trying to work with all parties concerned to rectify some of the problems, he goes on an all out attack without an ounce of sympathy or respect. Along with his usual talented flair for undiplomatic speech, exaggeration (what the Fords exaggerate?!! No way!!) and finger-pointing, he deserves all the criticism directed at him.

I just feel all of the NIMBYism attacks are a bit unfair, since none of us REALLY know what has been going on and how disturbing it has been. Not to mention that the neighbourhood was not properly informed to begin with. It's not a matter of not having any homes like this in neighbourhoods, it a matter of how troubling situations are handled so that all parties can work together to feel at ease. I may feel great sympathy for the kids in that home, and as a result compromise my desire for a peaceful neighbourhood, but to be completely honest, that doesn't mean that constant screaming at all hours and constant sirens on the street wouldn't bother me either. There are a lot of people out there that are better than I am, in that they would not feel upset about what's going on and I commend them. I also have PTSD that is triggered by disturbances around my home environment....

Would it not be ironic that it might be Doug that had killed off any of Robs chances for re-election with this latest BS rant?
Too bad that Rob (apparently) never uses a computer... he probably knows nothing about this. But I bet he'd actually love it. He's been the family screw-up for so long, while Doug is the "good son". I bet he'd enjoy it and being able to tease his brother. "Gee, Jones, I smoke crack and drive drunk for a year and people still love me. You managed to destroy us in one afternoon!" :D

Rob might be thrilled -- he can finally get out of a job he doesn't feel comfortable in.

that looks a bit like RoFo's campaign website. what is is with everyone using these templates? The web was more creative/diverse 10 years ago.

Is there anyone that DohFo isn't majorly pissed at? Does he have his own Rat Lisi or any friends at all?

I guess David Price is his friend, right? Rob didn't even want him, Doug insisted for him to be hired. And that Saracino guy from Florida.

I remember seeing an indoor swimming pool at Thistletown. I imagine the kids ( apparently there are only three ) are feeling pretty cooped up in their new place. Guess they are still getting used to it.

They came from another group home. Thistletown has been closed for a while.

You may all hate me, however I'm not entirely unsympathetic to the neighbours concerns - all of our armchair opinions are not based on actual experiences of the situation.

I wonder if there's any truth to the claim that their property values dropped $150,000 "overnight"?

Is there an MLS agent in da house?

I wonder if there's any truth to the claim that their property values dropped $150,000 "overnight"?

Is there an MLS agent in da house?

No doubt just another Fordian embellishment. But you never know - I think it will come up at some point with backed-up proof, that it's probably not entirely factual.

Last edited:
Of course not. That claim is utterly absurd.

It's only been, what, a little over a month? Someone would have to attempt to sell their house and then see what kind of offers they get, the people making offers would be advised on what is reasonable. Has that happened yet? Doubt it. Don't know where Doug pulled that number from.

You may all hate me, however I'm not entirely unsympathetic to the neighbours concerns - all of our armchair opinions are not based on actual experiences of the situation. I also don't think that the neighbours are absolutely against the home being there, just the troubling aspects that may be effecting their lives.

However, Doug's way of handling the situation is appalling, to say the least. One-sided, unprofessional and downright insulting. Instead of trying to work with all parties concerned to rectify some of the problems, he goes on an all out attack without an ounce of sympathy or respect. Along with his usual talented flair for undiplomatic speech, exaggeration (what the Fords exaggerate?!! No way!!) and finger-pointing, he deserves all the criticism directed at him.

I just feel all of the NIMBYism attacks are a bit unfair, since none of us REALLY know what has been going on and how disturbing it has been. Not to mention that the neighbourhood was not properly informed to begin with. It's not a matter of not having any homes like this in neighbourhoods, it a matter of how troubling situations are handled so that all parties can work together to feel at ease. I may feel great sympathy for the kids in that home, and as a result compromise my desire for a peaceful neighbourhood, but to be completely honest, that doesn't mean that constant screaming at all hours and constant sirens on the street wouldn't bother me either. There are a lot of people out there that are better than I am, in that they would not feel upset about what's going on and I commend them. I also have PTSD that is triggered by disturbances around my home environment....
Doug was the one who didn't inform the residents. Apparently, the Griffin Centre met with DF a few times before it opened. (From the TStar article.) Yes, definitely he handled it terribly. If he had an ounce of sense, he could have handled it so that it didn't make the news at all.

We also have not heard from the other side: from neighbours who don't mind, or from the home staff members, or even EMS. Let's have the records of how many times they came to that street. If it was every other day, like Doug said, then yes, it would be a totally different situation. Right now, we have only heard from people who spoke without thinking, and they all seem to be Dickensian mean.

Last edited:
What is with his obsession with working out? They should have a gym? Because that would solve everything. Also the only people suggesting that those children should be confined to four walls his him and those a-hole neighbours because they don't want to have to explain it to their kids. Anger is reemerging....

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 681
We also have not heard from the other side: from neighbours who don't mind, or from the home staff members, or even EMS. Let's have the records of how many times they came to that street. If it was every other day, like Doug said, then yes, it would be a totally different situation. Right now, we have only heard from people who spoke without thinking, and they all seem to be Dickensian mean.

Griffin House has been quoted as saying: "Staff are in the house “24/7” she said, adding "staff are trained to deal with aggressive and volatile behaviour, part of which is knowing when to call the police. Typically, we don’t have emergency services come as much as they have in the last few weeks.”

Edit: Yes, the residents may be exaggerating and making a big deal out of nothing, but we aren't there. EMS records would help.

Last edited:
Oriana said:
Yes, the residents may be exaggerating and making a big deal out of nothing, but we aren't there. EMS records would help.

Maybe they'll just build a station up the street. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back