News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it COULD be as innocent as just talking. She seems reasonably attractive and Ford would love the attention, and she might relish the idea of speaking with such a big celeb these days.

But of course given Ford's track record, thinking it's something nefarious/sexual is not exactly a stretch.

Perhaps he offered her a job at City Hall.

https://twitter.com/TorStarEditor/status/469316257422913536/photo/1

Michael CookeVerified account ‏@TorStarEditor

Thursday's Toronto Star front page -- Mayor Ford is back. pic.twitter.com/zcGygIYte7
View attachment 26801

I wonder if the news sites are getting as FordWeary as the average person?
It already feels like the backlash is growing (on twitter and other social media) where people don't want to hear about RF.

It's the nature of the story, too, I think. Compare and contrast ...

(A) Among many other unbelievable events the same night, RoFo punches scuzzy criminal in the face, forgetting sack of McD's in hand.

(B) DoFo throws gasoline on fire about group home, offends all decent people.

(C) Mid-30's single mom with serious problems gets a bunch of new problems when she makes terrible decisions after encounter with Rob Ford.

(A) and (B) are just outrageous. I'm surprised more outlets didn't pick up (A), but maybe it was too much of a Star scoop. (B) generated exactly the shitstorm it deserved. I think (C) is such a bummer that a lot of news people just think, Jeez, we have to report this, but damn, it's no fun at all to try to grab this story by the throat.

From Twitter:
@LaRocqueSays
Just got a handy polling call asking who I would elect mayor: Olivia, John, Karen, David or DOUG. #TOpoli
8:28pm - 21 May 14

BTW this guy is running for councillor in Ward 2.

Wonder if this was a poll commissioned by Doug in Ford-friendly areas to see what his chances at mayor are like?

There's more in the twitter conversation:

Joanne Nicolle ‏@JoanneCangal 4h
@LaRocqueSays Me too. Were #s with Doug vs Rob for Mayor & Norm was in the mix too. #TOpoli #phonepoll

Luke LaRocque ‏@LaRocqueSays 4h
@JoanneCangal Are you in Etobicoke? I'm curious to know how far this poll extends.

Joanne Nicolle ‏@JoanneCangal 3h
@LaRocqueSays Nope I'm in Scarborough NW end. Pretty interesting questions I thought.

Luke LaRocque ‏@LaRocqueSays 3h
@Belgraves @JoanneCangal Doug Ford. Guessing that's the same person?

@Belgraves @LaRocqueSays Yep even asked at one point for a comparison of who you'd vote for Rob or Doug.

@JoanneCangal I thought so too. I may be particularly aware in my position, but I thought it strange that they asked if I liked Norm Kelly.

@LaRocqueSays They wanted to know if one knew of a candidate and if one approved/disapproved of a candidate. Interesting ..

@JoanneCangal Yup. I think it was from a polling firm (did you get to the end) that I've heard of before?

@LaRocqueSays Pretty sure it was Forum.

Went to the opera tonight: Donizetti's Roberto Deveraux. (Extremely well sung, including by 'local boy' Russel Braun. COC chorus and orchestra supurb, as usual.) In attendance (row L, seat 11; and in the members' lounge at intermission): Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly.

Uh, so, regarding your edits, "supurb" was just bait so you could find some spelling/grammar pedants to block? :p

Last edited:
The reason that we know that the Escalade is leased to Deco (versus the DF lie about being a gift, the RF lie about him saving up for it, etc.) is that some journalists did a PPSA (Personal Property Security Act) search at the time the Escalade appeared and found a record of it being leased to Deco. A lease for a term of 1 year or more normally gets registered under the PPSA and the PPSA registration normally includes the VIN (a/k/a vehicle identification number), which is marked on the vehicle in a few places, including on a plate riveted to the top of the dashboard and visible through the windshield.

That's what I said. (You said it better.) the question is, how do we get the VIN from the vehicle in impound?

May 22 has just begun and it's my arrest pool day. Just tingling all over in case something arresty happens. Otherwise it'll probably just be a normal, Ford clusterf*ck sort of day.

It's my arrest pool day too! And I will hold out hope that we're the winners til 11:59 PM. You just never know..

OK, just got off the phone with my friend in Mactier.

Last time he saw her was a few months back, he's seen her hammered several times over the years, once at a wine and cheese party at Healey Lake where she ended up passed out drunk on a dock and most people just stepped over her without helping because "that's the way she gets".

She had a penchant for married men and is known as a less than chaste individual, the term "the village bike" was used but he meant that in an oral sense. Apparently her hookups have been problematic with several marriages, 4 according to what my friend has seen.

She apparently was present when someone OD'd and died from a cocaine overdose about 8-9 years ago.

He doesn't think she's a drug user because "she's just a messy drunk slut that chases after guys with money".

He remembers her working at the TD bank in Bala within the last 6 months.

I asked him about Greenestone and he said "It's a fucking joke, everyone knows that it's really a resort not rehab. He said "People joke that Mactier should be called Cracktier because of all the crackheads from Greenestone that are around.

That's pretty much it without revealing stuff that could identify innocent people.

Bear in mind I'm just passing off what he claims to have seen but I trust him implicitly because I've known him for decades and he's one not to embellish, if anything he down sells stuff.

OK, just got off the phone with my friend in Mactier.

Last time he saw her was a few months back, he's seen her hammered several times over the years, once at a wine and cheese party at Healey Lake where she ended up passed out drunk on a dock and most people just stepped over her without helping because "that's the way she gets".

She had a penchant for married men and is known as a less than chaste individual, the term "the village bike" was used but he meant that in an oral sense. Apparently her hookups have been problematic with several marriages, 4 according to what my friend has seen.

She apparently was present when someone OD'd and died from a cocaine overdose about 8-9 years ago.

He doesn't think she's a drug user because "she's just a messy drunk slut that chases after guys with money".

He remembers her working at the TD bank in Bala within the last 6 months.

I asked him about Greenestone and he said "It's a fucking joke, everyone knows that it's really a resort not rehab. He said "People joke that Mactier should be called Cracktier because of all the crackheads from Greenestone that are around.

That's pretty much it without revealing stuff that could identify innocent people.

Bear in mind I'm just passing off what he claims to have seen but I trust him implicitly because I've known him for decades and he's one not to embellish, if anything he down sells stuff.

Fuck, the problems for this woman are worse than I guessed. I hope the media stays on the Ford story and gets all over the GreeneStone story, and backs off from a story about somebody who never aimed to get worldwide attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back