News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this was a poll commissioned by Doug in Ford-friendly areas to see what his chances at mayor are like?

There's more in the twitter conversation:

Joanne Nicolle ‏@JoanneCangal 4h
@LaRocqueSays Me too. Were #s with Doug vs Rob for Mayor & Norm was in the mix too. #TOpoli #phonepoll

Luke LaRocque ‏@LaRocqueSays 4h
@JoanneCangal Are you in Etobicoke? I'm curious to know how far this poll extends.

Joanne Nicolle ‏@JoanneCangal 3h
@LaRocqueSays Nope I'm in Scarborough NW end. Pretty interesting questions I thought.

Luke LaRocque ‏@LaRocqueSays 3h
@Belgraves @JoanneCangal Doug Ford. Guessing that's the same person?

@Belgraves @LaRocqueSays Yep even asked at one point for a comparison of who you'd vote for Rob or Doug.

@JoanneCangal I thought so too. I may be particularly aware in my position, but I thought it strange that they asked if I liked Norm Kelly.

@LaRocqueSays They wanted to know if one knew of a candidate and if one approved/disapproved of a candidate. Interesting ..

@JoanneCangal Yup. I think it was from a polling firm (did you get to the end) that I've heard of before?

@LaRocqueSays Pretty sure it was Forum.

It might also be Forum doing something to generate a few headlines for itself.

I know how averse to the Toronto Sun UTers are, so bear with me on this one. Doug has written a piece (of what, you may ask) as a guest columnist. My apologies for the length, but it saves clicking through to their site. It follows here:
OPINION
Doug Ford: Issue comes back to closing Thistletown
Councillor Doug Ford, Guest Column
Yesterday at 7:53 PM

Toronto Councillor Doug Ford at City Hall on Monday, May 12, 2014. (Craig Robertson/Toronto Sun)
I think it is important to clarify recent reports regarding my position on a newly created group home in Etobicoke North called the Griffin House.
Since opening in March, local residents have faced many challenges with this new addition to their once quiet residential neighbourhood. On multiple occasions, Police and Emergency Services have been called to the Griffin House to deal with violence and other disruptive behaviour.
As the Ward Councillor, it is my job to listen to my community, voice their concerns and fight to resolve them. That is why I attended a community meeting on May 15 with Toronto Police and concerned local residents, to see their issues first hand. The truth is, I was very troubled by what I heard at this meeting and what residents have been telling me since March.
Neighbours shared stories about theft and violent behaviour. We heard instances of harassment, cars being broken into and many other shocking revelations. Police presence in this area is becoming regular, and local families are rightfully worried- they don't feel safe in their own community. Of course, all of this could and should have been avoided.
It is extremely unfortunate that the provincial government chose to shut down an excellent facility like the Thistletown Regional Centre for Children and Adolescents. This Centre provided much needed services to hundreds of Etobicoke North youth who were dealing with persistent behavioural and developmental issues. The centre worked for the youth and it worked for the community.
Unfortunately, the Liberals decided that finding quick fixes to their financial mess was more important than providing these vital services to our youth. They decided to close the doors of this facility, sell it off to developers, and instead create less costly group homes in densely populated suburban family neighbourhoods. This is an issue that is now being felt in many residential communities across Toronto.
When I was first approached by the Griffin House seeking input into their new location, I voiced my concerns but still did my best to assist in making the most of this difficult situation. They assured me that the youth in this new group home would not be violent or disruptive to the community. They assured me that there would not be issues like the ones we are seeing today.
Needless to say, I am extremely passionate about assisting local youth, especially those who are at a persistent disadvantage. That is why I first became involved with the Rotary Club, over 30 years ago, and it's why I first got involved in politics. Since being elected as the Councillor for Ward 2, I have spent countless hours working with the local community to address the needs of at risk youth in the area. I am extremely proud to say that we have achieved a great deal on this front.
Moving forward, I will continue working with the Griffin House, Toronto Police and the local community to find a viable solution to these problems. I will also keep pressuring the Province to step up to the plate, do their job and provide disadvantaged youth with the opportunities and support they need to integrate and thrive in our communities.
— Doug Ford is the Toronto city councillor for Ward 2, Etobicoke North
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google Share on email More Sharing Services
http://m.torontosun.com/2014/05/21/doug-ford-issue-comes-back-to-closing-thistletown

<my take is he had one of his flunkies compose it for him - he's just not that literate>

BTW, the comments following the column can be summed up with 'go away and take your brother with you, you're a liar, these kids are your constituents too and your vague attacks on these kids have no basis in fact.

Last edited:
Agree. But, most of all, you need the person to be really committed to quitting whatever they are addicted to. Lohan wasn't one of them. And neither, I think, is Ford.

Definitely, but that can happen in rehab with the proper treatment. Acknowledging that you're an addict. Accepting that addiction is a chronic illness that never goes away. It is only managed on a daily basis in various ways.

You need qualified, experienced medical professionals for treatment to work. My family member has been through numerous rehabs over the past 7 years. It is beyond frustrating to see the most obvious problems completely ignored. There's a shortage of medical professionals who really understand addiction and effective treatment strategies. It just feels hopeless after awhile :(

in the video on this page...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-escalade-impounded-woman-charged-with-dui-1.2650013

it's said that it was the CEO of greenestone that confirmed mcrobb had been there. something is up with that.

The self congratulatory piece by the CBC about how they got the story, paired with the "CEO says xxxxx" quotes from Dave seglins is giving me the impression that this journalist is trying to make a name for himself, carve out some of the Ford pie, and is more interested in the scoop then the validity of it. Just my two cents.

I know how averse to the Toronto Sun UTers are, so bear with me on this one. Doug has written a piece (of what, you may ask) as a guest columnist. My apologies for the length, but it saves clicking through to their site. It follows here:

Amongst the other Doug Ford-grade horseshit laid out by a staffer: cul-de-sacs of single-family detached homes in Etobicoke are "densely populated neighbourhoods".

From Reddit ...

[–]Trent_Boyett 8 points 3 hours ago
I'm beginning to think the whole Rob Ford fiasco is a cleverly orchestrated diversionary tactic.
Somewhere, at some level of government, some unspeakably horrible acts are being committed against us and Rob Ford was chosen as a sacrificial lamb to keep our attention distracted.
There's no way the man could really be so much of an ongoing train wreck. It's got to be a setup. We're through the looking-glass here people

I'm mostly a please-take-the-tinfoil-off-your-head-and-attempt-to-be-rational sort of person, so at this point I'm alarmed that the above is somewhat persuasive to me.

Really, I still think that the whole RoFo phenomenon is a perfect storm of a mutant personality, horrible family dynamics, and the wrong mood at the wrong time for Toronto voters, but the non-stop weirdness is seriously hacking away at the foundations of this line of thought.

Yes! We noticed that, as well. I'm fairly certain that if that second woman who was with her hadn't been there, she probably would have told a lot more than she did.

here it is captured in a frame...

BoMuBhhIgAASc3S.jpg

https://twitter.com/melissajphoto/status/469269390035517440/photo/1

Attachments

• BoMuBhhIgAASc3S.jpg
    BoMuBhhIgAASc3S.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,086
The self congratulatory piece by the CBC about how they got the story, paired with the "CEO says xxxxx" quotes from Dave seglins is giving me the impression that this journalist is trying to make a name for himself, carve out some of the Ford pie, and is more interested in the scoop then the validity of it. Just my two cents.

Yes, I think they were suckered. In order to get some kind of exclusive on the is-he-or-isn't-he in rehab story they apparently agreed to report on an anonymous basis what they were told by a doctor (apparently not much at all) after checking the credentials of the doctor (pretty much all one can do on line in the way of credentials with certainty is to see whether Dr. X appears on the CPSO site as a licensed physician) and the 'rehab' facility (which, since private ones are not licensed by anyone, may be no more than checking the facility's own advertising), without asking any more (see Segluns' tweets about the "good questions" that they did not ask). The result - which I find very disappointing - is that the general credibility of the CBC got added to a very flimsy tale.

From Reddit ...

[–]Trent_Boyett 8 points 3 hours ago
I'm beginning to think the whole Rob Ford fiasco is a cleverly orchestrated diversionary tactic.
Somewhere, at some level of government, some unspeakably horrible acts are being committed against us and Rob Ford was chosen as a sacrificial lamb to keep our attention distracted.
There's no way the man could really be so much of an ongoing train wreck. It's got to be a setup. We're through the looking-glass here people

I'm mostly a please-take-the-tinfoil-off-your-head-and-attempt-to-be-rational sort of person, so at this point I'm alarmed that the above is somewhat persuasive to me.

Really, I still think that the whole RoFo phenomenon is a perfect storm of a mutant personality, horrible family dynamics, and the wrong mood at the wrong time for Toronto voters, but the non-stop weirdness is seriously hacking away at the foundations of this line of thought.

I hear you on that. I differ with the "cleverly orchestrated" part of the post though. I really believe that corruption has become so entrenched in the system that even rank amateurs are now taking a crack at it, with bizarre, disgusting and unexpected results. It is a distraction from the horrors that I am sure are being perpetrated by those smarter than the Fords, but I think that is just convenient for the rest. No conspiracy larger than a selfish silence is necessary. Our best hope is that there is a thread from the Fords to the larger circle of power and someone tugs at it long enough. Can you hear us TPS and OPP? Our other smaller hope is that the media can reframe this as a question not about the latest bizarre event but about the overall expectations of knowledge, vision, mediation and inclusiveness that should be expected from our civic leaders.

Phew, rant over.

Last edited:

[...]

<my take is he had one of his flunkies compose it for him - he's just not that literate>

BTW, the comments following the column can be summed up with 'go away and take your brother with you, you're a liar, these kids are your constituents too and your vague attacks on these kids have no basis in fact.

Hopelessly optimistic, I know, but it would be awesome if the actual writer of this piece came out and said, After I saw the piece posted on the Sun web site, I realized that no amount of money would persuade me to sit at a desk up to my eyeballs in toxic bullshit typing out yet another English translation of Doug's Satanic gibberish.

How did the Escalade get to Muskoka if Rob has been up there "the whole time"? Even if Rob was in town at the Timmies, wasn't it seen on his driveway after that?

you could just ask it; Rob Ford's Escalade now has it's own twitter account :p
https://twitter.com/RobFordEscalade

...and it is spectacular!

*though I think someone here already knows this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back