News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've long maintained the aspect of a major police investigation and systemic corruption behind Ford's own drug abuse is far, far more interesting than Ford himself.

My guess - for what that is worth - is that the impound yard removed the plates when they saw reporters taking photos of the Escalade.

It's like when a plane crashes and the airline paints over their logo to prevent bad images being associated with their brand.
Okay - it's not really like that... but that's what it reminds me of.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the FAC system, but I don't believe the conditions you mentioned would lead to an FAC suspension or impounding of weapons. Being convicted of a violent crime involving firearms would certainly do it, but I'm not sure what other situations would lead to suspension/weapons impounding.

In the absence of reasons to be alert or suspicious about one or more firearms (and there don't seem to have been any, at least as reported): The OPP would have asked her for her driver's license and the vehicle registration and then taken her license away as part of a "roadside suspension" and had a towing company come to take the SUV away. The subject of whether she might have a FAC would not have come up (never mind what the OPP could - or could not - have done about it if it had come).

Les:

At this point, does it really matter? He is well past the point of FOAD.

AoD

FOAD....haha had to look it up:)

The lies about rehab ( drying out spa as I like to call it) have to be exposed. That little girl's story about seeing him at timmies is highly believeable! And Thugs lies about it being him must be exposed too.

The media needs to call them out on their lies!

So how many people believe slob is actually in rehab?

I do. And if Rob announced he was dropping out of the 2014 race to focus on his health, I'd take that as pretty good evidence the program is working. Since he hasn't, I suspect he has a long way to go. As for the rest of it, it's noise. Intriguing, to be sure, but still noise. It's like looking at clouds. We get a few wisps of info. One person sees a dragon, another sees the outlines of North America.

Gosh I loved that show when I was a kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocra_xWHnlg

There's a hold up in the Bronx,
Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's a traffic jam in Harlem
That's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troup short a child,
Kruschev's due at Idlewild
Car 54, Where Are You?

When I was 9 years old (or 8 or 10 - somewhere around there) my parents took me to NYC on vacation. What I have never forgotten is that (1) I got to go to Manhatten for the first time, (2) I got to go to a classic NYC coffee shop and sit at the counter for the first time and (3) also sitting at the counter (not in 'uniform') was Officer Gunther Toody - Joe E. Ross. He had a brief chat with my parents (this was decades before selfies and celebrity hysteria), did one "ooh, ooh" for me, and gave me his autograph on the free postcard that I had pocketed from our hotel room (the Edison, near Times Square). (If I had the time for an attic excursion, I would do looking for the autographed card right away!)*

*(I'm pretty sure it's in the same box as my Henny Youngman autograph, from a show at the Imperial Room at the Royal York.)

Last edited:
When I was 9 years old (or 8 or 10 - somewhere around there) my parents took me to NYC on vacation. What I have never forgotten is that (1) I got to go to Manhatten for the first time, (2) I got to go to a classic NYC coffee shop and sit at the counter for the first time and (3) also sitting at the counter (not in 'uniform') was Officer Gunther Toody - Joe E. Ross. He had a brief chat with my parents (this was decades before selfies and celebrity hysteria), did one "ooo, ooo" for me, and gave me his autograph on the free postcard that I had pocketed from our hotel room (the Edison, near Times Square). (If I had the time for an attic excursion, I would do looking for the autographed card right away!)

You're lucky, Pud. My first NYC experience comes from a short period when my family lived in Manhatten. I was three, and until I went there on vacation last summer, my biggest New York memory was the pride I felt at being able to get into the bathtub without adult help for the first time.

In the absence of reasons to be alert or suspicious about one or more firearms (and there don't seem to have been any, at least as reported): The OPP would have asked her for her driver's license and the vehicle registration and then taken her license away as part of a "roadside suspension" and had a towing company come to take the SUV away. The subject of whether she might have a FAC would not have come up (never mind what the OPP could - or could not - have done about it if it had come).

Thanks for that, pud99.

Going back to georgevicbell's point about the revokation of these certificates -- the key to that process is violence or the threat of it. There's nothing to suggest that violence figures into the situation that occurred on Tuesday.

~~~

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

* There are almost 1.9 million firearms licence holders in Canada *

While the vast majority of firearm owners are responsible and comply with the law, over 22,000 firearms licences have been refused or revoked by the CFP for public safety reasons. Most revocations are due to court orders following a conviction.

* How else does the CFP [Canada Firearms Program] promote a safe and secure Canada? *

-- Continuous eligibility screening — If a licensed individual is the subject of a police report involving violence that is recorded on the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), an interface between CPIC and the CFP database ensures that a report is automatically sent to the Chief Firearms Officer of their province or territory for further review and investigation.

-- Enhanced screening is an initiative under which trained CFP staff speak directly with a firearms licence applicant and their references to gain more comprehensive knowledge about the applicant.

-- A national program — Decisions regarding firearms licences apply everywhere in Canada, eliminating public safety gaps.

Last edited:
Just a small extract from Wikipedia (couldn't resist - "Do You Mind?"):

In 1955, Ross worked at a nightclub in Miami Beach called Ciro's. He was spotted by Nat Hiken and Phil Silvers, who were planning You'll Never Get Rich (later known as The Phil Silvers Show and sometimes Sgt. Bilko) and loved Ross's comedy skills. Ross was hired on the spot and cast as the mess sergeant, Rupert Ritzik.

Ross made Ritzik memorable. Ritzik was henpecked, dumb, and greedy, always an easy mark for Bilko's schemes. Whenever Ritzik had a sudden inspiration, he would hesitate and stammer "Ooh! Ooh!" before articulating his idea. The catch phrase came from the actor's own frustration when he couldn't remember his lines. Silvers would deliberately stray from the scripted dialogue and give Ross the wrong cues, prompting a genuinely confused reaction and an agonized "Ooh! Ooh!" from Ross.

After The Phil Silvers Show ended in 1959, Nat Hiken went on to produce Car 54, Where Are You? and cast Joe E. Ross as Patrolman Gunther Toody of New York's 53rd Precinct. Fred Gwynne, another Bilko alumnus, played Toody's partner, Francis Muldoon. Toody could usually be counted on at some point to say, "Ooh! Ooh!" or "Do you mind? Do - you - mind?". Ross became so identified with his policeman role that he recorded an album of songs entitled "Love Songs from a Cop". Roulette Records released the LP in 1964. Ross did the voice for Toody for the episode "Car 54" of Hanna-Barbera's Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, in which Toody and Muldoon moonlight running a day care center and one of the children turns up missing.

Ross also starred as Gronk in Sherwood Schwartz's ill-fated 1966 sitcom It's About Time, which featured two 1960s American astronauts who were thrown back in time to the prehistoric era.

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 10.39.56 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 10.39.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 10.39.56 AM.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 756
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back