News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naming no names, there is at least one UTer on this thread whom I imagine would cheerfully rename it the Douglas Sr., Douglas Jr. and Robert Ford Park if the latter two would only hurry up and die too.*

*Preferably in a hail of police bullets, IIRC.

At least 2

you could just ask it; Rob Ford's Escalade now has it's own twitter account :p
https://twitter.com/RobFordEscalade

...and it is spectacular!

*though I think someone here already knows this

I am defo not the one that already knows this, but wow that is paralyzingly funny, e.g.,

Rob Ford's Escalade @RobFordEscalade · 2h
There are nights when you're boxed in by TPS and he's singing along with Trooper on the radio & you think, "I could have been a Kia"

1:32 -- "The police still have my license, so I have my FAC, like... (unintelligible)... I have an FAC..."

(Maybe that's what she said, I am not absolutely positive).

Much of the audio was muddled and unintelligible, but she did use the word "license" at another spot in that section as well. Just conjecture here, but I would guess that she was referring to using her FAC to identify herself. (Especially in rural parts of Canada, an FAC can be used as official government-issued i.d. because it has an expiry date, date of birth, photo and signature, and is issued by a federal government agency, the RCMP. And given the fact that a well-known photo of her was taken with a gun in hands, it's not a stretch to think she would possess an FAC.)

Good catch on that, VP, and good catch on the teenage-inspired "oh, nice watch, I have a watch too, but I... I...; oops I better stop talking now".

Wait - so if I am reading this right, if you self admit yourself to rehab, then get caught by police in a DUI in this country - they take your drivers license - but let you keep your FAC?

One would think that it should be an automatic impounding of the weapons and license revocation until a court date, or the police decide it's ok to release it to you - same as with the vehicle...

Now I'm getting a blank page for Greenestone's Mental Health and Addictions Advisory Board @ http://greenestoneclinic.com/aboutus_ab.html, but, apropos of nothing, I nominate Dr. Luke Fazio as the original CBC source.

and the site is not up to date. dr. y.m. markus is listed as being on the management team, but according to his linkedin...

Medical Director of Executive Performance & Health Division
Greenestone Clinic Toronto

July 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 9 months)

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/y-michael-markus-md-mph-tm-frcpc-cmro/33/371/2a8

also, it says sandra edwards started there in 2011, but her linkedin doesn't show her starting anywhere in 2011, let alone greenestone...

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/sandraedwardsrd

Last edited:
Yeah, evvabeing, I'm suffering from this nervous condition wherein my profound ignorance of of how money people work makes everything about Greenestone mysterious and foreboding. How and why does a medical professional based in Ontario become a director of a natural-resource extraction company in Colorado, which goes on to hire Greenstone in a consultative role before becoming Greenstone? I'm cool with being glib about Shawn Leon's involvement - family fortune bolstered by cocaine trafficking and real estate development - just piles of money with which Dr.'s piles of money wish to be fruitful and multiply.

Wait - $10.50 an hour!!!
http://ontario.jobs-open.ca/jobs/on-muskoka-ontario-1816191-ontario-greenestone-clinic-addictions-counsellor-k3bee.php

Market Opportunity: As GRST looks to grow as a health care services company, following are some industry related data with relevance for GRST operations or objectives: The Province of Ontario is moving towards patient based funding for certain procedures, which seems likely to continue to drive patients to out of hospital treatment centers. It is estimated that 20% of Canadians experience a mental health or addiction problem. Almost 1/3rd of Canadians seeking mental health care report their needs are unmet.

However, the two major letters of intent executed by the Company recently, relating to a potential merger of the addiction treatment segment and the acquisition of the real estate where GRST’s addiction treatment facility is located, could have an impact on GRST valuation that is enormous, but challenging to quantify. While the real estate acquisition would add a $9 million asset to the Company’s balance sheet and, if funded primarily by equity, would represent a very strong statement by CEO Shawn Leon (the seller of the real estate) regarding his view of the outlook for GRST, the acquisition would also require the assumption of $4 million in debt and the issuance of perhaps 50 million new GRST shares, reducing the implied potential value per share to closer to $0.45. Additionally, while the Company’s recently completed financing is a very positive signal, GRST is reporting $4.2 million in current liabilities, including $2.1 million in withholding and sales tax payable, which adds uncertainty the valuation discussion.

Ha!
Marketing:The Company has not implemented a formal marketing plan, but plans to make this a priority for 2014.

http://www.murphyanalytics.com/uploads/GRST_Initiation.pdf

Here's an interview with Shawn Leon. Again, apologies to anyone who may have posted this before. I've only just started paying attention!
[video]http://watch.bnn.ca/clip863464#clip863464[/video]

"I don’t believe in all this public-funded health care because we gotta pay for it," Ford told WJFK's "The Sports Junkies."

"Ford said that in Canada, the country "can't afford" their universal health coverage."

“What you guys are doing down there, I just, I can’t get my head around it because it’s costing a fortune, and I don’t know where you guys are going to find the money, except the taxpayers pockets," he continued.

“And I think people are taxed to death, and I don’t mind two-tier healthcare; if you want healthcare, you pay for it. I understand that. And we have general healthcare up here, or OHIP we call it, but, you know, it’s gonna cost a fortune for you guys to put in this ObamaCare, and I just don’t see how the people are going to be able to afford it, to tell you the truth.”

Screenshot-3.jpg

TL;DR While Greenestone Toronto endoscopic and anorectal surgical and screening services does OHIP work, Greenestone Muskoka is a private healthcare facility owned in the U.S..

Aside: I see the petition reached a whopping 24 signatories today. If we get to 50 I pledge to write a really special letter of petition!

Attachments

• Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,078
Last edited:
"I try not to be a nosy neighbour,†said McRobb's neighbour, Gladys Kravitz.

"I try not to be a nosy neighbour,†said McRobb's neighbour, Gladys Kravitz, during an interview with the media about the cars that have been parked in her unmarried female neighbour's driveway.

Wait - so if I am reading this right, if you self admit yourself to rehab, then get caught by police in a DUI in this country - they take your drivers license - but let you keep your FAC?

One would think that it should be an automatic impounding of the weapons and license revocation until a court date, or the police decide it's ok to release it to you - same as with the vehicle...

I don't know all the ins and outs of the FAC system, but I don't believe the conditions you mentioned would lead to an FAC suspension or impounding of weapons. Being convicted of a violent crime involving firearms would certainly do it, but I'm not sure what other situations would lead to suspension/weapons impounding.

"I try not to be a nosy neighbour,” said McRobb's neighbour, Gladys Kravitz, during an interview with the media about the cars that have been parked in her unmarried female neighbour's driveway.
i wonder how many people here truly appreciated that excellent cultural reference, seeing as the television show featuring this character finished its run over 40 years ago

i wonder how many people here truly appreciated that excellent cultural reference, seeing as the television show featuring this character finished its run over 40 years ago

If it makes you feel better, it ended almost a decade before I was born but I got the reference. My mom used to use it all the time :)

All that we have to go on is one person at the impound reported as saying that he did not remove the plates. Could well have been someone else at the impound. It is a relatively effective way to inhibit people from trying to get their car back by "self help" (i.e., sneaking it out without paying the towing and storage charges - probably more of an issue for a small impound in a rural area, compared to, say, a giant one in Toronto that would be much harder to try to sneak out of).

Also in support of the theory that the plates were likely removed after the arrest, if McRobb (or Ford) had removed the plates so that she could drive around in the Escalade inconspicuously, wouldn't the charges have included something about driving a vehicle without plates?

If it makes you feel better, it ended almost a decade before I was born but I got the reference. My mom used to use it all the time :)

Bewitched is still on tv. If you have an antenna pointed south you can catch it every day on WGRZ 2-3 Buffalo along with a host of other nostalgic shows including "car 54 where are you" (obviously not too close behind ROFO), "Mr. Ed" (rumours persist that Rub played the back end of that character) and of course that classic "Gilligan's Island" where Rub played the "skipper" who managed to strand them all and be outshone by his dimwitted first mate Gilligan (played by Tug Ford).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back