News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people in Ford Nation who will tell you that since the father was "working" at the TTC, he could have been dead for two years without anyone noticing.

It's funny how neither Rob nor Doug has ever said, 'You know, my grandpa worked at the TTC so my family knows something about transit, blah blah blah'.

Notice that none of them was referred to in the obituary (no "beloved brother of").

There were two in Doug Sr.'s death notice from 2006:

"Dear brother of Audrey MOSLEY and Lorraine YOUNG" I guess the others have passed on? Doug Sr. was the youngest, right?

It's funny how neither Rob nor Doug has ever said, 'You know, my grandpa worked at the TTC so my family knows something about transit, blah blah blah'.

While little Henry Edsel was electrocuted at a TTC-related location, but it is far from clear that the gibberish on the grave-finder pages means that his father worked for the TTC - not to mention that his father died two years before the kid did (1933, versus 1935).

Casita: I now know how to get to the archives on-line, but I do not have my library card with me at the moment. Can you say whether the articles about the accident and the inquest indicate where the deceased kid's deceased father used to work?

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.52.01 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.52.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.52.01 AM.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 740
There were two in Doug Sr.'s death notice from 2006:

"Dear brother of Audrey MOSLEY and Lorraine YOUNG" I guess the others have passed on? Doug Sr. was the youngest, right?

Missed that. Thanks.

Every story I've seen says Doug Sr. was the youngest.

Oh, dear. Oh, pud99.

Indefensible, i know.

ETR (edited to remove): The Cupertino Effect is not a worthy excuse. One ought to be vigilant about such a well-known problem with spell-check programs (difficulty with the rarest or most unusually spelled variant, as with peek, peak and pique).

Last edited:
I knew you were an old timey guy, but you were reading the 1935 paper! What are you like 90?

Star has archives online for members, I *think*... You can also find them at the library, I'm sure. Never tried myself, but I recall people saying old newspapers were recorded on microfilm.

Oh Snap! :) Also, truth.

Speaking of Dougie Junior, I just saw a candidate profile on Torontoist for one of the candidates running in Ward 2. And he's got a bit of a slap against the brothers Ford:

http://torontoist.com/2014/05/meet-a-council-candidate-andray-domise-ward-2/

Full disclosure: I am working on Andray Domise's campaign.

Domise is a solidly serious candidate with precisely zero love for the Fords. As part of our research, we've been looking at voting records. They have done so little and have actively voted against so many things that would benefit Rexdale on any meaningful level that it's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back