News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least one thing has changed in RoFo's daily habit...... this is the second day in a row he has been seen in public before 10am. Must be a habit he picked up in Muskoka. Wonder how long he can keep it up. When he starts rolling into CH at his usual time, that will be a pretty good sign he's using/drinking again.
He's probably sleeping at his mom's place and she won't let him sleep in. He needs to get out there and get re-elected.

Am I racist? I'll let it out that I don't have much time for idiots such as the FoBos and / or Mammo.

.. it doesn't really matter what colour or size of apples an idiot eats, it's just universal that I can't spare much time for idiots. Does that make me an all-encompasing racist? By DoFo's definition the answer is yes.

StrashinCBC 11:13am via Twitter Web Client
I asked Mayor what his message was to young athletes visiting his office about dangers of drugs and alcohol. He said "I support youth 100%"

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 5m
The mayor refused to answer questions. We were waiting for youth to be recognized. His spokesperson physically restrained me from following.

This is going to get ugly.

The spewing of outrage expected to come from Mammo, Rob and now Doug will have to be tightly scheduled this afternoon so the hissy fits don't overlap.

reporterdonpeat 11:32am via iOS
Tommy Lenathen is at City Hall - he's filed an integrity commish complaint against Doug Ford for comments on autism. http://pic.twitter.com/5plb1HV1pw

Last edited:
Sounds like Mammo got caught with outright fraud--

BenSpurr 11:59am via TweetDeck
Integrity commissioner says event invoices to lobbyists were altered to show different amounts, different payees.

BenSpurr 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Report: contract with banquet hall originally listed the client as "Giorgio Mammoliti Campaign," but his staff asked his name be removed.

BenSpurr 11:45am via TweetDeck
One of Mammoliti's publicly funded staffers worked on event on 23 workdays, another staffer 15 days.

Last edited:
Sounds like Mammo got caught with outright fraud--

BenSpurr 11:59am via TweetDeck
Integrity commissioner says event invoices to lobbyists were altered to show different amounts, different payees.

CBC News just said that the Integrity Commissioner is recommending maximum penalty - 3-months salary withheld.

Maybe his electors will now smarten up and rid us of his continued presence on Council - he really gives slimy toads a bad name!

CP24 says:

The city’s integrity commissioner has ruled that Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti broke the code of conduct by accepting $80,000 raised by a fundraising dinner in his honour and is recommending that council suspend his pay for 90 days as punishment.

The $500-a-plate dinner held last May was organized by Mammoliti’s son Michael and billed as a chance to help the Ward 7 councillor “continue to fight the good fight at city hall.” in invitations distributed to invited guests.

In her decision, integrity commissioner Janet Leiper said that by accepting the profits from the event Mammoliti violated Article IV of the code of conduct, which prohibits members of council from accepting any gifts related to the “performance of his or her duties.”

In choosing to recommend that council suspend Mammoliti’s pay for three months, Leiper opted for the most severe penalty available to her. The only other available penalty for violating the code of conduct is a formal reprimand from council.

“I recommend that council consider an appropriate sanction for the breach of the code of conduct. A number of considerations may be taken into account, including the quantum of the breach. The amount of the gift is significant, being 160 times greater than the maximum allowable personal gift to a member of council within the recognized exceptions,” Leiper wrote. “Second, it cannot be said on the available evidence to date that the breach was a good faith breach. The councillor was copied on certain key pieces of correspondence about the event after his return to work from his health issue.”

The dinner was held two weeks after Mammoliti returned to work after undergoing a series of emergency brain surgeries and the councillor has previously said that it was organized without his knowledge to help celebrate his return to good health.

In her report, however, Leiper said the event was a fundraiser and was described as such in several correspondences between organizers.

Leiper also said that the event was particularly inappropriate given the guest list, which included several companies that possess or have bid on contracts with the City of Toronto in the past as well as a number of lobbyists.

If council votes to accept the proposed sanction, Mammoliti will be docked about $26,000 in pay.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/integrity-...broke-code-of-conduct-1.1897300#ixzz36QGEw22J

Last edited:
Of course, no need for personal responsibility because he has a disease...

BenSpurr 12:11pm via TweetDeck
As part of Mammoliti's defence, he told the commissioner he suffered memory loss following his brain surgery.

I was going to post something similar this morning. The attitude towards him has definitely changed. The 8 weeks in spahab helped the city more than Ford. We once again saw what a city is supposed to be like. There shouldn`t be news reports every day on what the Mayor did or said the night before.

If this keeps up (and in combination with his inevitable `relapse`) I don`t think he`ll get more votes than Socknacki by the end of it, assuming he`s still in the race.

What really cracks me up, he and Thug had 8 weeks to come up with answers to the tough questions he`s dodging, and they still got nothing.

At first I was worried that outbursts like Killorans may backfire (Ford could try to use their persecution complex - similar to the media excuse) But, it`s what`s needed now. He has to hear from the people that he`s no longer tolerated to even show up to events. Also, the media`s doing a much better job this time, not really focusing on the drinking, but on the racism and misogyny.

junior:

I think the Killoran/East York episode showed once and for all how utter vacuous RoDoFo are. I don't think that genie is going back into the bottle.

AoD

Good article from Matt Elliott about what happened yesterday in council:

"The incident goes to the heart of why Ford is unqualified for his job. Even if you can set aside the drug use, the police investigation, and the sexist/homophobic/racist stuff, he’s never demonstrated an ability to get anything done. He refuses to argue issues based on the facts. In the end, all he seems to care about is making it known that he’s opposed to things."

http://metronews.ca/voices/ford-for...-the-public-debate-and-wastes-everyones-time/

junior:

I think the Killoran/East York episode showed once and for all how utter vacuous RoDoFo are. I don't think that genie is going back into the bottle.

AoD

Ford`s got a better chance of fitting into size 32 inch jeans than getting that genie back in the bottle. This could make the final months of this race awesome. The more boo`s he gets the quicker we get another cellphone video of him doing something drunk or worse. He feeds on his popularity, if it isn`t there, he`s nothing.

Just hope no one else gets harmed when he does go on another bender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back