News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The agenda item recommends a written apology to Ainslie and an apology on the floor of council. I can already hear the "so, so, so, so, so, SOOOOO sorry."

Yeah, cue the "5 year old being made to apologise" non-apology. Or the "it's my disease, not me! Your disease might be perfect, but..." non-apology.

Run, Robbie, run...

reporterdonpeat 9:55am via Twitter for iPhone
... And Mayor Rob Ford just ran away from reporters through the kitchen at One restaurant.

Run, Robbie, run...

... And Mayor Rob Ford just ran away from reporters through the kitchen at One restaurant.

I can't wait for the televised debates for the mayoral elections.

we're seeing a raft of things i consider rob's "triggers." losing tough 'showpiece' votes at coucil, motions to overturn things like his media policies, allies like mammo getting slammed, and now the hit from the integrity commissioner.

especially w/r/t the latter, if he comes out against her and calls her 'biased/lefty/etc,' it'll really look to all the world like nothing's changed in rehab.

the odds i put on a relapse are going up and up.

Run, Robbie, run...

Don Peat should give him a call about fixing a pothole in front of his house. Clearly that is the only way he's going to get to talk to the mayor.

Run, Robbie, run...

Cool, he's taking the very effective Mike Duffy strategy.

I think we found the new version of the Coward Robert Ford.

Not sure this has been addressed yet (this thread moves way to fast for me to keep track)...

Are "little red apples" a euphemism for anything? It seems like a REALLY, REALLY specific thing for Doug to mention right off the bat and just rolled off his tongue as if he'd used the phrase many times before.

the odds i put on a relapse are going up and up.

I'm not even sure if it would be considered a relapse at this point though? It's pretty likely that he was at least drinking throughout the 60 days off. He also seemed quite sedated during the CP24 interview, except for the very quick answer when asked if he was medicated. Possibly he took one or two extra benzos from what the Doc at Greenestone prescribed him? I'm thinking the odds of public intoxication are going up and up.

He still won't admit that he is addicted to crack. That is very telling, and I think speaks to what other people were saying about RoFo still working on step 1. He can at least parrot some recovery phrases, but the denial of the extent of his problem is still there. The question becomes will he get Step 1 completely before he dies. I found it a bit chilling when he said he was born with this disease, and he'll die with it. At this point it seems the disease very, very likely will be the thing that kills him.

spot on.

yes, i should clarify that i don't mean 'relapse' in the medical sense, but 'another public screw-up.'

as someone else already said, maybe the best thing for him would be to get filmed drunk at steak queen tonight. then he'd have a rock-solid excuse to leave the campaign, leave public life indefinitely, and really get help.

Not sure this has been addressed yet (this thread moves way to fast for me to keep track)...

Are "little red apples" a euphemism for anything? It seems like a REALLY, REALLY specific thing for Doug to mention right off the bat and just rolled off his tongue as if he'd used the phrase many times before.

I know "red apple" is a slang term for First Nations people perceived as acting "white" (along the same lines as the use of "banana", "coconut", etc., as slurs), but I don't think that's how Doug meant it; after all, his point seems to have been that "racism" isn't about "race". It came across to me as more a random word salad than anything else, similar to that time when he referred to young black men with "their hats on and their little funny signs". It certainly sounds racist and is also oddly specific, but I at least am unaware of any stereotype about black people (young men or otherwise) carrying little funny signs.

Well at least one thing has changed in RoFo's daily habit...... this is the second day in a row he has been seen in public before 10am. Must be a habit he picked up in Muskoka. Wonder how long he can keep it up. When he starts rolling into CH at his usual time, that will be a pretty good sign he's using/drinking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back