News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
he had jerry the driver with him, and three old guys, including jeff silverstein and (i think) bob marier handing him a bottle of water

series of twitter posts with picture starting here (i think you can still see the pictures even if you're not on twitter) --
https://twitter.com/rudydotca/status/485586610671456256

So is it Bob Marier's job to taste the drink before Rob gets it or does Joe still have that job?

No proof targeted killings in Vaughan linked: York Regional Police

York Regional Police has been largely silent on what the killings mean and what they are doing about the root causes of these bloody displays, until now.

Insp. Tim Kelly, who is in charge of York police’s major crimes unit, said that while detectives continue to investigate the killings, there is no proof the crimes are connected.

“Motives for murders are not always obvious,†he said. “Our investigators have a responsibility to keep open minds, look at all the angles and follow the evidence where it leads. There is currently no evidence to link the shooting incidents with each other.â€

Others familiar with the underworld are not so sure.

Two victims, Salvatore “Sam†Calautti, 41, who was shot and killed in July 2013 outside a stag party, and Carmine Verduci, 56, gunned down in broad daylight in April outside a west Woodbridge cafe, have been dubbed mafia killings by various sources in media reports.

Both men were suspected high-ranking members of crime families in or around Vaughan.

Meanwhile, the most recent victims, Ritesh Thakur and Sarhad Sadiq, both shot in public places within months of each other, had previously been charged in major cocaine trafficking investigations, an activity the mafia is suspected to be heavily involved in, experts say.

Whether or not these surprise attacks are linked to the ongoing Montreal mob war, which has claimed several lives in recent years, is something few people are willing to speak about.

Mafia experts, authors and journalists familiar with the underworld are but few voices on the subject.

The only authorities willing to comment openly are prosecutors in Italy, who wrote in a 2010 report that seven dominant crime families are living and working in the GTA.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...lings-in-vaughan-linked-york-regional-police/

Regarding Sobriety Coaches . . .

Elementary—the new, American version of the Sherlock Holmes saga—has been exploring this for a couple of seasons. In this particular series, Holmes has gone from the seven-percent solution of yore to full-blown heroin addiction, and his father hires a former doctor named Watson—played by the lovely Lucy Lu—to act as his full-time sobriety coach.

I may be naive to accept this as anything close to reality, but essentially she moves into his New York City brownstone, makes sure Sherlock is eating properly, encourages him to attend his AA meeting, keeps an eye out for any obvious shenanigans, and offers him support and advice when he needs it.

(She also ends up helping him solve crimes, but that's probably beyond what we're talking about here.)

In short, it's not her job—24/7—to tackle the man if he tries to leave the house. She's there for support, with the assertion that he needs it and the assumption that he wants it.

Elementary—the new, American version of the Sherlock Holmes saga—has been exploring this for a couple of seasons. In this particular series, Holmes has gone from the seven-percent solution of yore to full-blown heroin addiction, and his father hires a former doctor named Watson—played by the lovely Lucy Lu—to act as his full-time sobriety coach.

I may be naive to accept this as anything close to reality, but essentially she moves into his New York City brownstone, makes sure Sherlock is eating properly, encourages him to attend his AA meeting, keeps an eye out for any obvious shenanigans, and offers him support and advice when he needs it.

(She also ends up helping him solve crimes, but that's probably beyond what we're talking about here.)

In short, it's not her job—24/7—to tackle the man if he tries to leave the house. She's there for support, with the assertion that he needs it and the assumption that he wants it.

I'm pretty sure Rob Ford and his sobriety coach could quickly solve a few crimes if they put their heads together.

(Snark aimed at RoFo, not you, Roy's Square. The TV show seems interesting, as does your observation.)

Good old Mammoliti in 2012 Grid article - reminiscent of Rob Ford's reference to Karen Stinz.... omg I. just. can't. troglodytes the both of them

Mammoliti appeared on the radio station
Edge 102.1 the next morning, saying that if
Perks hadn’t backed off , “I would have kicked
him in the nuts and the face at the same time.”
Then he added that city integrity commissioner
Janet Leiper is “pretty good looking,” and noted
she rides a motorcycle, like him. When host
Dean Blundell suggested she was not so much a
“watchdog” as a “watchfox,” Mammoliti replied,
“We all want to ride the hog.”

Good old Mammoliti in 2012 Grid article - reminiscent of Rob Ford's reference to Karen Stinz.... omg I. just. can't. troglodytes the both of them

Mammoliti appeared on the radio station
Edge 102.1 the next morning, saying that if
Perks hadn’t backed off , “I would have kicked
him in the nuts and the face at the same time.â€
Then he added that city integrity commissioner
Janet Leiper is “pretty good looking,†and noted
she rides a motorcycle, like him. When host
Dean Blundell suggested she was not so much a
“watchdog†as a “watchfox,†Mammoliti replied,
“We all want to ride the hog.â€

God damn. Can't be easy for Mammo to be flip-flopping second-by-second about whether to be purely crazy, crudely offensive, or take the repellent middle ground between the two.

As you suggest, what comes out of RoFo's yap is appallingly similar.

Anyone watch Nurse Jackie?

What is with all the dry cleaning and Rob Ford. Is that where his stash of drugs is kept and moved around?

Not the first time Rob Ford has been linked with drugs and dry cleaning..........

The G&M article by Hui talks about "... Jeff Silverstein, the newly hired communications director on the re-election campaign for Toronto’s embattled mayor." He said that Silverstein "... appeared at the mayor’s side at each of his public events, listening intently with arms crossed during interviews, and pacing around the mayor’s office between appearances." Aren't there rules that separate when a sitting city employee is working for the city versus campaigning for re-election? Don't their re-election employees have to stay out of their employer's CH office? It seems like the only work both Fords are doing is campaigning.

Exactly. The interviews were campaign oriented (esp. if Silverstein was there), plus Doug was present through them. The only reason his campaign comm. director and campaign manager would be there for the interviews is if it were campaign related. The fact that both are present, and Diane who also has no business at city hall, and then they went to an event together, shows that it is all campaign related. I don't think that the Fords understand the difference between mayoral work and campaigning since they'e been in campaign mode since 2010, this is just when it's the most obvious. I honestly don't think they realize that they are doing anything wrong. They think they own the place and that the job is the campaign.

I would love to see a FOI for today though.........

Last edited:
God damn. Can't be easy for Mammo to be flip-flopping second-by-second about whether to be purely crazy, crudely offensive, or take the repellent middle ground between the two.

As you suggest, what comes out of RoFo's yap is appallingly similar.

Cut from the same bolt, and share the same bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back