News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking. Fords received fresh allegations for a story running tommorow. Perhaps Doug's broken windows was meant as their distraction story this time and to garner sympathy!

I just said the exact thing to my mom! Doug broke the window as a distraction.

Wtf would that matter? RoFo's already been arrested - and convicted - previously. And the cops have an entire project revolving around this useless f.......

At this point I almost pity rob, but despise Doug.

Not yet at the stage to pity Rob but DEFINITELY despise Doug! He is everything I don't like in a human being!!

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo
Doug Ford calls into Live Drive, says he's "investigating" Joe the Jogger. Says media should ask if he's been arrested, sanctioned at work
https://twitter.com/siomo/status/486631462813192192

whoa, Dougie is losing it.
It's not even about Joe K anymore, Dougie. It's John Furr today... and it'll be someone else tomorrow, and someone else the day after that. It's all over now.

I wonder if anyone from CH media bothered to go down to the garage to check Doug's car and see if there's evidence of a broken window. He said it happened last night. Would it have been fixed by this morning?

I was thinking. Fords received fresh allegations for a story running tommorow. Perhaps Doug's broken windows was meant as their distraction story this time and to garner sympathy!

Are you speculating, or is a new story on the way?

Good article from the Calgary Herald, it looks like Calgary understands Rob very well:

+100! This is how our local media should be reporting the whole circus instead of reporting verbatim the BS the Ford Bros are sprouting. I've copied the entire article for your convenience.

BY WILLIAM WOLFE-WYLIE, CANADA.COM JULY 8, 2014
He’s now just Sideshow Rob. No longer a political contender, no longer the force to be reckoned with and certainly no longer the man to stop the gravy train. Rob Ford is a man without ideas, without the power to push forward an agenda and without the support to stay in office.

But he puts on such a good show, we can’t help but watch. He’s the sideshow. Sideshow Rob.

As the mayor tried to make a transit policy announcement on Tuesday morning (anti-transit, pro-car pretty much sums it up), protestors kept interrupting him and demanding he resign.

Right now http://t.co/5oN922XRzF—
Jackson Proskow (@JProskowGlobal) July 08, 2014

But the entire idea behind the press conference was so backward.

The event was about a major infrastructure project in midtown Toronto called EglintonConnects, the planning study that goes along with the Eglinton Crosstown, a $5.3-billion, 19 km light rapid transit line. The project will put the LRT line underground for the most congested part of the street while adding bike lanes to above-ground portions. It would create a single transit corridor for the entire length of the city and, according to city studies, revive businesses and residential areas along the length of it.

The plan has been in the works for years and has already been approved by City Council (way back in 2012, actually). Council then approved the environment assessment study unanimously in May, only five days after the mayor left for rehab. Drills are already in the ground boring massive tunnels for underground transit lines. Stations are being built. Council today is only debating the best way to implement the plan.

But, despite all that, Ford announced on Tuesday he will work to derail the project because of the above-ground traffic congestion it will cause.

"The taxpayers don't want to spend $150 million & they do not want to reduce lanes from 5 lanes to 2" Rob Ford this AM on Eglinton #TOpoli—
Don Peat (@reporterdonpeat) July 08, 2014

Ford’s assertion of reduced traffic lanes is simply untrue.

“There’s nowhere along the corridor that’s going down to one lane (in each direction),†the city’s chief planner Jennifer Keesmaat said Monday.

Here's a rendering of the proposed Eg Connects for the underground portion of the LRT (provided by city) http://t.co/t5TRtq3lHR—
Jackson Proskow (@JProskowGlobal) July 08, 2014

Well done, Sideshow Rob.

Meanwhile, the mayor also continued to refuse to answer questions about alleged corruption.

The mayor refused to answer questions about allegedly mixing his private business with city business, as the Globe reported—
Jennifer Pagliaro (@jpags) July 08, 2014

Ford’s grasp on reality, though, seems tenuous at best. At the bottom of the Toronto Star story on the press conference he held this morning, this little gem is buried:

When asked for his take on the most recent poll putting him in third place behind John Tory and Olivia Chow, Ford said he is tied with Chow in first place at 35 per cent. It is not clear where the mayor got those numbers.

Even when Ford did get back to City Hall after his pointless press conference and fantasizing about being in first place in the election, he was hardly concerned with getting back into the work of running the city.

Council trying to set agenda for the day. Mayor Rob Ford meeting school kids and posing for selfies #TOpoli—
Don Peat (@reporterdonpeat) July 08, 2014

Sideshow Rob strikes again.

Since Ford’s widely criticized apology for his lies and abusive remarks about Toronto residents, people around the city have made it their mission to show up at Ford’s public appearances and make their displeasure with his leadership known.

There were also protesters as Ford arrived at a radio interview, which the mayor dismissed equally. As Josh Visser reported in The National Post, Ford isn’t making any promises about his post-rehab life.

“I am not making any promises,†Ford said when asked if he could remain clean and sober during the campaign and if he is re-elected. “You basically are going to have to trust me.â€

At least one candidate for city council in the coming election, Andray Domise, also approached Ford at a community event and blogged about the unanswered questions of bigotry for The Huffington Post.

And of course, there’s Joe Killoran, who was widely filmed yelling at Ford while on a Canada Day jog and residents of another neighbourhood booed him as he walked the street.

The latest election polls suggest Ford’s support in the city has dropped as much as six points since his return from rehab and he could be up to 15 points behind the first place candidate.

Nick Nanos, chairman of Nanos Research, told the Toronto Sun Rob Ford is simply no longer a political contender.

“If this continues to be the trend, then I think Rob Ford is potentially making the transition from a political phenomenon to more a celebrity phenomenon,†he said.

Sounds like Sideshow Rob, all right. He’s known far more these days for everything but politics. He’s the favourite punching bag of Jimmy Kimmel and Jon Stewart.

As for the work of council, Ford continues to not be able to get support to push his projects or people. For example, this week he failed in his bid to get Ford-favourable replacements on council in place of two politicians who were elected to provincial and federal politics last month.

There was a lot of noise, a lot of fury. But nothing but a loss for Ford.

Again. It’s Sideshow Rob everywhere he goes.

Toronto goes to the polls on Oct. 27.

So now douggie is claiming to be investigating joe. A private citizen who was critical of his brother. How is this acceptable, legal, permitted, allowed?

So now douggie is claiming to be investigating joe. A private citizen who was critical of his brother. How is this acceptable, legal, permitted, allowed?

Scare tactics, Druggie is trying his hardest to be Goebbels.

Rena Heer @renaheer_CP24 · 1h
Toronto resident @GetachewS filed a formal complaint today against @TOMayorFord for the use of the "n-word" and the term "Paki"

Samuel Getachew @GetachewS · 4h
At Toronto City Hall to file a formal complaint against @TOMayorFord to the Integrity Commissionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back