News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on council procedures. They recessed, but didn't vote on the integrity commissioner complaint. They're now voting on amendments etc.

Is this normal procedure when resuming from a recess? They don't just go back to where they left off?

As the afternoon session begins...

BenSpurr 2:25pm via TweetDeck
Right before Rob Ford came out of his office, his driver instructed city security to "clean them out," referring to the media.

Nunziata, Denzil Minnan Wrong, Mammoliti. I love to see them all get voted out.

Doug the thug, classy as always. Best councilor and *co-mayor, ever.

"Materially inaccurate". Jesus, there comes a point where this Canadian politeness becomes cowardice.
It's called 'LYING'.

*Ooops, I meant Mayor Doug. Of course Doug has always been Mayor of this city.
My caffeine ration increase of 20mg to 10mg thanks to the generosity of Mayor Doug,
must have made my memory not double plus good.)

10431894_470559883046640_1710568719_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10431894_470559883046640_1710568719_n.jpg
    10431894_470559883046640_1710568719_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 785
the tension's really ratcheting up dramatically, and it's only wednesday. i wonder if rob and/or doug will snap in some kind of completely disastrous way soon. . .

Doug is scrumming with CP24.

"You don't report about the gays on our campaign? Why not? Rob has done more for them than anybody. He was at the flag raising last year. He made a donation to the parade."

"I know all you guys have your doctorate in rehab. There's always ups and downs. You don't explain to people the great successes Greenstone has accomplished. A great propsperous fruitful life, just like the mayor has. The mayor will be judged in 4 months."

Now Rob is here, they're asking why he's homophobic and didn't stand.

"You guys have asked me this question for 14 years and you know the answer. I'm not homophobic."

"So why didn't you stand?"

"I'm a little tired. I'm the only mayor that's saved taxpayers money. I stand for the taxpayers."

So Rob Ford didn't stand because he was tired from saving taxpayers all that money. Of course.

JProskowGlobal 2:36pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford told me to "get a life" as he stepped on to the elevator with his brother.

JProskowGlobal 2:35pm via Twitter for iPhone
The mayor also took a playful grab at my microphone as he stepped into the elevator.

The motion for fair media access was adopted, with Rob of course voting against (as did Parker and Del Grande). Doug seems to have stepped out -- he had been wandering around Council chambers yakking on his phone a couple of minutes ago.

Doug seems to have gone completely batsh*t crazy today. More so than usual after an exposé. What are the odds there's more coming soon?

Doug seems to have gone completely batsh*t crazy today. More so than usual after an exposé. What are the odds there's more coming soon?

Well in the past week alone we've had the "jihadi" attacks by press and the parent of an autistic boy who he said could "go to hell", claims of blackmail ("letters" to his wife claiming he uses hookers), claiming the "shirtless hoard" are plants by Chow or Tory and that Tory/Chow supporters smashed his window. Today he's using the "there are gays on our campaign team" (akin to "some of my best friends are X"), so, what now...

So one window of Doug's car is smashed and we get one Donovan story the next day? Smash all of the windows, puncture the tires, stick a banana in the tailpipe, hell, just blow the whole thing up!

"Materially inaccurate". Jesus, there comes a point where this Canadian politeness becomes cowardice. It's called 'LYING'.

It's all the more frustrating when you consider that Slob and Thug gained their initial appeal because of their blunt talk, and avoidance of typical political weasle-words like the above. Of course, they're both lying, pandering demagogues anyway, but their apparent willingness to call a spade a spade is what made them look 'real' to the apolitical masses out there. Why their opponents can't grasp ths simple fact is beyond me.

So one window of Doug's car is smashed and we get one Donovan story the next day? Smash all of the windows, puncture the tires, stick a banana in the tailpipe, hell, just blow the whole thing up!

Another time it was unspecified "threats", which turned out to be nothing of course.

Well in the past week alone we've had the "jihadi" attacks by press and the parent of an autistic boy who he said could "go to hell", claims of blackmail ("letters" to his wife claiming he uses hookers), claiming the "shirtless hoard" are plants by Chow or Tory and that Tory/Chow supporters smashed his window. Today he's using the "there are gays on our campaign team" (akin to "some of my best friends are X"), so, what now...

They know the campaign's in trouble and they don't have much left to lose. No more leverage except their continuous media notoriety. It's gonna be all Hail Marys, all the time, from now on I bet. But desperation = sloppiness and they're just going to keep on with the self-inflicted wounds until they exhaust themselves. Think about this: how can they keep on all the way to October under the same cloud they've been under since Rob got out of rehab? I know they're stubborn but I honestly feel like the pressure's never been higher and they seem to be starting to crack. And what could they possibly do at this point to get back on any kind of course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back