News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's back to the integrity commissioner's report ....

Doug was just hanging over Stintz's desk. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Deputy mayor using hockey analogies to describe/defend Ford's robocalls.

"Politics is a contact sport."

"Up against the boards", not "slammed into the boards".

"Ainslie could have counterpunched."

They know the campaign's in trouble and they don't have much left to lose. No more leverage except their continuous media notoriety. It's gonna be all Hail Marys, all the time, from now on I bet. But desperation = sloppiness and they're just going to keep on with the self-inflicted wounds until they exhaust themselves. Think about this: how can they keep on all the way to October under the same cloud they've been under since Rob got out of rehab? I know they're stubborn but I honestly feel like the pressure's never been higher and they seem to be starting to crack. And what could they possibly do at this point to get back on any kind of course?

Spot on. They do terribly under pressure, and I agree that it's never been higher. I'm sensing a growing groundswell that suggests that the pressure won't be letting up, either.

It'll be a wild ride to October as they lash out more and more desperately. Sadly, I think it's going to be ugly, too, and they seem very intent on bringing lots of people down with them.

I am here at the council meeting, with the integrity commissioner issue, Ford vs Ainslie up for discussion. Lots of councillors have left. Rob Ford was the first. KMW just gave a great speech, lambasting Ford. Peks is up now talking about using wealth to intimidate opponents.

I wonder, based on the previously posted photo of Ford alone piloting the Escalade, if angry sobriety coach got canned?

Breaking news! Ford returns to council, apologizes to Ainslie.

GraphicMatt 3:56pm via Echofon
"I accept the apology," says Ainslie. Councillors applaud. This was a top shelf use of six hours.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2014-07-09 15.59.38.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-09 15.59.38.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-09 15.59.38.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 823
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back