News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The label business is so good that Mom and Dad were able to put aside $30 million in a trust fund?
They've been around a long time, but sales in the first 30 years probably weren't high enough to skim off a million a year.

No idea if that number is correct - but it should be remembered that the Ford Family assets include commercial real estate (6 properties IIRC) too. The present market value of a trust fund that includes commercial real estate in the GTA (which, if bought years ago, would have cost far, far less at the time) could easily reach $30 million. (ETA: Your comment seems to have assumed that the trust fund consists only of cash and cash equivalents, overlooked that there has been significant inflation over the last three decades and overlooked that the market value of commercial real estate in the GTA has increased enormously over the last three decades.)

Last edited:
[wild speculation] so, rob just offered to pay her campaign expenses if she drops out? or offered her a nice plush 'cabinet'-type post if she gives him her support? [/wild speculation]

If his past habit is any indication.

Maybe a jar of jam as a peace offering.

I don't think that would shake her up

It'll be interesting if she drops out of the race sometime in the next few days. Would make one think either the Fords blackmailed her or threatened her. I totally wouldn't put playing the "Nice family you've got there---it'd be a shame if something happened to them " card past either of them.

Definitely. On the other hand, why bother? Her support is in the single digits - she's clearly not a threat to anyone in the race, and Stintz's soft support would go Tory (small-C conservative) or Chow (want a woman in the top job) long before Ford.

Stintz

Screenshot 2014-07-10 11.55.02.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-10 11.55.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-10 11.55.02.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 730
Stintz

Hmmm.... There was a lengthy whispered confab between Rob and Doug and one of Rob's PR people in a corner of counsel chambers not long before Stintz went into Rob's office.

Related?

Yes, that was added after the first bunch of tweets I posted (I then edited my original post). This really bothers me. What did Ford say to make her that upset?

This was just added:

J.Spencer Rowe
@JSpencerRowe
@robfordmustgo Yes something pretty awful I think. It shook me up and I'm steel.

Hmmm.... There was a lengthy whispered confab between Rob and Doug and one of Rob's PR people in a corner of counsel chambers not long before Stintz went into Rob's office.

Related?

i'm going to go ahead and speculate that, yes: related.

Definitely. On the other hand, why bother? Her support is in the single digits - she's clearly not a threat to anyone in the race, and Stintz's soft support would go Tory (small-C conservative) or Chow (want a woman in the top job) long before Ford.

Yes. She is polling at single digit percentages no larger, or barely larger, than the margin of error, and her soft supporters likely are at least rational enough to get by in day to day life.

stintz seems to be going after the people who initially voted for Ford, so maybe they think if she drops out they can get those people back on their side. It's dumb, but they're dumb, so...

stintz seems to be going after the people who initially voted for Ford, so maybe they think if she drops out they can get those people back on their side. It's dumb, but they're dumb, so...
It's such a dumb idea that I think you're onto something... Yup, I can see them believing they can still win. Just have to eliminate all of the competition.:p

It'll be interesting if she drops out of the race sometime in the next few days. Would make one think either the Fords blackmailed her or threatened her. I totally wouldn't put playing the "Nice family you've got there---it'd be a shame if something happened to them " card past either of them.

I had an alternate theory. The first thing that popped into my head was this -- and I'm going to be vague, because I would HATE to spread any kind of BS rumour, or perpetuate it. Once, when the whole RoFo crackstory started and I started following people randomly on twitter to stay up to date, I saw someone -and I have no idea who -- level an allegation about an inappropriate relationship at one of her staffers and her. It was later deleted.

That came to mind immediately upon reading this. Blackmail to drop out + endorsement? I dunno.

It's all so awful.

The Fords going after Stintz to drop out is likely, but isn't enough to shake her up as reported. The creep must have said something horrible. She didn't push the issue with his previous disgusting comments about her. Will she also let this slide, whatever it is? If Ford does have something on her, as suggested above, that could explain it.

I would REALLY like to know what is up with this Stintz thing. The Fords have been getting sloppier by the minute, but they never seem to self-inflict a fatal wound. What if this were it, finally???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back